Jump to content

stargazine_ep46_banner.thumb.jpg.34e6cdd5a0856b006a0b47c6373eb9b1.jpg

What did the postman bring?


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Captain Magenta said:

Your Wife's 60th in just less than a month? OMG. You are at a critical juncture. You must think and act NOW. Your rising sense of panic between now and then will mean that the amount you'll have to spend will double for every halving of the time left. ;)

Good Luck, Magnus

I have already got 3 presents sorted I wanted to buy her a ring but she does not want any Jewellery so I have to think outside the box. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My very first refractor, the new WO FLT 91, this is going to be my imaging telescope when I can get my hands on a Skywatcher mount.  

Thank you FLO, I love it Mr Bresser Messier was just delivered now.    

Just arrived and amazingly well packed... triple boxed, with spacers 😮 Nestled inside was a gorgeous Takahashi FC76-DCU 😃 I can’t believe how light it is compared to the StellaMira 80mm, and

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, johninderby said:

The local DHL depot isn’t exactly the most organised.  Mucking up deliveries is their speciality. 😁

Oh well suppose it may arrive tomorrow, probably, maybe, hopefully. 🤞🏻 

image.thumb.jpg.04166ff713496aefdc1cc4cea645bfc0.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to the recent arrival of a little one I’ve been holding off from the Astro bits, but this arrived just now. Supremely well packaged by @HollyHound who was a Delite to purchase from.

Weather forecast for the next few days is blustery gales and rain, of course it is!

A6D46D9A-AF6E-4956-BF1A-A10BE7378036.jpeg

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'm entering into the 21st century at last. A Pegasus Astro FocusCube v2. I did get the hand controller for it as well. Looks a really nicely made thing and was a 10 second job to get it talking to EKOS so all good. Verified it works insomuch as the focuser is controlled by EKOS. Of course need these pesky clouds to clear before I can test it in anger. 

The hand controller is a nice enough thing. Perhaps a bit overpriced in pure terms for what it is but works well so it is what it is.

Oh, I got a dew band for my SCT as well to see if I can get some use out of it and learn to love it...

20210309_200609.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, johninderby said:

Well a second delivery from DHL today. This time with the rest of the shipment. 👍🏻

1F5CF942-CEDF-44CB-98CA-6E7D088BE14F.jpeg

D824C621-D565-4693-BFF6-B587912B1E76.jpeg

Oh my, this is a beautiful tripod, a work of art.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/03/2021 at 15:59, F15Rules said:

Shown next to my pocket Sky Atlas and Cambridge Double Star Atlas for scale. The new book is quite chunky as it contains 470 pages

I have the same three books, bought early last year and they’ve been a wonderful reference 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

 I'm entering into the 21st century at last. A Pegasus Astro FocusCube v2. I did get the hand controller for it as well. Looks a really nicely made thing and was a 10 second job to get it talking to EKOS so all good. Verified it works insomuch as the focuser is controlled by EKOS. Of course need these pesky clouds to clear before I can test it in anger. 

The hand controller is a nice enough thing. Perhaps a bit overpriced in pure terms for what it is but works well so it is what it is.

Oh, I got a dew band for my SCT as well to see if I can get some use out of it and learn to love it...

20210309_200609.jpg

Have one of these on my 8” SCT, works very well once setup; which is straight forward.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/02/2021 at 17:05, Oldfort said:

John, mine has the add on for an M10 thread, and an EQ5 type post.

Little something for the Ethos 8... TV 2” barrel extender.

4451626D-5685-4D1A-8411-82E2E9174CB0.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

I have already got 3 presents sorted I wanted to buy her a ring but she does not want any Jewellery so I have to think outside the box. 

My wife was born in Seville, so, for her 60th I arranged for our daughters to organise a trip there for a week - with some special friends. 

That way I knew no details so, could not accidentally drop clues.

Howver in my case, jewellery is compulsory for any life event 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iapa said:

Have one of these on my 8” SCT, works very well once setup; which is straight forward.

So far so good. Attaching it to my Moonlite focuser was straightforward however the L bracket is a fraction wide and so I've had to insert some washers behind one side of the box so it lines up straight. 

I'll take a grinder to the bracket now I know it's working to get it to fit a little better :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iapa said:

My wife was born in Seville, so, for her 60th I arranged for our daughters to organise a trip there for a week - with some special friends. 

That way I knew no details so, could not accidentally drop clues.

Howver in my case, jewellery is compulsory for any life event 

I had planned to take her away  but it was cancelled as per the covid lockdown. We have never left these shores I was going to take her to the Isle of man where I had my first holiday but that was crushed, I'm not looking at booking in October in a cabin with a hot tub. 

We have been married for 34 years this year so any jewellery she wanted she has she has jewellery that she does not even wear. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Arrived yesterday, but delivered to work & I’m presently working from home. Managed to keep my excitement on hold till I picked it up this morning. Unpacked this thing of beauty & craftsmanship! Berlebach uni 28 heq5. 😃

7DA0818F-35C5-4C93-9E11-6D68D6B956A7.jpeg

7F62654D-463B-4133-955E-53242DBA8C0D.jpeg

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sky-searcher said:

Arrived yesterday, but delivered to work & I’m presently working from home. Managed to keep my excitement on hold till I picked it up this morning. Unpacked this thing of beauty & craftsmanship! Berlebach uni 28 heq5. 😃

7DA0818F-35C5-4C93-9E11-6D68D6B956A7.jpeg

7F62654D-463B-4133-955E-53242DBA8C0D.jpeg

It is a beautiful tripod, now i really want one after seeing the great images of these tripods on this thread, which really show the detail in the wood and craftsmanship.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have decided to move my QHY8 back to the prime focus of my C8.  When used with the Hyperstar the QHY8 significantly under samples at 3.79”/pixel (compared to a slight over sampling of 0.79”/pixel at prime focus).  Coupled with the very uneven field illumination given by the Hyperstar, this makes the output difficult to process and the width of the field no longer makes up, at least to my eye, for the lack of resolution.

As a result I ordered some items from Astroshop.eu as they had them in stock. I thought they might get stuck at the border or be subject to extra tax and fees but nothing of the sort transpired.  They arrived in four days.  And they came with a small bag of Haribo Gummy Bears😁

2E40BA3E-35BD-4F70-8A4B-CA466DA15696.thumb.jpeg.a2e94945eb2067c34a55599db237f0d1.jpeg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

My Bino Bandit arrived today. Feels very comfortable around the eyes. Lorna broke down in hysterics when I showed her it on. Said I look like Zorro.

20210310_170442.jpg

20210310_170410.jpg

20210310_170309.jpg

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Two items I have been waiting for from Tak America and local scope shop just arrived, yay, I love getting treats from the postman!. One is the smallest bottle of paint ever,  Tak white to touch up tiny paint chip on TSA102 dew shield and, a baader click lock 2"-1.25" reducer.

Shipping and currency conversion included, I think the paint cost me more than gold per weight. 

Scratch the thought of painting my car in Tak white 🤣🤣 

 

131BE44D-79FE-4307-800F-5933F77D5DFE.jpeg
 

So small it deserves  the word “cute”

 

0ED9F5F2-04AE-4772-AA2B-AE679F2CFFD7.jpeg

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

One is the smallest bottle of paint ever,  Tak white to touch up tiny paint chip on TSA102 dew shield

Nah - that's a big bottle. I've got much smaller pots of paint than that - stupidly expensive as well !

David

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Two items I have been waiting for from Tak America and local scope shop just arrived, yay, I love getting treats from the postman!. One is the smallest bottle of paint ever,  Tak white to touch up tiny paint chip on TSA102 dew shield and, a baader click lock 2"-1.25" reducer.

Shipping and currency conversion included, I think the paint cost me more than gold per weight. 

Scratch the thought of painting my car in Tak white 🤣🤣 

 

131BE44D-79FE-4307-800F-5933F77D5DFE.jpeg
 

So small it deserves  the word “cute”

 

0ED9F5F2-04AE-4772-AA2B-AE679F2CFFD7.jpeg

$17.00 for a bottle of paint that contains about 20ml of actual paint.

Yikes!!!.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

$17.00 for a bottle of paint contains about 20ml of actual paint.

Yikes!!!.

Don't forget the $20 shipping then convert to Canadian which for me is $47, though i do understand that touch up paint of any kind is pricey but by comparison, a gallon of good paint runs about $50 here.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.