SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

2 hours ago, Podgebag said:

My 4th purchase as a noob, after fleabay SW 130M, BST Starguider 8mm and batteries for clock drive:

Stool.jpg

A two legged stool. Milking some cows any time soon?. How does it  even stand up.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, johninderby said:

Just a basic laptop but surprised at how nice it is for the price. Doesn’t feel cheap and everything moves along nicely.  Won’t be doing any image processing with it. Just for capture. . Will save to a micro SD card.

LENOVO IdeaPad 14” laptop 4Gb ram and a 64 GB eMMC

5FB3DC3B-A85B-4F85-892C-70326CE398FB.jpeg

Hah! I had an identical mouse in my paw when I saw that pic!

23 hours ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

A two legged stool. Milking some cows any time soon?. How does it  even stand up.

I think you'll find you need to use an Ha filter (7nm best) to bring out that third leg! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alan White said:

You have been drawn to the dark side

I have been drawn for years, but I have finally arrived! It's an ASI 178MM - I hope it will serve me for EEA, lunar, solar and planetary duties, and in a few months it will snag the DSOs mounted behind some Canon primes!

It's clear blue skies right now, I can hardly believe it....

Edited by Ags
  • Like 3

I found this really nice miniature handmade model of a 19th century Comet Seeker 4" refractor,  made in the USA by Barry Crist.

It's made from solid wood and brass, and the mount can move in various directions.

See here for more info on the maker:https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/427023-barry-crist-models-are-finished/page-2

Just lovely craftsmanship ☺.

Dave

IMG_20190625_223822525_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190625_223839578_HDR.jpg

• Like 5