Narrowband

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

16 minutes ago, johninderby said:

I’ve just about forgotten what sunshine looks like. 😢

I think it might be that grey stuff you can see in the sky when it isn't tipping down.

James

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Miguel1983 said:

Looking forward to your findings, i have the STC Duo witch is awesome, so i'm intrigued 😊

I'm excited to try it out for sure! Brilliant price too 😄 I think it'll compliment my l-pro max filter very well!! 😄

IMG_20190614_191828.jpg

26 minutes ago, laudropb said:

The ep collection just keeps growing even though after each purchase I promise myself it’s the last.

089E7485-10B8-4095-9304-7938C0ED298C.jpeg

It may be you're a terminal case I'm afraid. It should be an absolutely terrific DSO eyepiece though,  which might ease your suffering! :happy11:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, laudropb said:

The ep collection just keeps growing even though after each purchase I promise myself it’s the last.

Nice acquisition, John!  I also feel my collection is now complete with the recent 20mm 100 deg Myriad - total now is 20 EPs (3 to 42mm; 50 to 100deg AFOV) - PLUS an 8-24mm zoom and a x2 ED Barlow.  All 2" or with an adaptor, and the adaptors are all protected by the bottoms of Aldi Luxury Desserts pots!

Doug.

TelescopeGearW.JPG

Edited by cloudsweeper
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

Nice acquisition, John!  I also feel my collection is now complete with the recent 20mm 100 deg Myriad - total now is 20 EPs (3 to 42mm; 50 to 100deg AFOV) - PLUS an 8-24mm zoom and a x2 ED Barlow.  All 2" or with an adaptor, and the adaptors are all protected by the bottoms of Aldi Luxury Desserts pots!

Doug.

That's an impressive looking eyepiece Doug, a bit cruel to use it on the end of my SW 72ED  😃

On 25/05/2019 at 05:10, Sunshine said:

I would like to know a bit about what these mounts are like to use if i may trouble you, are they strictly push only or, can they be locked then slow motion controlled? 

Can one adjust the friction? either move with slightest force or, tighten for heavier scopes? i have never used one, but they would be great for road trips where i bring my Mak, letting me leave the heavy GP mount at home.

Hi Sunshine, used the mount for the 1st time last night. Got to say I would fully recommend it. If a az-alt mount without slow-mo controls is what your looking for with tee mount then it’s great for the price. Really smooth. Had no problem making fine adjustments when looking at Saturn & Jupiter last night manually. Well made also. Happy with my purchase! 

BBE16CF2-319A-4E43-AF77-EC5FC3BDE255.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

Doug.

TelescopeGearW.JPG

Very nice Doug. I guess that is similar to the APM version I have, it performs very well indeed! Not far from a 21 Ethos at a fraction of the price. 👍👍

On 15/06/2019 at 19:23, cloudsweeper said:

Doug.

TelescopeGearW.JPG

As used by grey aIiens...

image.png.dbe7419efed077120fc7d1d846ee1750.png

I have just received this. My scopes and everything in the optical train of each of them is certainly up to the task, so I hope that my ageing eye balls will allow this fine eyepiece to shine...:smiley:

IMG_1057.JPG

Edited by Saganite
used the American spelling of aging, now corrected
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Saganite said:

I have just received this. My scopes and everything in the optical train of each of them is certainly up to the task, so I hope that my aging eye balls will allow this fine eyepiece to shine...:smiley:

IMG_1057.JPG

Lovely eyepiece! I have one too, and the 2.4mm, anything else is just too much for my eyes! Mainly used for tight doubles so far, and some lunar landings ;). Look forward to hearing how you get on with it.

• Like 2

Whilst we’re on eyepieces I received this new to me Pentax xw10 (thanks Mark). This has been a grail eyepiece for me for a while now and I’m so pleased to have it in the collection. My top end eyepieces now are Baader Morpheus 17.5, ES 82 24mm, Pentax XW10, Vixen SLV 6mm. Others in the collection include 20mm Meade Plössl, 15mm Starguider, 40mm and 32mm Meade 4000 Plössl and 20mm williams Optics pair for the binoviewer. Dare I say, I think my collections complete (for now anyway 🤣).

if anyone has any ideas about what else I need, suggestions are most welcome. No green and Black suggestions though as I’d never get the wife and kids to miss the family holiday for a couple of years to fund it 🤨.

Steve 

image.jpg

• Like 9

Been wanting mini eq for solar, night & travel for awhile.  Came with little bat powered ra clock drive.  Much beefier than EQ1 like night and day.  Falls between EQ1 and CG4.  Tested 102mm frac, no issue but mostly for pst/ed80.  

IMG_6636 - Copy.jpg

IMG_6639 - Copy.jpg

IMG_6642 - Copy.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MilwaukeeLion said:

Been wanting mini eq for solar, night & travel for awhile.  Came with little bat powered ra clock drive.  Much beefier than EQ1 like night and day.  Falls between EQ1 and CG4.  Tested 102mm frac, no issue but mostly for pst/ed80.  

IMG_6636 - Copy.jpg

IMG_6639 - Copy.jpg

IMG_6642 - Copy.jpg

Your Dog seems impressed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/06/2019 at 21:00, Ags said:

That eyepiece is WAY too big for me. How much does it weigh?

Ags - I have set myself an EP weight limit of 1 kg, and was pleased to find that the 20mm Myriad is a mere 848g!  My ES 30/82 is the heaviest I have, at 992g - shorter and wider than the Myriad.  You soon get used to these big EPs, although they put some load on smaller 'scopes!

Doug.

• Like 1