Narrowband

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

15 hours ago, Captain Magenta said:

Your Wife's 60th in just less than a month? OMG. You are at a critical juncture. You must think and act NOW. Your rising sense of panic between now and then will mean that the amount you'll have to spend will double for every halving of the time left. ;)

Good Luck, Magnus

I have already got 3 presents sorted I wanted to buy her a ring but she does not want any Jewellery so I have to think outside the box. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, johninderby said:

The local DHL depot isn’t exactly the most organised.  Mucking up deliveries is their speciality. 😁

Oh well suppose it may arrive tomorrow, probably, maybe, hopefully. 🤞🏻 

image.thumb.jpg.04166ff713496aefdc1cc4cea645bfc0.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Due to the recent arrival of a little one I’ve been holding off from the Astro bits, but this arrived just now. Supremely well packaged by @HollyHound who was a Delite to purchase from.

Weather forecast for the next few days is blustery gales and rain, of course it is!

A6D46D9A-AF6E-4956-BF1A-A10BE7378036.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I'm entering into the 21st century at last. A Pegasus Astro FocusCube v2. I did get the hand controller for it as well. Looks a really nicely made thing and was a 10 second job to get it talking to EKOS so all good. Verified it works insomuch as the focuser is controlled by EKOS. Of course need these pesky clouds to clear before I can test it in anger. 

The hand controller is a nice enough thing. Perhaps a bit overpriced in pure terms for what it is but works well so it is what it is.

Oh, I got a dew band for my SCT as well to see if I can get some use out of it and learn to love it...

20210309_200609.jpg

• Like 6

On 06/03/2021 at 15:59, F15Rules said:

Shown next to my pocket Sky Atlas and Cambridge Double Star Atlas for scale. The new book is quite chunky as it contains 470 pages

I have the same three books, bought early last year and they’ve been a wonderful reference 👍

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

I'm entering into the 21st century at last. A Pegasus Astro FocusCube v2. I did get the hand controller for it as well. Looks a really nicely made thing and was a 10 second job to get it talking to EKOS so all good. Verified it works insomuch as the focuser is controlled by EKOS. Of course need these pesky clouds to clear before I can test it in anger. 

The hand controller is a nice enough thing. Perhaps a bit overpriced in pure terms for what it is but works well so it is what it is.

Oh, I got a dew band for my SCT as well to see if I can get some use out of it and learn to love it...

20210309_200609.jpg

Have one of these on my 8” SCT, works very well once setup; which is straight forward.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

I have already got 3 presents sorted I wanted to buy her a ring but she does not want any Jewellery so I have to think outside the box. 

My wife was born in Seville, so, for her 60th I arranged for our daughters to organise a trip there for a week - with some special friends. 

That way I knew no details so, could not accidentally drop clues.

Howver in my case, jewellery is compulsory for any life event 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, iapa said:

Have one of these on my 8” SCT, works very well once setup; which is straight forward.

So far so good. Attaching it to my Moonlite focuser was straightforward however the L bracket is a fraction wide and so I've had to insert some washers behind one side of the box so it lines up straight. 

I'll take a grinder to the bracket now I know it's working to get it to fit a little better :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iapa said:

My wife was born in Seville, so, for her 60th I arranged for our daughters to organise a trip there for a week - with some special friends. 

That way I knew no details so, could not accidentally drop clues.

Howver in my case, jewellery is compulsory for any life event 

I had planned to take her away  but it was cancelled as per the covid lockdown. We have never left these shores I was going to take her to the Isle of man where I had my first holiday but that was crushed, I'm not looking at booking in October in a cabin with a hot tub. 

We have been married for 34 years this year so any jewellery she wanted she has she has jewellery that she does not even wear. 

2 hours ago, Sky-searcher said:

Arrived yesterday, but delivered to work & I’m presently working from home. Managed to keep my excitement on hold till I picked it up this morning. Unpacked this thing of beauty & craftsmanship! Berlebach uni 28 heq5. 😃

7DA0818F-35C5-4C93-9E11-6D68D6B956A7.jpeg

7F62654D-463B-4133-955E-53242DBA8C0D.jpeg

It is a beautiful tripod, now i really want one after seeing the great images of these tripods on this thread, which really show the detail in the wood and craftsmanship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have decided to move my QHY8 back to the prime focus of my C8.  When used with the Hyperstar the QHY8 significantly under samples at 3.79”/pixel (compared to a slight over sampling of 0.79”/pixel at prime focus).  Coupled with the very uneven field illumination given by the Hyperstar, this makes the output difficult to process and the width of the field no longer makes up, at least to my eye, for the lack of resolution.

As a result I ordered some items from Astroshop.eu as they had them in stock. I thought they might get stuck at the border or be subject to extra tax and fees but nothing of the sort transpired.  They arrived in four days.  And they came with a small bag of Haribo Gummy Bears😁

2E40BA3E-35BD-4F70-8A4B-CA466DA15696.thumb.jpeg.a2e94945eb2067c34a55599db237f0d1.jpeg

• Like 9

Two items I have been waiting for from Tak America and local scope shop just arrived, yay, I love getting treats from the postman!. One is the smallest bottle of paint ever,  Tak white to touch up tiny paint chip on TSA102 dew shield and, a baader click lock 2"-1.25" reducer.

Shipping and currency conversion included, I think the paint cost me more than gold per weight. 

Scratch the thought of painting my car in Tak white 🤣🤣 

131BE44D-79FE-4307-800F-5933F77D5DFE.jpeg

So small it deserves  the word “cute”

0ED9F5F2-04AE-4772-AA2B-AE679F2CFFD7.jpeg

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

One is the smallest bottle of paint ever,  Tak white to touch up tiny paint chip on TSA102 dew shield

Nah - that's a big bottle. I've got much smaller pots of paint than that - stupidly expensive as well !

David

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Two items I have been waiting for from Tak America and local scope shop just arrived, yay, I love getting treats from the postman!. One is the smallest bottle of paint ever,  Tak white to touch up tiny paint chip on TSA102 dew shield and, a baader click lock 2"-1.25" reducer.

Shipping and currency conversion included, I think the paint cost me more than gold per weight. 

Scratch the thought of painting my car in Tak white 🤣🤣 

131BE44D-79FE-4307-800F-5933F77D5DFE.jpeg

So small it deserves  the word “cute”

0ED9F5F2-04AE-4772-AA2B-AE679F2CFFD7.jpeg

$17.00 for a bottle of paint that contains about 20ml of actual paint.

Yikes!!!.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

1 minute ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

$17.00 for a bottle of paint contains about 20ml of actual paint.

Yikes!!!.

Don't forget the $20 shipping then convert to Canadian which for me is $47, though i do understand that touch up paint of any kind is pricey but by comparison, a gallon of good paint runs about $50 here.

• Sad 1