NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

John - 50k not out!

Stu

Many congratulations John, your truly prolific but always worthwhile and measured content is unlikely ever to be matched, let alone beaten!👍

As a pointless exercise for my own amusement, I worked out that, at my average level of posting per year over my 12 years of membership, it would take me 128 years just to get to John's 50k posts milestone..

Perhaps one of Johns' greatest achievements is also his resolute refusal to get drawn into the silly "Handles" debates that erupt on here every so often!!😂

Sincere thanks and congratulations, John - here's to the next 50k!

Dave

Edited by F15Rules
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, John said:

Thanks so much folks - much appreciated as is this forum and all the people behind the scenes who make it happen :icon_salut:

I actually made 50K post in my planetary observing thread last night which, as a visual observer, seemed very fitting. Ganymede and Europa performed their little intimate dance to mark the occasion :smiley:

There is one thing that has contributed more to my enjoyment of astronomy over the past 15 years or so than all my scopes and eyepieces and that is the Stargazers Lounge and lt's membership :icon_biggrin:

I'm very pleased that I found you !!!

Congratulations, that is a truly astronomical number of posts!

I would have to agree that of all the forums I have visited over  the years, SGL is by far the most friendly and helpful I have ever used.

• Thanks 1

Being into the visual side of the hobby, John’s posts are always ones I pay attention too. Thanks for sharing such interesting, motivating, enthusiastic and knowledgable posts. Onwards to 100,000! 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats John. Others may at some time in the future may reach 50000 posts but I can't imagine the content of their posts matching yours. Your willingness to help others is 2nd to none. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations John! Your knowledge of Astronomy is astronomical, I always enjoy reading and learning from your posts. You were instrumental in guiding me to locate M 78 in Orion last year. You are an inspiration to us all! Thanks 👍

• Like 2