Narrowband

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Ade, I probably find it much easier to balance than you do because  both of the above scopes come with rings.  Both scopes dovetails have suitable holes that you can fasten to the 393's dovetail with the supplied bolts than come with the mount - all very compatable.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chaz2b said:

Ahh...do you mean can you adjust it in the dovetail bracket? Or the hole alignment?

chaz

Chaz, the 393 dovetail attached  to the dovetail with the rings on the scope as mentioned in my last post, just slides along the mount and locks into place with the lever on the mount.  In effect the two dovetails bolted together act as a single dovetail with the scope and rings on top.  Of course, by sliding the scope through the rings you get even more adjustment options.

I hope all this makes some sense !?

Edited by paulastro

Guest chaz2b
12 hours ago, paulastro said:

Chaz, the 393 dovetail attached  to the dovetail with the rings on the scope as mentioned in my last post, just slides along the mount and locks into place with the lever on the mount.  In effect the two dovetails bolted together act as a single dovetail with the scope and rings on top.  Of course, by sliding the scope through the rings you get even more adjustment options.

I hope all this makes some sense !?

Thank you Paul, with it now.👍

chaz

Guest chaz2b

Bino Bandits arrived,excellent bit of kit, fitted to my Orion Scenix, makes a huge difference, a much better viewing pleasure.

chaz

EA452BA5-93E4-4AC0-9313-7B9A05BBB9C6.jpeg

Received my Ioptron AZ PRO mount, tripod and extension tube today. Have to wait a month to open it though 🙈 it’s for my birthday. Can I wait that long 🤔. Will post pics of the set up when it’s got the scope on. 

Steve 

image.jpg

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, Trikeflyer said:

Have to wait a month to open it though 🙈 it’s for my birthday. Can I wait that long 🤔.

Don't wait that long - you should check to see that everything works. Or at least that's the excuse.... 🙂

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Trikeflyer said:

Received my Ioptron AZ PRO mount, tripod and extension tube today. Have to wait a month to open it though 🙈 it’s for my birthday. Can I wait that long 🤔. Will post pics of the set up when it’s got the scope on. 

Steve 

To avoid possible birthday disappointment you NEED to properly test it out before hand. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, chaz2b said:

Bino Bandits arrived,excellent bit of kit, fitted to my Orion Scenix, makes a huge difference, a much better viewing pleasure.

chaz

EA452BA5-93E4-4AC0-9313-7B9A05BBB9C6.jpeg

Hello Chaz.  Can you swop these easily between binoculars ?? 

Thx. John 

Guest chaz2b
2 hours ago, Telescope40 said:

Thx. John 

I would imagine so, as they are quite stretchy, they fitted easily within seconds!and certainly worth having.

I do have quite a few binos so will try them out on a bigger pair and let you know.

chaz

Edited by chaz2b

Super pumped about my new (used) piece of glass, immaculately cared for by original owner, now i have adopted it, it will complement my Starmaster nicely.

Enormous piece of glass on these i noticed, i was surprised by the size of the eye lens, larger than my first scope lol, i have read much about the Morpheus line, i hear they're 

great, if only the skies would clear up.

IMG_6707.JPG

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 5

Bits & pieces.

Baader T2 prism body (I allready had the nosepiece and focusing eyepiece holder)

USB cable amd cigarette plug USB adapter to power the Quark.

Bolts for the Skymax 180 rings and dovetail so that everything now fits properly

57053227-D8A2-4CDE-A5FD-E072AA191F60.jpeg

0B099ED4-BBDB-4A98-97F8-58EBB89636F8.jpeg

2CBDED63-3BC9-413F-8021-882079F7FAC4.jpeg

927EC568-FD49-4399-B571-3928546016C9.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 8

A small slice of the L-chondrite meteorite Aba Panu that fell in Nigeria on April 19th 2018. Collected within days of the fall so not subjected to 100s or 1000s of years of the Earth's weather. Fresh from the birth of the solar system and newly arrived on this planet !. The link below is to the Meteoritical Bulletin entry for this meteorite:

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=67799

abapanu.thumb.jpg.9260f338a52aa6e7f5c67dc6c8419e4d.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sky-searcher said:

Postman delivered my Giant alt-az mount today. Thanks Zoltan! 1st inspection looks good!

Excellent! I look forward to hear how you get on with it. Looks very nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am also Interested in buying one of the exact mounts.

They are very well priced on zoltans  site.

I'd be happy if you were to give me your  first impressions of it.

And what scopes you intend using side by side with it.

Paul

• Like 1

6 hours ago, djpaul said:

I am also Interested in buying one of the exact mounts.

They are very well priced on zoltans  site.

I'd be happy if you were to give me your  first impressions of it.

And what scopes you intend using side by side with it.

Paul

Hi Paul, after a lot of searching for a mount, the Giaz was the one that most interested me. Not a lot of reviews on the internet, but decided to take the plunge & get it from Zoltan, who I have got to say was great. 1st impressions are good. Sturdy tripod & mount seams to be really fluid. I have a heritage 130p & recently purchased a Mak127, as new to the hobby at the start of the year. I have ordered tube rings from Orion in US as I want to mount the Mak on the righthand side & want to eventually purchase a 150pds to mount on left side. I am also having a counter weight made so I can use a single OTA on the mount. I will post some pics & impressions of the mount as all comes together. Thanks Andy.

• Thanks 1

On 22/05/2019 at 20:03, Telescope40 said:

Yes I have three that I currently swap amongst seven binoculars. But I'm going to get 4 more as funds permit.

• Like 1

While waiting for a certain other order to arrive this sun shade for my tablet arrived. Not perfect but at least can see the screen in full sunlight. Waiting for a matte anti glare screen protector to arrive which should help a bit more.

4F6E9645-8547-423C-A9A0-BF0FD32FE9A9.jpeg

C2C2594F-25EB-4D8C-957E-D50257F69C04.jpeg

• Like 1