Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Nothing more interesting at the moment than a dedicated set of good quality USB cables for the kit; I've had a headache with a job I got called in to "fix" (after being installed by some so called experts), and the culprit was a tuppence-ha'penny USB cable that any sensible person wouldn't charge the phone with, let alone use as a power/serial connector.  Didn't want that risk with the rig when I'm finally let out at night again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dean Hale said:

Arrived yesterday however i was at the Pub after a long absence. ASIAIR dovetail clamp and a power cable. The clamp is well made but i feel a tad overpriced by ZWO. 

cable.png

Snap!..I got the power cable earlier this week...you can't go wrong with Lynx products :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, callisto said:

Snap!..I got the power cable earlier this week...you can't go wrong with Lynx products :thumbsup:

Yes it's really nice product, so nice i'm going to buy another. Didn't think i'd ever type words expressing awe for a cable .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dean Hale said:

Arrived yesterday however i was at the Pub after a long absence. ASIAIR dovetail clamp and a power cable. The clamp is well made but i feel a tad overpriced by ZWO. 

You been at the pub since yesterday???

🤣

• Haha 5

On 01/05/2021 at 14:49, Ags said:

I needed to dive deep into my bits box for some tube rings to create room between the finder EP and the scope EP, but now I think it looks awesome!

Looks great!

How does the mount work out with all the weight on one side? Considering picking this mount up to add to my travel kit, I suspect the payload will be about ~3kg. 

Also, what tripod are you using? I'm also looking for something sturdy but that packs up to about 30-45cm. 

I am not sure yet how well the TS travel mount will cope with the additional load, I'll let you know when I get a chance to use it. Hoping to upgrade to an AZ5 soon though.

The tripod is an Artcise 60C. Very solid and ulta light, being carbon fiber.

14 hours ago, Ags said:

I am not sure yet how well the TS travel mount will cope with the additional load, I'll let you know when I get a chance to use it. Hoping to upgrade to an AZ5 soon though.

The tripod is an Artcise 60C. Very solid and ulta light, being carbon fiber.

Great, thanks! 

On 02/05/2021 at 09:25, Dean Hale said:

cable.png

22 hours ago, callisto said:

21 hours ago, Dean Hale said:

Yes it's really nice product, so nice i'm going to buy another. Didn't think i'd ever type words expressing awe for a cable .

These cables are not exactly cheap but recently I too have bought two of them and they are great.
So nice in the colder months that they are still as flexible as ever and they just ooze quality.

Steve

• Like 1

22 hours ago, badhex said:

How does the mount work out with all the weight on one side?

I am pushing the limits of the TS travel mount/60C tripod with the setup (a wide, one-sided load of 3.5 kgs). Viewing the Double Double last night at 200x, vibrations took 2 seconds to dampen.

The setup is still functional but I am going to try an AZ5 next month. Hopefully the issue is in the travel mount not the tripod.

Edited by Ags
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ags said:

I am pushing the limits of the TS travel mount/60C tripod with the setup (a wide, one-sided load of 3.5 kgs). Viewing the Double Double last night at 200x, vibrations took 2 seconds to dampen.

The setup is still functional but I am going to try an AZ5 next month. Hopefully the issue is in the travel mount not the tripod.

Hi Ags, I have the AZT6 also, but use a 1.4 kg counterweight. I mount a 80mm f7 or a MAK127 successfully with binoviewers & other accessories. It’s a very good travel mount especially when balanced.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ags said:

I am pushing the limits of the TS travel mount/60C tripod with the setup (a wide, one-sided load of 3.5 kgs).

2 hours ago, Sky-searcher said:

I have the AZT6 also, but use a 1.4 kg counterweight

That was actually what I was going to ask - I understood that the mount could be set up with a counterweight for heavier loads. Sounds like it works well @Sky-searcher, what brand/model counterweight are you using? Also what tripod? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, badhex said:

That was actually what I was going to ask - I understood that the mount could be set up with a counterweight for heavier loads. Sounds like it works well @Sky-searcher, what brand/model counterweight are you using? Also what tripod? 

Hi badhex, I had a 20mm bar with 10mm thread, so put a 12mm adapter on. I use a IOptron 1.4kg weight. The tripod is a fotomate vt 2900. All makes for a good lightweight grab & go. Thanks Andy 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dantooine said:

Hello... you are cute 😊 

Lovely eyepiece you have there, the Delos range are probably the best balance between quality, field of view and weight, in the TeleVue stable 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paul mc c said:

Delivered today, nice 4" ed, with nice add ons, lovely machines off axis guider and nice finder, the focuser is a monster, well pleased. 

IMG_20210504_135244.jpg

IMG_20210504_135317.jpg

IMG_20210504_135253.jpg

That’s a beauty 👍

• Like 2