Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

39 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

StellaLyra 50mm 2" SuperView Eyepiece from @FLO

Nicely made and lightweight, which will be important for balance with the StellaMira 80mm f/10 mounted on the ScopeTech Zero 👍

Just need some clear skies now 🤞

StellaLyra_SuperView_50mm.jpg

I’ve seen there seems to be a good stock of these. They look pretty good value. Most ep’s are out of stock so these will make people happy. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

I’ve seen there seems to be a good stock of these. They look pretty good value. Most ep’s are out of stock so these will make people happy. 

Yes, there's been a shortage of eyepieces for a good while... I did sell a few some months back (PanaView 32mm and 38mm, Nirvanas) as I don't seem to get on FoV that's too great (this may change again with a dob now🤣) and I've been looking for something to use as a "sweeping" eyepiece in the StellaMira... this may be ideal, as it's lightweight too.

Also there's a 2" ED Barlow in the range too, which looks intriguing 🤔

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

@Highburymark great minds think (almost) alike. Looking for bigger exit pupils (whilst accepting a much smaller AFOV than I usually accept).

Peter

5F33FA20-C9D9-48EB-9781-F300D83DD0EA.jpeg

Very nice Peter. Love binoviewing with these longer F/L eyepieces and the odd barlow or two. Just a case of getting comfortable with the eye relief 

Picked this from a fellow member,dont really need another scope,but i am looking forward to using it,but unfortunately the collimation is way out so may be a while till i get it good as i believe it can be a nightmare to do.

The mount is great as a grab and go that i can use the e80 ed on.

20201102_152518.thumb.jpg.e7ea4c57922058e1cc1ab854cd802ecf.jpg

• Like 6

Ah ha, another arrival... for the Bresser 10" this time... Pentax XW30, XW10 and XW7... thanks @FLO 😃

Love the bolt cases these come with, but I've got spaces ready in the big eyepiece case for these!

Now we just need clear skies, although I fear I may have jinxed it all again for a few days 😬🤞

Pentax_XW30_XW10_XW7.jpg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

On 16/11/2020 at 16:18, Highburymark said:

With thanks to Steve, two lovely Celestron Ultimas 30mm for binoviewing. 

55060133-2038-4D9E-A5D5-E5273E6C6436.jpeg

Nice - I love binoviewing too. Hope you enjoy these.

Had to do a double take here. Noticed the book - the unauthorised history of Mi5 - thought at first it was the unauthorised history of M15 and thought blimey that’s a thick book for one messier object - someone must have researched it thoroughly 😳😂 Then realised it was MI5 🙈

Steve 

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, Trikeflyer said:

Nice - I love binoviewing too. Hope you enjoy these.

Had to do a double take here. Noticed the book - the unauthorised history of Mi5 - thought at first it was the unauthorised history of M15 and thought blimey that’s a thick book for one messier object - someone must have researched it thoroughly 😳😂 Then realised it was MI5 🙈

Steve 

Haha - excellent!

23 hours ago, gilesco said:

Or rather, what is the courier picking up...

Finally got notification that my Esprit 120ED Pro will be shipping to me today. :D

Here we go (I do worry it's bouncing around in a van and will be starting / stopping 115 times...) ;)

image.png.62a5aabc1355478091f9f731239ca44d.png

• Like 2

After much deliberation, I decided to go for a shorter focal length eyepiece, rather than a barlow/extender (for now)... a TeleVue Delite 5mm. There seems to be little (if any difference) between this and the Pentax XW5 (except for slightly narrower FoV and arguably "slightly" better resolution for lunar/planets 🤔), but I want this primarily for the StellaMira 80mm f/10, to give it's max theoretical magnification, whilst remaining light for balance. I have DeLite 13mm and 18.2mm and they work very well too, so this should be a good addition to the range 😃

TeleVue_DeLite_5mm.jpg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 4

On 11/11/2020 at 17:01, LukeSkywatcher said:

Kinda astro related. It's a 3D printed Moon (with personalised image). Its touch operated and rechargeable. 

Now that truly is a Man and Woman on the moon!
No missing that detail, but hang on I have missed it....
I will look more closely for you both next Lunar session.

7 minutes ago, Neil H said:

Another speedy delivery from FLO omg they are fast 

Upgrade 1/10 focuser knob 

Nice one, this upgrade does make a good difference in usability... make sure to read this thread though before trying to fit it and note that there are TWO grub screws that need removing from the current focuser knob (the instructions are poor and don't show this!)... 

Good luck 🤞

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 1

Thoroughly exciting item received today. So exciting that I will share with you all. 

The sad part is that it's going to sit idle until my HEQ5 finally turns up (ordered mid-Aug) 😪.

Dear China, please make and ship my HEQ5 ASAP. Tyvm.

-Thingy-

IMG_20201120_152257963.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1