SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

23 hours ago, Sunshine said:

This is a pretty looking scope!

It is gorgeous, I am still waiting for my 8” RC which was ordered Mid March. <shrug>

Nothing anyone can do but wait these days.

I’ve still plenty of stuff to clean, align etc. and new stuff to open.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, wulfrun said:

Postie brought me a Starguider 5mm, courtesy of the classifieds and @AstroNebulee

20210510_112723.thumb.jpg.e6088f6bcf7c79c57853f41131ac442b.jpg

Credit needs to be paid to him, since RM's "first class" service took 5 days and he pursued them over it.

Thank you Anthony, I'm pleased it got to you in the end, not the usual service I'd expect from royal mail and complained to them about a 1 or 2 day service taking this long. Enjoy the new ep and hope she brings you joy, pleasure to sell to a lovely fellow member 👍

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Thanks again to @FLOfor super fast delivery 👍

A Baader BBHS 2” Prism, 2” T2 Nosepiece, ClickLock 2” T2 adaptor and ClickLock 2” to 1.25” adaptor... now all assembled, ready for the FC-100DC primarily 😃

3D3B1DF4-1973-4CD5-82E5-6EC11CA9D566.jpeg

Baader prisms 

oh yes 👍 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Thanks again to @FLOfor super fast delivery 👍

A Baader BBHS 2” Prism, 2” T2 Nosepiece, ClickLock 2” T2 adaptor and ClickLock 2” to 1.25” adaptor... now all assembled, ready for the FC-100DC primarily 😃

3D3B1DF4-1973-4CD5-82E5-6EC11CA9D566.jpeg

Very nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The postie dropped off a big box of clouds, again, as well as a Svbony 165 guide scope for the carry about imaging rig which is a lot more robust than the pictures would say, some odds and sods electronic components; and a ASI120MC which I got for coins because "it didn't work on Linux" though after finding something on the Indilib forum posted by @alacant and a pot of brew, it'll do until I've got my head around the guiding side of things.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BCN_Sean said:

a ASI120MC which I got for coins because "it didn't work on Linux"

A 120MM that I have sitting here on my desk producing images in oacapture right now says it certainly can work on Linux.  It may require some faffing around and I don't know if it will work with all applications, but I guess you're going to find that one out :)

James

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JamesF said:

A 120MM that I have sitting here on my desk producing images in oacapture right now says it certainly can work on Linux.  It may require some faffing around and I don't know if it will work with all applications, but I guess you're going to find that one out :)

James

Had a little break in the clouds, so had it out on the back for a bit and with a rough alignment, seems to track ok in EKOS and PHD2, next test the alignment tools and plate solving on it; but as there was a storm rolling in, only the important got tested.

• Like 1

Well thank you again @FLO  just delivered now,  the Telrad can go on my small scope.  As you can see I got the best for MM and all the curves are OH So Beautiful together.  MM is my all time favourite actress Marilyn Monroe.

D702FC6F-6BE4-432C-82AA-1E6A1E8B1D97.jpg

AA01D6AC-DD95-4E41-962B-5210BBDDF68A.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dave61 said:

Well thank you again @FLO  just delivered now,  the Telrad can go on my small scope.  As you can see I got the best for MM and all the curves are OH So Beautiful together.  MM is my all time favourite actress Marilyn Monroe.

D702FC6F-6BE4-432C-82AA-1E6A1E8B1D97.jpg

AA01D6AC-DD95-4E41-962B-5210BBDDF68A.jpg

I've just bought the RA finder ... expecting it tomorrow ... great price looks good on the StellaLyra .. hmmm another scope i've got my eye on . :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

I've just bought the RA finder ... expecting it tomorrow ... great price looks good on the StellaLyra .. hmmm another scope i've got my eye on . :) 

I was going to wait and get the Straight one but thought no as I'd get a sore neck, plus the price on this was to good to say no to.

• Like 2

So much for not spending any more this summer 😮

An upgrade for the delivery from yesterday - 1TB should do it for a night (or five) of imaging before transferring to the laptop for processing.

PXL_20210511_SSD.jpg.942f380701bd617a81d529c2fc53c834.jpg

and a (looks brand new) 2" 2x ED Barlow from @Stu1smartcookie which arrived very quickly and very well packaged

PXL_20210511_Barlow.jpg.738ff84c3593f47ff996f82581e20520.jpg

very happy with both - just in time for the light nights eh? ;) 

• Like 10

DPD guy just delivered a William Optics 50mm Uniguide scope from Rother Valley Optics. Wasn't ordered till late Sunday so I'm pretty impressed with their service once again. First of three packages expected this week as I build a new wider field imaging set up to complement my C8. Photos once I have it all. 

Graeme

• Like 7

Finally got my new rings made by I have no idea who coming from no idea where, all I know is I ordered them on AliExpress after another member posted theirs. They certainly look great, feel very well machined and, are a bit lighter than my old rings, they also look smashing on my scope! 😁 

E31C68C5-DE2D-4750-A931-4E0FEF38C298.jpeg

B122BAFE-7929-4B80-8C41-8697997C78B1.jpeg

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 14

No astronomical darkness left at 55 degrees north so might as well stock up on some solar equipment! I'm very excited with this purchase and I've been wanting one for a about five years now since I first had a look though an H-alpha scope. Some quick peeks through high clouds revealed beautiful proms and texture in the chromosphere and current sunspots:)

Ingen tilgængelig beskrivelse.

• Like 18

Oh I'm in trouble now - working with headphones on and next thing I know is a Recorded Delivery box being placed next to me as the door shuts 😳

But it's a ZWO OAG, how could I not?!  

PXL_20210512_ZWO2.jpg.462d1812de61a4fa8d62dfb0dc27d62b.jpg

Thanks to @CCD Imager for the quick despatch and keeping it such great condition.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I’ve had to wait patiently for this to arrive. My UHC Filter journey started with 1.25” Astronomik which gave wonderful views of the Lagoon in my 130mm reflector using a 12mm BST Starguider. When the 10” dob came along, I upgraded to the 2” Astronomik. Last year, I got 2” Lumicon original UHC which edged out the Astronomik. Will the TeleVue Nebustar be an end to this journey?!? Only time will tell :D 

451FA033-B810-435D-AC3B-793C3A0FB5EE.jpeg

• Like 16

Some semi-rigid pluck foam arrived today, and I used it to reline an old but very robust and quite large aluminium case so I could make homes for my emerging 2" & dual barrel eyepiece set. 

L/R rear:

Morpheus 9mm & 17.5mm, and Celestron Axiom LX 23mm and 31mm (two of the biggest eyepieces I've ever owned).

L/R front:

Carton Zoom 7-21mm (keeping this as it's just so suitable for any scope and very versatile both for grab and go and in variable conditions in a single session), and Nagler T2 12mm.

For those with OCD who notice that the Morph 9mm and Nagler 12mm should ideally be in reversed positions, they are placed this way as the Morph 9mm is a tall eyepiece and fits better where it is shown😊.

I've also fitted 2" to 1.25" adapters to both Morphs as I mainly use a 2" diagonal, and will get one for the Nagler soon also..

This case also has a very robust handle...(not for Jeremy's benefit, but because the combined weight of this lot is significant!!)😁

Dave

IMG_20210512_154851324_HDR.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 12
  • Haha 2

Two new toys arrived today:  A lovely Celestron C80ED-R courtesy of Chaz2b, and a brand new AZ5 mount for her.

The scope is in great condition and Chaz is obviously the "go to" guy if you want a valuable parcel wrapping securely. Thanks very much mate - I'm very happy with it.

AZ5 came from Wide Screen as FLO didn't have stock. Ordered Monday evening and arrived this morning!

I chose both of them having read some great comments on SGL, and they feel like a cracking combination for a grab and go. Much easier than hauling out the 9.25 when I'm pushed for time or between breaks in the weather. It'll be much easier on my creaky old back too. Most of all, I'm looking forward to the nice wide views.

As it's going to be cloudy for the next two weeks, obviously, I had a quick look from inside the house to the bottom of the garden. I've got an "eye chart" taped on the greenhouse and the view was crystal, even through double glazing. My wife thought the view was a bit foggy, though.... "That's because you moved the scope, and you're looking through the lace curtain dear!"

I'm really excited to get this out under the stars, when they eventually reappear.

image.png.9b9d521744db977f4f98475c79e30d64.png

Edited by Starwatcher2001
Added thanks to Wide Screen.
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Another tidy little Baader product. A red dot finder for the frac. The 9x50 right angle finder was to big and heavy.

I have fitted this to the scope with a Baader universal clap. The tightening screws on the clamp are smooth as butter. Very satisfying to turn 😂

Now I just need to find the time to try this finder out!

DSC_1457.JPG

Edited by Barry-W-Fenner
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, F15Rules said:

Some semi-rigid pluck foam arrived today, and I used it to reline an old but very robust and quite large aluminium case so I could make homes for my emerging 2" & dual barrel eyepiece set. 

L/R rear:

Morpheus 9mm & 17.5mm, and Celestron Axiom LX 23mm and 31mm (two of the biggest eyepieces I've ever owned).

L/R front:

Carton Zoom 7-21mm (keeping this as it's just so suitable for any scope and very versatile both for grab and go and in variable conditions in a single session), and Nagler T2 12mm.

For those with OCD who notice that the Morph 9mm and Nagler 12mm should ideally be in reversed positions, they are placed this way as the Morph 9mm is a tall eyepiece and fits better where it is shown😊.

I've also fitted 2" to 1.25" adapters to both Morphs as I mainly use a 2" diagonal, and will get one for the Nagler soon also..

This case also has a very robust handle...(not for Jeremy's benefit, but because the combined weight of this lot is significant!!)😁

Dave

IMG_20210512_154851324_HDR.jpg

A very fine and capable set of glass Dave...:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not all from today, but delivered over the last couple of weeks.

Calumet STC46 case from WEX that fits my Uni 18 and iOptron pillar extension absolutely perfectly.

IMG_20210512_190853.thumb.jpg.da7cd29f437bda163d6dcf419e249fe7.jpg

IMG_20210512_190917.thumb.jpg.24d576a0e45e6c41ea8b8d0e25921e32.jpg

A Geoptik EQ6 to HEQ5 tripod adaptor from @John in preparation for the arrival of the Rowan AZ100 in the next couple of months.

IMG_20210512_190937.thumb.jpg.76f8822eb13fcec61bc61eb713eaa1f6.jpg

And a haul comprising an Aero ED30mm, Baader Quick Changer and TAL 1.25" diagonal from @F15Rules

IMG_20210512_190957.jpg

• Like 15