SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sad News re johninderby

thunderbird02

I do not know whether this is the right place or not, but I came across this site whilst researching some telescopes, and I noticed that johninderby  was a avid user of this site, he was my cousin and this is to 

inform whoever it concerns that John passed away in October last year.

• Sad 66

That is most sad news indeed.
John was a highly valued SGL member, always part of the chatter and always helping folks.
Many of us had wondered what had happened when he stopped posting in Mid July of last year and tried to find out what had happened to no result, we now know why.

My condolences to you and his family.

RIP John, you will be missed

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Yes sad news indeed. John was a good mentor on SGL, I always think of him when certain questions are asked. I wondered if he had left the forum, but for a different reason.

Condolences to you and his family.

He has been and will be missed

• Like 1

• Mr Spock changed the title to Sad News re johninderby

Very sad news.  Had the pleasure of meeting him in person when buying a telescope a few years ago.

He loved a good modification and upgrade to the basic stock model of scope. I got the feeling he had an engineering background and was a great source of information if you ever had a design specification that needed filling.

Sean.

• Like 1

This is very sad. I'm very new to astronomy so I don't think my time on SGL coincided with John's, but I feel I know him a little, and have learnt a great deal, from reading so many of his prolific posts on this site. In that sense his wisdom is very much living on on SGL.

• Like 1

RIP John. I always had high regard for his posts. Well informed with good explanations.
Only a couple of weeks ago while chatting on the phone with another SGL member John's name came up as someone to ask about a particular scope.
Then we both realised we had not heard from him for a while.
A loss to our community, and no doubt to many others.

• Like 4

Sad news. Met John a year or so ago after buying something off him and picked it up from his house on the way back home from my work I was doing down in the London area. He was a very nice and pleasant man, and his contributions on here will be very much missed indeed! 

Condolences to his family and friends. 

• Like 1