SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

2 minutes ago, goddasgirl2021 said:

cool  👾

this looks  just  like pretty much the same  one like I have on my  telescope 

and  I  have  a 10mm lens and a 20 mm  I am going to start using my telescope sometime soon

and I have  a  Celestron  Binoculars , that I have been viewing the early morning sky too I  looked at Arcturus 

which  is bright orange and sits just to the east where I live ,as I step out on my porch about 4:00 or 4:15 am

I look to the East  so I am also looking at  Ursa Major and  follow Ursa Major up all the way to the end of the  Handel 

and   see Arcturus a  bright orange  star as I was told from a member in this community

I  will  out on my  porch tomorrow morning to look at Arcturus with my bis 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Stardaze said:

Flocking the Bresser? Be interested if you find an improvement m.

You can never have too much flock…. Flock it and flock it some more…..

Peter

• Like 3

On 08/05/2021 at 20:29, rob_r said:

Heard lots of good things about it on these forums. It is a solid piece of kit and feels well made. Just need a clear night now. 

I bought one last week from FLO. It is a good piece of kit and has made star hopping much easier. The only concern is that it seems prone to dropping out of the shoe on my ST120 at the slightest knock (with the screw cranked as tight as I can) - I need to investigate a friction lining or possibly make a locator dimple for the screw in the bracket to secure it.

• Like 2

Flocking a Bresser dob is a bit of a waste of time as it already has a rubberised anti reflection coating on the inside. Flocked mine as I had the flocking and couldn’t see any real difference. 

Now a SW dob that just has a thin and not very black coat of ordinary paint will show a big difference when flocked.

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, chrispj said:

I bought one last week from FLO. It is a good piece of kit and has made star hopping much easier. The only concern is that it seems prone to dropping out of the shoe on my ST120 at the slightest knock (with the screw cranked as tight as I can) - I need to investigate a friction lining or possibly make a locator dimple for the screw in the bracket to secure it.

To be honest, I thought this when I fitted it to my 127 Mak. I have got the finder in tight but given the weight of it I could potentially see it dropping out of the shoe. Seems you have a couple of ideas there to help reduce that chance, I may well do the same.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dean Hale said:

M12 counterweight bar for the AZ-GTI from Aliexpress

Ooh mind sharing a link? I've struggled to fin the right size bar anywhere in Germany

Edited by badhex

I've just had my final delivery of the week so I can reveal I've received 

William Optics zenithstar 73 from FLO - 24hr delivery - Brilliant!

William Optics 50mm Uniguide - again, 24hr delivery from RVO. 

William Optics Flat 73R reducer/flattener from @smr of this parish - nice easy transaction - arrived in perfect condition. 

Now just hoping for some clear nights. This should complement my C8 setup perfectly. 

Graeme

scope1.jpg

scope2.jpg

• Like 18

The purchase having been prompted by comments about it after his recent death, today Michael Collins's "Carrying the Fire" arrived, in 50th anniversary edition form.  I'm very much looking forward to reading it.

James

• Like 3

This ox my weeks worth of deliveries

@CCD Imager @AbsolutelyN thanks both of you 👍🏻

This is my second Focuser Boss in a few weeks. The last one completely bricked itself within 5 minutes of plugging in for the first time and doing a firmware update 👎🏻 A repair was proving not economical, coming in at over £200, so I have a nice paperweight in the house now.

A66E6114-7E6B-42A8-9A2E-93B490B93E3E.jpeg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 7

20 hours ago, jacko61 said:

I've just had my final delivery of the week so I can reveal I've received 

William Optics zenithstar 73 from FLO - 24hr delivery - Brilliant!

William Optics 50mm Uniguide - again, 24hr delivery from RVO. 

William Optics Flat 73R reducer/flattener from @smr of this parish - nice easy transaction - arrived in perfect condition. 

Now just hoping for some clear nights. This should complement my C8 setup perfectly. 

Graeme

scope1.jpg

scope2.jpg

That is a fine bunch of kit you have there! 

Have fun and clear skies!

What is this I wonder?

20210514_152537.thumb.jpg.405f38bcf45d448004c0defd28cd7ecc.jpg

Ah I see it's my new heq5 pro that I have been waiting for 3 and a half months for it to be delivered. Worth the wait I hope.

20210514_155433.thumb.jpg.0fa99ed78dfb7280f8a673bd68a90883.jpg

Well that's certainly bigger than my star adventurer pro!!!  The tripod is the same size as the one in my star adventurer pro. So I now have two tripods the same size.

Edited by Chefgage
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, wouterdhoye said:

Received a few cardboard boxes. One heavier than the other. 

D7E22266-0F1B-460A-952D-079B2F2A8895.thumb.jpeg.6e1920f988a8378ab993a572c87ef171.jpeg

Whats inside I wonder, its all exciting when you see the brown cardboard boxes arriving on the what the postie delivered, some items are starting to dispatch 😁

• Like 2

This arrived care of Ali express after not to long a wait considering. Ordered on 4th May and cheaper, it's solid and well made. This will hopefully help my polar alignment with my az gti mount when the star adventurer wedge and counterweight bar arrives in a few weeks along with my star adventurer 2i 😊

IMG_20210514_163227.jpg

• Like 8

After a 3 month wait, my first ever eq mount arrived today! Expected it to be big, but the size of the tripod took me (and the mrs) a little by suprise! 

Still waiting for the evostar 80ed to put on it, but at least it'll give me time to get my head round this mount!

PXL_20210514_171039870.jpg

PXL_20210514_170914896.jpg

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, Daf1983 said:

After a 3 month wait, my first ever eq mount arrived today! Expected it to be big, but the size of the tripod took me (and the mrs) a little by suprise! 

Still waiting for the evostar 80ed to put on it, but at least it'll give me time to get my head round this mount!

PXL_20210514_171039870.jpg

PXL_20210514_170914896.jpg

Looks like we both had a long wait then :)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chefgage said:

Looks like we both had a long wait then :)

Don't think we're the only ones at the minute. Still waiting for a telescope to put on it unfortunately😭

• Like 1