Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

I wasn't sure about the eyepiece - I have seen conflicting opinions about it.  Some recon that stray light control is very poor, but supposedly it has the greatest  FOV available in a 1.25" eyepiece. I was made an offer I couldn't refuse by a Chinese distributor, so went for it.

David

20 hours ago, CedricTheBrave said:

comparison to my 200PDS

20210315_222446.jpg

It’s got it’s very own wardrobe 🤣

My ‘little’ 10” is a bit in the way now that we’ve had some building works done. I haven’t really found a permanent home for it since. SWMBO isn’t too impressed with it as an ornament. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine said:

It's a behemoth! what mount will that be going on? let us know how the weather looks on Zeta Reticuli when you get it working!.

so, is that the "finder scope" next to the beast now ? 😆😆

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mr Thingy said:

New set of RGB + L3 filters, to replace my existing ZWO set. Hoping this will tame the bloaty stars I get when shooting blue / Luminance 🤞

IMG_20210316_112456913.jpg

What scope will it be used with? 

15 hours ago, MrFreeze said:

Postie has been busy. That's a cover for my new tablet by the way, with the book to get it free postage! As recommended by Scousespacecadet to fit in the pocket - crumbs he must have small pockets - it fits easily in a shirt pocket!

It will be interesting to try the ES against the Starguider I got recently - if we ever get clear skies. (OK I know it was clear last Thursday, but I was so tired from work I fell asleep on the sofa after dinner)

David

16158812669591611900267.jpg

Fantasy eyepieces

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrFreeze said:

I wasn't sure about the eyepiece - I have seen conflicting opinions about it.  Some recon that stray light control is very poor, but supposedly it has the greatest  FOV available in a 1.25" eyepiece. I was made an offer I couldn't refuse by a Chinese distributor, so went for it.

David

Aliexpress? I was so tempted by the ES 24mm 68° prices on there, but played safe going for the Altair UFF... 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Aliexpress? I was so tempted by the ES 24mm 68° prices on there, but played safe going for the Altair UFF... 

Yes indeed - Aliexpress (The Outdoor Movement Store to be precise) They've sold out of most of their ES eyepieces at the moment unfortunately. It is my largest eyepiece by quite some margin, and I'm not sure about rubber eyecups - I prefer a solid one you can rest your face against.

Was stupidly thinking I could get to try it out last night as it was clear when I got home from work - no chance. Could only see about 3 stars by 9:30 !

David

• Thanks 1

Some prints! 😊 I'm proud of all of my images because of the huge effort to get to where I am but it's taken until going into my 3rd year of astrophotography to finally like one of my images enough to put it in a frame! You can really see either how good or bad your processing is with prints as well! 😁

IMG_20210317_153904.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 14

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Those are both stunning and inspiring! look at the contrast in those prints! simply breathtaking.

Thanks you, really appreciate that, it's been a long old journey but exciting times ahead. 

• Like 1

Arrived today from FLO adaptor for my NEQ6 tripod that has never been used. Ready for my Skywatcher Star adventurer mount when it arrives  (soon I hope.)

A bit over kill but as I already had the tripod shame not to make use of it.

Adap.jpg

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Some prints! 😊 I'm proud of all of my images because of the huge effort to get to where I am but it's taken until going into my 3rd year of astrophotography to finally like one of my images enough to put it in a frame! You can really see either how good or bad you processing is with prints as well! 😁

IMG_20210317_153904.jpg

Great shots! Where did you get the prints done?! Always on the lookout for decent printing places 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Great shots! Where did you get the prints done?! Always on the lookout for decent printing places 

Thank you, I use Sim Imaging, I've been using them for about 3 years for all my wedding photography stuff. These are the standard Lustre prints, pretty cheap then about £5 postage, depending of when you place the order you will get them next day normally. Its through their Sim Lab website! 

Edited by Rustang
  • Thanks 1

On 16/03/2021 at 15:32, MrFreeze said:

David

If it's a genuine spec ES24mm 68degree unit it will be great..I only let mine go a few years ago as I fell in love with the Vixen LVW22mm, which is better, and too near to the ES focal length to justify keeping both - but the ES24mm is a fine, well built eyepiece that delivers great views👍

Dave

• Like 1

This brand new copy arrived today direct from Sky & Telescope,  as UK used copy stockists want silly prices.

I was amazed that it came this quickly as I only ordered it last Friday (12th March !)

I stupidly sold my first copy about 18 months ago, before I'd properly got into it..that is so not going to happen again!☺️

Dave

IMG_20210317_181639443.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

This brand new copy arrived today direct from Sky & Telescope,  as UK used copy stockists want silly prices.

I was amazed that it came this quickly as I only ordered it last Friday (12th March !)

I stupidly sold my first copy about 18 months ago, before I'd properly got into it..that is so not going to happen again!☺️

Dave

IMG_20210317_181639443.jpg

Never thought of ordering direct. 🙄

New copy now ordered at about a third of the price of a UK used copy. 👍🏻

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2