Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

14 hours ago, F15Rules said:

This brand new copy arrived today direct from Sky & Telescope,  as UK used copy stockists want silly prices.

I was amazed that it came this quickly as I only ordered it last Friday (12th March !)

I stupidly sold my first copy about 18 months ago, before I'd properly got into it..that is so not going to happen again!☺️

Dave

IMG_20210317_181639443.jpg

Actually it was only a year ago Dave.

Did Sky & Telescope charge for handling? 🤣

• Haha 1

Just arrived (very quickly thank you) from @mikeDnight and in superb condition 😃

A Masuyama 16mm 85 degree... this is specifically for the StellaLyra 6” f/12 CC and possibly the StellaMira 80mm f/10, as it’s not purported to work too well at lower f ratios. However, it is super small and light for what it should provide and “may” replace the Panoptic 15mm in the “small” set🤔

BCFA5E34-4A96-4BC2-AE35-A3FF7F67D06D.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Pixies said:

ready for the summer 

image.png.3581fd521bef7f4ade72604953764865.png

best filters on the market. got the h beta as well but cant have until my b day.

wait until you see the veil with that. hold your jaw though 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Finally got my dew controller today from FLO.

I’ve been helping to keep FLO afloat this year to such an extent that when the postman comes my Mrs says 

“It’s clouding over again” or “I think some more clouds are being delivered”  without seeing what’s come 😂

25EEABC6-5D9B-42D6-B437-E8BF0E233690.jpeg

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Andy ES said:

I’ve been helping to keep FLO afloat this year to such an extent that when the postman comes my Mrs says 

“It’s clouding over again” or “I think some more clouds are being delivered”  without seeing what’s come 😂

I’ve been getting the same, my postman always has a witty remark when an @FLOpackage arrives 🤣

• Haha 2

Cloud attracting box arrived from FLO today with WO EQ wedge for my recent AZGTi acquisition - did not realise how small the weights bar was in real life (around 4 1/2" or 120mm in new money). Aslo the bottom part that stops weights sliding off is not a screw, I was hoping that would fit the existing bar/weights I have that uses a screw. Must rummage through the garage for a knurled edge screw gizmo  that fits.

wo_side1.thumb.JPG.8fcb856305844349b49c7d19664533b2.JPGwo_top.thumb.JPG.f5591941ef58911e9a1f0cebb2608a12.JPG

It's so cute that it sort of begs for some nice stainless steel weights - but needs a reducer to fit the AZGTi and possibly an extension!

Hopefully the small clouds that this purchase may invoke will dissapte quickly.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

Cloud attracting box arrived from FLO today with WO EQ wedge for my recent AZGTi acquisition - did not realise how small the weights bar was in real life (around 4 1/2" or 120mm in new money). Aslo the bottom part that stops weights sliding off is not a screw, I was hoping that would fit the existing bar/weights I have that uses a screw. Must rummage through the garage for a knurled edge screw gizmo  that fits.

wo_side1.thumb.JPG.8fcb856305844349b49c7d19664533b2.JPGwo_top.thumb.JPG.f5591941ef58911e9a1f0cebb2608a12.JPG

It's so cute that it sort of begs for some nice stainless steel weights - but needs a reducer to fit the AZGTi and possibly an extension!

Hopefully the small clouds that this purchase may invoke will dissapte quickly.

I got one for my Skyguider Pro...nice and solid piece of kit isn't it :thumbsup:

• Like 2

The postman brought me this rather tasty 102mm f7 ED Refractor. Hot off  the SGL classifieds.

First light will have to wait until FLO ship my rowan bearing removal tool so I can get my EQ6 ready for action... and a cloud free night of course.

20210318_203246.jpg

• Like 5

On 19/02/2021 at 15:34, johninderby said:

Try meesing about in the world of 1:6 scale tanks sometime. Would have saved a bit buying a Takahashi TOA-130NFB instead of this Tiger build.. 🙀🙀🙀

AEB0CFC9-871D-4EEF-900A-4E66DC0C7BAC.png

Where does the camera and optics go?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Actually it was only a year ago Dave.

Did Sky & Telescope charge for handling? 🤣

Well, yes they did, as I had some kind of import tax of £3.49 or something added to the shipped cost..but still much cheaper than buying used over here.

Only a year ago, eh? I must say you do seem to have a detailed handle on my SGL transactions..🤫:glasses12:😂

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fifeskies said:

Thanks to Andy for my new treasure.

William Optics GT81 Mk4 with 0.8 matched reducer.

Need that sky to clear now.

20210319_111840_1000.jpg

Very nice. I’m longing for an 80ED but I’ll have to sit on it for a while.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

You have a strange polar alignment routine then it seems.🤣

And I've been thinking that it's the cold that's been making my eyes water 😂

Edited by Stardaze
  • Haha 1