Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

After a lovely few days away in North Somerset, picked this up on the way home (coincidence we were away and just happened to be a large hunk of metal nearby for £50 that was collection only :D)

PXL_20210507_Pier.jpg.83ace564b4fa942046a85b40f5397192.jpg

Now to figure out an adapter for an EQ6-R mount and then I can break out the pre-mix concrete.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Andy ES said:

Very excited to be embarking on a new facet of this hobby with this new camera, may have a few questions later ! 😁

E7369369-F623-41F4-A74E-4F0B0575F73F.jpeg

Great little camera I have the same one , still playing with it on sharp Cap

• Like 1

The dream machine has arrived! I’m very happy now after a near year of health scares, I’m alright, I had a mri scan to prove it!

so along with my Lunt HW 1.25”…c’mon ye sun!

This now means my Celestron C80 ED R is up for grabs, will place it in the ads tomorrow.

chaz

C619ADDD-A71B-45FB-9F8B-4D225D19EDE8.jpeg

Edited by Chaz2b
  • Like 17

27 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Another arrival today, thanks @FLO... a Lunt 1.25” Herschel Solar Wedge... thought it’s about time I tried some solar viewing 😃

BD65F23E-E5FC-4CE2-B0C2-B433CB6F08B1.jpeg

Nice to see your Astro budgeting is non existent 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Arrived yesterday and in perfect condition, from a fellow SGL member (thank you)... an ES 6.7mm 82 😃

This will sit alongside the ES 4.7, in my grab and go set 👍

7E479708-CD7C-4725-8402-346B5D90B09B.jpeg

A nice little piece. I had one a couple of years ago before I started silly spending. Nice and light too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neil H said:

Great little camera I have the same one , still playing with it on sharp Cap

Yes , did a fair bit of research before splashing out.

Also been practicing on all the different software recommend by SGL members.

Going to be a great learning experience! 😁

• Like 1

I am now the proud owner of an iOptron AZ Pro mount on a 1.75 inch tripod. Thanks Auntie @FLO for superb service again.

Probably won't be able to get a proper go with it due to the free clouds in every box. Had a quick setup and play and it aligned perfectly with the (filtered) Sun. So far so good!

I think me and this beast are going to be friends. No more finderscope yoga, no more frustrating faint fuzzy hunting . Just need to put on some muscle, cos it's quite chunky.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Helical said:

Had a quick setup and play and it aligned perfectly with the (filtered) Sun. So far so good!

I’ve had one of these for a year now and it’s never let me down with alignment... just make sure it’s as level as you can get it and align to one object, then you’re pretty much good to go.

As you observe you can keep updating the alignment using each new object (align to object), but even with just the initial (single) object align it is eerily accurate 👍

It is quite heavy (lighter than the AZ100 though), but it’s got good stability and if you make sure the clutch is nice and tight, keep a counterweight on the other side, it will be effortless to use. You can also change eyepieces easily and it will hold.

For nights when I just want the effortless ease of finding stuff to view (syncs with SkySafari too BTW), it’s fantastic... enjoy 😃

Here’s mine with the Mak150 I had last summer, just prior to switching on for alignment (and yes the scope is upside down with dewshield on top, as I was letting all the hot air escape out for 30mins before use 🤣).

7AD5047A-3A11-4B87-A334-D8D062CBB08D.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 10

Happy birthday to me 🥳. ES 4.7 82 from fellow SGL’er @Size9Hex arrived safe yesterday, thank you Paul. Atlas of the Moon book, looking forward to reading more about my favourite target & a Sega flux planetarium from the wife so I can still stargaze on wet, cloudy & windy days, just like today.

41788306-DD67-4F41-9C2D-6510C2B862BD.jpeg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, SuburbanMak said:

Clamp and manual panning upgrades for an AZGTI mount + a security upgrade for all that glass hanging out the back of my Mak 127. 

Very interested to hear about the manual panning upgrade - is it for AZ axis? Is the intention just to use the mount completely unpowered in this scenario? 

• Like 1