SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

3 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

It did say two weeks knowing the post office that means 14 working days but please let me know if it does not turn up in the next two weeks I will contact them and if lost I will reimburse you the postage, Someone sent me a Tal x2 Barlow that was over a week late he had reimbursed all the money only for it to turn up two days later.

Yeah, there's definitely a chance it will still arrive, especially with how things are at the moment! I just got a little impatient and decided to look into other options. If it does arrive, and it fits, it'll quickly replace the one I cobbled together. But if it doesn't arrive there's no way I'm accepting a reimbursement, it's not your fault it didn't make it through the post! :)

3 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

@Jasonb - I love my 150P.  Such a versatile scope and much underrated IMO.  People seem to overlook it in favour of either the 130 or 200 when in fact I think it is the better choice than either if you could only have one telescope; particularly the f5 version.

I'm really looking forward to trying it out, I think it's a great size and like you say, perfect for a one scope setup. I've been so anxious to try it out that I even had the OTA under my arm looking at Pleiades for a min or two, trying to keep it steady, before I got the tripod sorted! :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, dannybgoode said:

@Jasonb - I love my 150P.  Such a versatile scope and much underrated IMO.  People seem to overlook it in favour of either the 130 or 200 when in fact I think it is the better choice than either if you could only have one telescope; particularly the f5 version.

Very good all rounder and portable   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pixies said:

Second-hand again! Unused. Bargain price of £30. 

Can't believe you keep picking these bargains up, well done! They're supposedly a bit fiddly to fit from what I know

Edited by Stardaze

5 hours ago, Stardaze said:

Can't believe you keep picking these bargains up, well done! They're supposedly a bit fiddly to fit from what I know

They are a bit, but worth it... I find I need to tighten the grub screw that adjusts the 10:1 focus knob itself as occasionally it comes loose and the only the coarse focuser works... easy and quick to fix though 👍 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CedricTheBrave said:

Arrived the other day but not had chance to use it yet!

Its ******* huge!

20210302_162943.jpg

It's a behemoth! what mount will that be going on? let us know how the weather looks on Zeta Reticuli when you get it working!.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Postie has been busy. That's a cover for my new tablet by the way, with the book to get it free postage! As recommended by Scousespacecadet to fit in the pocket - crumbs he must have small pockets - it fits easily in a shirt pocket!

It will be interesting to try the ES against the Starguider I got recently - if we ever get clear skies. (OK I know it was clear last Thursday, but I was so tired from work I fell asleep on the sofa after dinner)

David

16158812669591611900267.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, MrFreeze said:

Postie has been busy. That's a cover for my new tablet by the way, with the book to get it free postage! As recommended by Scousespacecadet to fit in the pocket - crumbs he must have small pockets - it fits easily in a shirt pocket!

It will be interesting to try the ES against the Starguider I got recently - if we ever get clear skies. (OK I know it was clear last Thursday, but I was so tired from work I fell asleep on the sofa after dinner)

David

16158812669591611900267.jpg

Great eyepiece, I regret selling mine :(

• Like 1