Stu

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

If you were a scope you would be a keeper

I'm rather worried I might in contrast be a Seben Big Boss... 😃

Congrats John! You're not a chatbot are you?  🤣

Edited by Ags
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I can only support your comments Stu. John has been a brilliant member giving so much help to both beginners to more experienced observers.

I have had pleasure of meeting John on a few occasions. In fact one of my most enjoyable observing sessions was at a SGL star party where we worked together observing so many DSOs.

So we'll done @Johnon reaching 50000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations John. It’s not just the advice but the enthusiastic and detailed observing reports that have added so much. Much like Stu, I’ve seen countless great targets that would have passed me by otherwise. Many thanks John. Keep up the great work :thumbright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats @John - simply put, you're one of the pillars that makes SGL great!

The impact that guys like yourself (and I'd include you too @Stu) is huge: it goes beyond all the wonderful sharing of vast knowledge and experience - it sets the enthusiastic, helpful, friendly and respectful tone for the whole forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Concur.  I came back to astro after many decades away & so much had changed (& I had forgotten so much!) but the return journey has been so much easier & pleasurable being able to tap into the expertise of @John and all the other folks here at SGL.  The level of knowledge & experience & openness of SGL members is wonderful, & its fair to say that John is one of the exemplars.👏🏾

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations, John, your contribution to the SGL community both as a member and a moderator in the past has been very much appreciated and I for one look forward to reading many more of your informative posts. Well done, mate!

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much folks - much appreciated as is this forum and all the people behind the scenes who make it happen :icon_salut:

I actually made 50K post in my planetary observing thread last night which, as a visual observer, seemed very fitting. Ganymede and Europa performed their little intimate dance to mark the occasion :smiley:

There is one thing that has contributed more to my enjoyment of astronomy over the past 15 years or so than all my scopes and eyepieces and that is the Stargazers Lounge and lt's membership :icon_biggrin:

I'm very pleased that I found you !!!

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations, John ! 50k amazing ! 

I think SGL is also glad that you found them, your knowledge is second to none and you are a patient, helpful person (even when outside lights are left on!)

Hope to see you again at another star party in the near future.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations! As a beginner I have got several good advice from you, and I think we all learn so many things from other posts that you comment on with your experience.

• Like 1