Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

4 hours ago, Chefgage said:

Finally!!!! It's been delivered after an 8 week wait. Typically now there is cloud for the next week.

20201108_142241.jpg

That's a very long wait indeed. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I've had 2. I sold the first one and regret set in before I'd even posted it.

I hope you enjoy it

• Like 4

On 07/11/2020 at 17:29, HollyHound said:

These arrived today for the new Bresser 10" dob...

Bresser fine focus knob upgrade kit

Collimation cap (good enough to check initial collimation, which seems ok anyway)... have a Cheshire Collimator on its way too for next week.

Bresser_FineFocus_and_CollimationCap.jpg

Great stuff!

The Aline cap is all I ever use.  I did it by eye, then finished off (and regularly check now) with the cap.  No laser, no Cheshire.

I can give a little advice on the dual speed knob.  I got two - one for the Dob, one for the AR102S.  You might find that after fitting, it starts to slip.  I fixed that by buying replacement grubscrews with cone ends that fit into the holes in the focuser shaft.  You need to line it all up through the inspection opening - not difficult.  Then the focuser is really good - good action, effective, no slipping.

HTH, Doug.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cloudsweeper said:

Great stuff!

The Aline cap is all I ever use.  I did it by eye, then finished off (and regularly check now) with the cap.  No laser, no Cheshire.

I can give a little advice on the dual speed knob.  I got two - one for the Dob, one for the AR102S.  You might find that after fitting, it starts to slip.  I fixed that by buying replacement grubscrews with cone ends that fit into the holes in the focuser shaft.  You need to line it all up through the inspection opening - not difficult.  Then the focuser is really good - good action, effective, no slipping.

HTH, Doug.

Thanks Doug... good to hear the Aline is more than capable and thanks for the tip on the focuser knob, I'll bear that in mind 👍

Cheers, Gary

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

A concenter and thumb screws.

I just put the concenter in the 200p and straight away can see the secondary is off. I will address that when I have some spare time.

Baz

DSC_1031.JPG

Really like the look of this piece of kit, I never knew such a thing existed, would make collimation a piece of cake, though quite expensive, will keep a look out for one, hope the collimation goes well for you, clear skies 

• Thanks 1

More additions to my up coming AP set up

Skywatcher Evoguide 50ED.

ZWO ASI 120MM (The USB 3.0 version) planetary camera to be used as my guide camera.

Steve Richards Astro processing guidebook

Celestron LiFePO4 (13.2Ah) Powertank to run everything.

The Evoguide & camera seem very good quality. Super fast and efficient service from FLO as usual, very happy.

IMG_20201110_142857_6-01.jpeg

Edited by nephilim
  • Like 5

On 08/11/2020 at 18:41, JeremyS said:

Form an orderly queue please 🤣

It will be a a very patient and quiet queue Jeremy.
Wait for end of lockdown, wait for travel allowed, wait for transport, wait 14 days or whatever the quarantine will be in Germany.....
wait for a clear sky....oh my that last wait could be very long 😉 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 09/11/2020 at 16:46, John Nodding said:

As I haven’t been able to start never mind finish the obsi/workshop, I bit the bullet to make things a bit easier over this winter.

969939D4-433C-4C8B-9725-5316C4739B5B.jpeg

hi john. what is it. is it some kind of dsc ?

19 hours ago, faulksy said:

hi john. what is it. is it some kind of dsc ?

From FLO listing "With so many useful features it is difficult to accurately describe its functions in just a few words, but basically it is a stand-alone computer that can control ZWO cameras and a filter wheel, provide Wi-Fi connectivity to a mount, and auto-guiding. "

• Like 2

On 05/11/2020 at 10:46, wormix said:

It’s arrived!  After nearly 8 week wait, fortunately it’s been wet for each of those 8 weeks so didn’t need it. 

Bigger than I was expecting - now need to assess whether this one went through QC 

If that was from FLO then I think mine is sitting on a box some place in the warehouse waiting for a tripod to go with it.

Did it come with the couter weight thread intact?

Adam

1 hour ago, Adam J said:

If that was from FLO then I think mine is sitting on a box some place in the warehouse waiting for a tripod to go with it.

Did it come with the couter weight thread intact?

Adam

I believe so, although it does seem set back  quite far

Difficult to see in photo but the first ~ 15mm is wider bore and unthreaded - is that how it is supposed to be as I’m aware that some have been shipping with no thread at all

image.jpg

17 minutes ago, wormix said:

Difficult to see in photo but the first ~ 15mm is wider bore and unthreaded - is that how it is supposed to be as I’m aware that some have been shipping with no thread at all

No idea how its supposed to be as I dont have mine yet, maybe someone else has one to confirm?

Edited by Adam J

As my old Telrad has a new home on the Bresser 10" dob and the Rigel I bought last week is now on the C5, I needed some more RDFs for the other scopes... so another Telrad (back on the Mak127) and Rigel (for StellaMira) arrived today.

Also a collimating eyepiece... I've already got the Rigel Aline, so not sure if I need this, but it's there in case.

Telrad_Rigel_Collimator.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wormix said:

image.jpg

Mine is an older one as I was an early adopter of this mount, but mine is also un-threaded for approx the first 20mm, see image below.

IMG_20201111_210001.thumb.jpg.aee9ce0eef25b2d268b64a8896314706.jpg

• Thanks 2