Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Arrived yesterday, but only got round to unpacking today... mainly for the new dob, but I'm sure it will get used for all other observing now and make for more relaxed viewing... a Berlebach NIX II Observer's Chair 😃

Thanks again to @FLO for fantastic service, as always 👍

Berlebach_Nix_Chair.jpg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Mr Thingy said:

Nice Mr Postman (or more accurately, Mr DHL man) kindly brought me an SW 72ED and an Ha 7nm filter 😃

May the corrupt sky gods now bring forth the clouds, as is their cruel way.

IMG_20201112_152943059.jpg

IMG_20201112_152948797.jpg

IMG_20201112_153309175.jpg

Enjoy the 72ed, I certainly like mine.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mr Thingy said:

Thank you. I plan to play with it at the weekend and figure out if I need any extra extenders for my camera.

I needed an extension for my Canon 200d DSLR. Without it I could not get focus. The general recommendation for this scope is a flattener of course. I used an OVL field flattener which gives me the correct distance to gain focus. So it it does 2 things at once, gives me focus and flattens the image.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chefgage said:

I needed an extension for my Canon 200d DSLR. Without it I could not get focus. The general recommendation for this scope is a flattener of course. I used an OVL field flattener which gives me the correct distance to gain focus. So it it does 2 things at once, gives me focus and flattens the image.

Ah yes, the flattener. That's on my ever-growing shopping list of astro gear. I also plan to get an EAF to attach onto this.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Thingy said:

Ah yes, the flattener. That's on my ever-growing shopping list of astro gear. I also plan to get an EAF to attach onto this.

I seem to be buying an item of astro photography gear every week now. I get a bit fitted then think mmm I need that bit on the mount now!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chefgage said:

I seem to be buying an item of astro photography gear every week now. I get a bit fitted then think mmm I need that bit on the mount now!

Ha yes! I know the feeling. I just ordered the EAF, so now my rig will be fully automated 😀.

I can now cross one more thing off my shopping list. My wife will be so pleased.

• Like 2

Thanks to Mike @L8-Nite for introducing me to this on another thread. I found a copy, not too expensive, on ebay- my new oldest astro item- a 270yr old book! It’s a bit fragile and much smaller than I expected but I guess paper was very valuable back then!  It’s actually in remarkable condition for its age- doesn’t look like it’s been read many times at all! I’m a bit scared to handle it and dread damaging something that’s survived this long but i’m itching to read it. The moon map at the back was what interested me most and this one folds out and is quite beautiful, but I’m intrigued by the chapter titles- looks like really interesting reading :) 

Mark

7681A008-EBF2-480D-82F5-55A607FDA711.jpeg

DEC19BFE-9DC8-403B-B251-2FE3D0B15665.jpeg

3D1EA4C3-6CAB-4B6E-8A3C-831243EAD0F2.jpeg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, markse68 said:

Thanks to Mike @L8-Nite for introducing me to this on another thread. I found a copy, not too expensive, on ebay- my new oldest astro item- a 270yr old book! It’s a bit fragile and much smaller than I expected but I guess paper was very valuable back then!  It’s actually in remarkable condition for its age- doesn’t look like it’s been read many times at all! I’m a bit scared to handle it and dread damaging something that’s survived this long but i’m itching to read it. The moon map at the back was what interested me most and this one folds out and is quite beautiful, but I’m intrigued by the chapter titles- looks like really interesting reading :) 

Mark

7681A008-EBF2-480D-82F5-55A607FDA711.jpeg

DEC19BFE-9DC8-403B-B251-2FE3D0B15665.jpeg

3D1EA4C3-6CAB-4B6E-8A3C-831243EAD0F2.jpeg

Lovely

• Like 2

The postman brought me a new zoom EP yesterday and I'm expecting a couple of other EPs today, off FLO. So yes, you can all cheerfully blame me for the continuing clouds around this neck of the woods. I probably started it off just over a week ago by buying a scope off another member on here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markse68 said:

Mark

That fure if a very impreffive book Markfe68

🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Finally managed to get a 5" dew heater strap for my C5, thanks again @FLO. I've got plans for an EEVA rig, using my iOptron AZ Mount Pro and the recently bought ASiair Pro, but was concerned that the dew shield on its own wouldn't provide enough protection... hopefully this will help 🤞

Also a Baader Clicklock 2" to 1.25" reducer for the dob 👍

Dew_Heater_Strip_and_Clicklock_Reducer.jpg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 3