Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

Here's confidence for you.    Yesterday I put in an order with FLO.  The order includes some AstroZap dew bands, which are not in stock at the moment.  They told me that it's most likely that they will be through customs for next week.   So, I should have them, and the other parts of the order (which is all in stock) before xmas.   Yay, for my christmas present for myself :D 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I reported a missing cable in a recent order for a Lakeside Focusing system.
Martin at Flo responded quickly and the cable arrived in post this morning.
Thank you very much, Flo Staff are a well drilled team👍.
Ron.

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to put out there that FLO must be one of the very best online suppliers - not just in Astro but overall.

In the last 2-3 months I have been asking for advice and assistance, purchased a good few items and had to return some (not for any FLO caused issue). The team there have been incredibly responsive, helpful and simply a pleasure to deal with.

If only other online suppliers were half as good.

Well done folks - you are just brilliant!

David Mackie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Ibbo! locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

Thanks to all at FLO during these uncertain times, my new ZWO 533 MC PRO was due to arrive on Tuesday 14th April, it arrived today Saturday 11th !!.

Great Speedy Service and in particular during this period . well done and thank you.

Eric 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Helen locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Great service once again from FLO, emailed them with a question Friday lunchtime, Grant answered within 10 minutes. Order then placed and was delivered this morning [Saturday]. If FLO read this, many thanks, much appreciated

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Ibbo! locked this topic
8 hours ago, Pete D said:

Ordered some binoculars on mon says shipped in 1-2 days still waiting a week later!

Negative reviews are rare so we take them very seriously and do our best to investigate and learn 🙂 

Pete emailed us last night at 8:30pm. Grant investigated then replied at 9:20pm. Pete emailed again last night, separately, and I myself responded this morning at 6.37am. 

When Pete ordered his binocular (Monday night) our website indicated it was out of stock and displayed a dispatch estimate of 2-4 working days (it displays 1-2 working days today because more stock has arrived). 

We missed our dispatch estimate by one day. 

Pete's order should have been delivered to him yesterday via DHL but was delayed at one of DHL's depots (during the current Covid-19 lockdown couriers are super-busy). Hopefully they will deliver his binocular to him today.

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 7

• Steve locked this topic
  • Steve unlocked this topic
2 hours ago, FLO said:

Pete's order should have been delivered to him yesterday via DHL but was delayed at one of DHL's depots (during the current Covid-19 lockdown couriers are super-busy). Hopefully they will deliver his binocular to him today.

DHL's tracking says it was delivered this morning at 11:18am 🙂 

Steve 

• Steve locked this topic

I'd been struggling with fine focusing on a new-to-me Skymax 127 mak.  I'd done a bit of research and knew it was a general thing that lots of people felt about the design - and that it wasn't an issue with my particular scope.  I'd been looking at getting a helical fine focuser and had picked out a Baader one on FLO, but before buying I sent them a message to confirm this would connect to my mak directly and I wouldn't need any other adapters.  I quickly got a reply that this would connect to my scope, but pointing out that as it would rotate with the changing focus it would also move my diagonal.  As I was still getting used to my new scope and still thinking "mini dob" I'd forgotten that it now mattered to me that the focuser was a non-rotating one.  Martin at FLO suggested the ZWO one which although more expensive would allow me to adjust the focus while keeping the diagonal in the same position.  He also advised that I could first try some of the 'hacks' other people had successfully used to improve their use of the main focuser (clothes peg), but I like my solutions a bit more 'elegant'.   Once ordered the ZWO focuser arrived in the expected timeframe and I've been very pleased with it.  For me this was great service - ok, I ended up spending more than I planned, but if I'd bought the Baader one it would have been awkward at best and potentially unusable. And any business with the integrity to suggest options to save me spending money with is great in my book.

• Thanks 1

Despite being busy with the increasing number of orders due to lockdown, FLO's efficiency continues to be second-to-none. Ordered a part with a 7-10 day dispatch estimate on 15th June and expected it to arrive in July, received the item on 25th June. Well done to all at FLO for keeping up with orders in such an efficient manner!

• Thanks 1

Two parts to this review. First off I ordered a bresser frac, this duly arrived a few days later direct from Bresser themselves. However due to either poor QC /transport or combination of the two it arrived with some slight damage. Emailed FLO to see what could be done. I thought maybe a replacement part to save the trouble of shipping a new one but no, steve responded with get a new one. Top service.

Anyway, after a short delay steve again got involved and bresser UK were on phone the day after with one being sent next business day by courier. thanks again Steve.

Secondly I also ordered a SkyTee-2 mount thursday, it arrived this morning along with the replacement frac. 

They handled it very well indeed despite being very busy.

All in all I am very happy.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Placed an order Sunday for the Sky-Watcher EvoFrame Camera Rotator for Evostar-72ED DS-Pro and it was showing delivery 40-60 working days, I was ok with that and low and behold it is already in the post as of today. Great service and over the moon.

Thank you FLO

Andy 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Great service from Grant at FLO. I enquired about a Berlebach report 312 tripod, to see if they could get it for me. Grant sorted a price and put it up on the website with all the purchase option's. I was then informed it was available to order with a link to the item. Brilliant so order placed. Thanks guys great customer service.

• Thanks 1

Just recently got a Evoguide 50 from FLO, which took longer than I expected to get dispatched. They said: in stock, one - two days to dispatch normally, but they took five or six working days or so! :shocked: They were patient with my pestering email though, which is good and it then arrived. :smiley:

Got to say, that perhaps FLO have made a rod for their own backs here, with such supreme service normally, which makes the occasional slip up stand out. They respond very fast to emails in my experience and just sort things quickly and efficiently. But it comes to something when I think that FLO at their worst, ( though not really bad at all, even then ) are still better than any other supplier, I have used so far. :smiley:

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some of you will know that I have problems with my fingers and hands.  As a result I couldn't get my Scopetech Mount Zero off my tripod.  I also had a Baader Diamond Steeltrack that was making a grunging noise.  The only item I'd bought from FLO was the Mount Zero.  Despite this FLO said to send everything to them and they'd sort it all out.

Not only did they do so, they turned everything round by return.

Plus there was no charge, including for carriage.

Now, that's what I call superb customer service!  So I've just given them another order.

Thanks, guys!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just want to give a thumbs up to FLOs service for warranty repairs / issues. My new AZGTi developed a power issue this week so I notified FLO on Sunday via email.

They responded on Monday afternoon for some clarity and offer a few suggestions which sadly didn't work and so suggested a return.  The parcel was collected from me Wednesday morning, and then next I heard was FLO informing me that they had found a  power issue on the main board which they had now fixed and the Mount was on its way back to me. 

Just heard from DHL that it’s due to arrive at lunchtime today. So that’s 6 days from first contact to repair and return ready for the 10minute window of clear skies I will no doubt have tonight.

Am really impressed with the service and the skills of the team as I was expecting it would have to be a replacement coupled with a lengthy wait.  

Thanks guys. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can not praise First Light Optics highly enough, after I had a problem with a purchase I emailed them, quickly had a reply to send unit back, courier arrived next day to collect.

Contact from the guys at FLO was excellent and they kept me informed .... waiting for new stock to arrive ..... stock arrived and the very next day it was dispatched and I received it 1 day later (that is today Christmas Eve)

I judge how good a company  is not when all things go smoothly but how good they are when something goes wrong.

So thank you FLO and all the team there. ...... have a Merry Christmas, and stay safe.

Paul

Edited by shropshire lad
  • Like 3