Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

I placed an order for a few small items with FLO on Friday morning.  Not long after I received an email notifying me that the items had shipped.  The next morning the package dropped onto the doormat.  Straight forward and simple as it should be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently ordered a 2” Baader BBHS-Sitall but needed the 2” to 1.25” adaptor.  I am rather fond of the Baader click-lock mechanism since using it with my Herschel Wedge so did a quick search on FLO and found they had just what I was looking for in stock.  Placed my order in the morning, received a confirmation email and then another email perhaps only an hour later stating the order had been completed.  It arrived the next day and was waiting for me at home when I finished work.  Simple and easy.

• Like 1

I have only used FLO for fairly low-cost orders in the past as I have often been lucky enough to source the more expensive items elsewhere. However, this time around, I didn't think I was going to be able to find a "cheap" ATIK camera, so entered into an email discussion with Martin over the last couple of days asking all-sorts of annoying questions about Cameras and Filters etc. Martin has been the guy that I have pestered on many occasions before, even when I ended up buying elsewhere. Always found the service to be excellent and the advice very helpful.

I have just pulled the trigger on a 414EX after chatting with Martin so will be looking forward to that turning up next week. Just thought I would mention the great service (as usual) and the speed of reply from Martin. I know people are often quick to complain about the speed of response from online retailers, but FLO were back with answers within minutes, so there was no hanging around at all.

Nicely done and helped me make my decision.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to use the thing.....

:-)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Last month purchased two flexible slow motion control cables for my Porta 11 mount, they've been great right up until I lost a screw, in the dark and grass.

I emailed on Wednesday asking if I could order a replacement - my local hardware store here in Wymondham had "never seen a screw like it" . The parcel from FLO with the replacement screw arrived to day, free of charge with FLO's compliments.

Top service from a great supplier, 'Thank you!"

Chris

Would just like to say a big thankyou to everyone at FLO for outstanding customer service and helpfulness with my purchase of Lunt white light Herschel wedge,
nothing seems to much trouble for these guys and girls,
even though i left it to last minute and enquired about it after hours and wanted next day delivery (Sat) FLO did everything they could to accomodate,
Package duly received by Saturday lunchtime, Outstanding.

Best regards and thanks
James

Just a quick word, Having ordered a mount from FLO , the service I received again is second to none, fast ,courteous, reliable and helpful, but I would also like to mention Fedex, each time I have been sent an item from FLO it arrives as it was sent, no damage and on time , without this kind of delivery service many companies fall down . Brilliant , just brilliant  

• 1 month later...

Just a quick post to thank FLO and ATIK for sorting out my ATIK 414EX that I was having trouble with. Sent off and purged of any moisture and re-sealed by ATIK and all facilitated by FLO, so big thank-yous to Vince and Steve - great service as ever.

I mean, I was slightly disappointed they didn't say it was beyond help but, unfortunately, they were only able to replace it was an Atik One, but you can't have everything I guess. :icon_biggrin:

• 5 weeks later...

I just want to say thanks to FLO for excellent service and a cracking product too.

My Lunt 50 THa came with the standard non-rotating helical focuser which is, err, shall we say 'barley up to the task' and I had been looking for a quality replacement. I found the Moonlite Crayford version on the FLO site on Saturday 5th November, pondered for a day and bought it on Sunday 6th.

The communications were excellent - email order on return and confirmation of despatch early on Monday, together with tracking info for DHL.

The unit arrived this afternoon, well packed and in excellent condition. It's now fitted and I am delighted. It's a really quality item with no increase in price (as yet) due to the weakness of sterling. Well done FLO

Following a recent rapid connection of mount, OTA et al with Terra Firma (not via tripod feet) I contacted FLO to arrange examination of various components.

The response was both prompt and sufficient for the insurance company to provide compensation for the repair, and replacement of items beyond economic replica.

In addition, I ordered a replacement OTA and field flattener early PM yesterday, and items arrived before 11:15 this am - Essex to Central Scotland.

Well done that team.

I put in an order to FLO for an OTA and a number of other components. I asked for and received advice from them beforehand. Everything arrived as hoped, no drama.

Despite the correct advice FLO had given me before the order, I accidentally chose wrong Vixen clamps - they looked similar, but were the wrong size. However, as soon as I expressed confusion about getting things to fit together, FLO sorted me out.

Top marks from me.

First light optics had been very generous , I missed my email by nearly a month on  Christmas offer of a cable and still sent me one. I am so grateful for their generosity .

The cable is a perfect replacement for the Heq5 mount nice sweeping lines around the head making it less likely to come in contact with the adjustment bolts, lay lovely and flat on the ground make that much less chance of falling over it. Was my first time out today on a nice crisp frosty morning .

Les

• Like 1

As with all my previous purchases from First Light Optic, my latest one, the newly released EQ6 R Synscan Mount,
arrived on schedule yesterday by FedEX Courier.  Two very large boxes delivered to my door by the driver.
A weekend had intervened between my placing the  order, and delivery, but one has to say, damned fine service.

I waited until late evening to open the main container, and when I removed the Polystyrene topping, I was gobsmacked by
the beautiful mount nestling in  it's preformed bed. All other bits neatly packed in the same manner. 
Even the wife managed a " Mmm!, that looks really lovely".   So that's a good start :icon_biggrin:.
Thanks Flo. people for your good work,  I'm looking forward to commissioning this baby.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

placed my first ever order with FLO last Thursday. Order shopped Friday, have received a text that item is "on board for delivery" today - and I'm 12000 miles away i Australia!

Fantastic.

cheers

Gary

• Like 1

Just another thumbs up for the usual excellent service from FLO. Ordered a C9.25 yesterday morning and it is currently sat at home waiting to be ogled over. As ever, the absolute best price and service, and Steve has been incredibly helpful with info and communication...it won't be the last time I place an order! Already looking at accessories! :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the morning of 22nd Feb I ordered a Baader 2" ClickLock Adapter for 3.25" SCT.  I received an email shortly after confirming receipt of my order.  On the morning of the 23rd, I received an email confirming the order had been completed and dispatched.  It arrived the following day.  Nice and easy as it should be.

• Like 1

Hi all, I received my new scope, mount power tank and wifi adaptor from FLO Friday  26-03-17 and may I say the staff are all first rate, very friendly with call backs and e-mail communication . these people will bend over backwards to assist you with any problems and quickly process your order.. I cannot praise them enough for their service.  I would truly recommend  FLO for those people wishing  to buy scopes and accessorys .   well done FLO top class.   Peter

items bought were a skywatcher 150mm 1200mmfl refractor, celestron advance vx  mount ,  Power tank and wifi adaptor for I pad control of mount.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I bought a pair of Vixen SLVs and they arrived the next possible day after purchase (I bought them at night) and they arrived two days later - top service as always. The goods were well packaged and all correct. Unfortunately they were not suitable for my requirements and I therefore requested a return. As I hoped, the replies were quick, an alternative solution was offered but we agreed it was not suited to my circumstances and so they approved a collection, all within the space of the same working day. So even though this purchase didn't work out, I received an excellent service and prompt replies. I'd certainly always recommend FLO as a supplier of new astro equipment.

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

I ordered a skywatcher 9x50 RACI finder for my 5" Maksutov, this was end of shop hours Thursday, Its just arrived and so carefully packaged, as always 5 star service from FLO :icon_salut:

• Like 3

I ordered a Celestron Handheld digital microscope midday last Thursday, arrived the following Tuesday within the stated 2-4 working days. It's a nifty little thing, I'm already having fun using it with the kids. Thanks FLO :) 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/celestron-microscopes/celestron-handheld-digital-microscope.html

Edited by Lockie
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Trashed my red-light torch "battling" the voracious Norfolk Mosquitoes....replacement ordered on Monday, shipped the same day and delivered today! 

Slick, service, thank you!

Chris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Contacted FLO about my MBox not working 09:41 they had replied offering a replacement by 10:19 and the no cost order placed at 10:18. Oh yes and stamps to return the faulty one.

Can't beat that for service.

Regards Andrew

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I don't normally write reviews but was so impressed with the customer service of FLO thought I would share my experience.

i ordered a star discovery AZ mount, 15mm, 12mm, 8mm, 5mm BST Starguider eyepiece, astrozap dew shield, 17ah power tank, 32mm skywatcher plossl and a Rigel quick finder (this item was added to the order after the others). 

I arrange for all of the above to be delivered on a Saturday as I'm up and down the country with work during the week. FLO confirmed not a problem and would be delivered on 2nd September via DHL.

saturday came and I got a text notification from DHL saying the items are out for delivery split into 2 parcels. I sat there looking out the window every 5 mins waiting for DHL ?.

DHL turned with just one parcel, which clearly stated "1 of 2", the mount was missing ?. I phoned DHL and they tried to fob me off saying that it wasn't a Saturday delivery item and they delivered it so they won't have a large number to deliver on the Monday! I double checked the label on the parcel that was delivered and it clearly says Sat delivery on label ?

Basically DHL forgot to put the other parcel on the van, and said it will be delivered Monday. Spoke to FLO about it and they were amazing even though it wasn't their fault as they have no control over the goods once it leaves them.

They offered me a free BST eyepiece to make up for the mess up in the delivery! Wow, can't ask for better service.

i wouldn't hesitate in recommending this company, go above and beyond to help their customers.

• Like 3

First light optics have a top class service...ive always tried to use a local source..as try to use local business etc but..flo have more of the items I'm looking for at great prices..you can't complain on delivery either..place the order..get comfirmation straight away..then a email back to say when it be delivered..within hours.. can't fault anything with them

• Like 1