SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sad News re johninderby

thunderbird02

Thank you for taking the time to let us all know the sad news.  I remember reading a lot of his posts, although I didn't personally have interaction with him.

Always sad when one of our flock passes away.  

Without your post we would have been none the wiser, so many thanks for that.  

Carole 

• Like 2

Very sad news, John was one of those people that, if he commented on one of your posts, your eyes lit up.  You'd always  know that his words would  contain something of interest and value.  Thank you for your contributions and helpfulness John, you'll be sorely missed.

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 2

Very sad news indeed - like many commenting above John was one of the wise, expert voices on the forum, happy to share the benefit of his experience with a kind & good humoured tone.   Condolences to his family and thanks to @thunderbird02 for posting, I hope that the high regard shown on here for John adds a little to your memory of him. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was SO sad to learn of John's passing..

I was fortunate enough to meet him in his Derby home a good few years ago to buy something, and was admiring some of his scopes with him..he was so enthusiastic about our hobby, especially refractors..

I too was one of those who originally thought his SGL handle meant John Inderby, rather than John in Derby!🤦🤦.

I do wonder whether that SGL "handle" was quietly mischievous on his part - given his real world love of "handles"!🙂

He knew his stuff, kept it meticulously clean and maintained, and was very generous with sharing his abundant knowledge, freely and enthusiastically.

Our community is the poorer for his passing😔.

Rest in Peace, John.

Dave

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

I have only just come across this thread, what awful news to hear. John was a pillar of the SGL community.

I still remember being astounded by his modification of a SkyTee mount, adding GoTo/tracking abilities, a few years ago., and his more recent determination to guide newcomers to owning Bresser dobs rather than the ubiquitous Sky-Watcher!

At least his expertise and advice will live on in the forums helping others for years to come.

RIP John

• Like 5

When I first joined the forum looking for advice on what to buy to start me off in this hobby John was one of the first to respond. He was very gracious with his time in giving considered responses to questions and I saw that he would always try to give good consistent advice and support to new members. The forum will be the poorer for his passing. 

My condolences to the people who knew him personally on this forum and also to his family. 

It seems like a lifetime now but I bought my 16" Lightbridge of him. I remember how enthusiastic John was when he showed me around his littte summerhouse that housed his scopes. RIP John you will be missed.