Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

Hi there

would just like to thank First Light Optics for the excellent service and advice. Nothing for Martin seems too much trouble. I am a relative newbie and their service has been outstanding. Everything I have ordered, queried or asked they have tried to accomodate.

Very fast deliveries and even when I had a problem with a sadlle I had ordered incorrectly before Kelling they sent me out the correct one (no charge) and told ne to return the other after I got back.

Can't recommend them enough.

Velvet

(Sheila)

• Like 2

Hi

Outstanding service from FLO on numerous occasions - from sourcing spares for astronomical equipment to after sales issues support and issue resolution. Never failed to address an issue, will continue to purchase from FLO.

Examples:

- spare part required that couldnt be sourced anywhere from what I could make out, email to FLO addressed and sorted in short timescale

- rung FLO to enquire about scope, had a return at reduced price, held for a short time to sort out funds

- had issue with a mount, FLO offered to return and full refund even few months after bought, still kept it as didnt want to return, got resolved

thanks

Jamie

• Like 3

Two simple but essential products received from FLO

2" Desillant cap. Re-arrsured that my 6" apo's lens and coatings are going to stay in the condition they are in for my lifetime of use and beyond due to this low cost but essential piece of kit. (Damp be gone!)

Secondly 'Threaded Caps'! How have I lived without these? by sticking poor fitting over plastic covers on the nose pieces to my expensive baader prism diagonals, powermates and 2" xw eyepieces.

NOT ANYMORE!

These caps are really quality pieces and in-excusable not to have, given their very low cost.

Thanks guys, look forward to more inovative additions to your range

Paul

• Like 2

I'd like to once again thank FLO for a first class service, ordered some flocking material at around midday, got an email saying it had been dispatched at around 3pm and it was delivered by the post man this morning.

Excellent service, and they are great at answering any questions you have, can't thank them enough!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After waiting 6 weeks elsewhere..rang Martin at FLO on friday afternoon..he said it would be in the post on monday & with me on Tuesday...sure enough..it came today.

I was kept fully updated by e-mail as well... absolutely 1st class service (No I'm not on commission or work there).

• Like 1

Just wanted to say a very BIG thanks :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: to the guys at FLO for delivering my new DMK21AU618 CCD today, you guys live next door to me or what as it turned up so fast. Had to laugh as it's the wife's birthday this month she thought it was a treat for her :evil: , now i'm going to have to spend twice as much on her prezzie.

My filter wheel arrived today (sorry FLO you didn't have a suitable one) so i'm just waiting for my Baader LRGB filters to get here then some cloudless nights would be great !!!

So any tips not available on here about the cam would be greatly appreciated ie what to do & what not to do.

Roll on clear skies :-)

• Like 1

Ordered Opticron 8x40s from FLO on Friday; received confirmation email and another to confirm the package had been dispatched. Arrived very well packed today. Can't comment on the product, because it's a birthday present I'm not allowed yet; but efficient service.

• Like 1

Ordered a Skytee 2 mount last week via FLO, which came straight from the importer. The mount had a few issues that needed sorting and FLO were excellent, doing everything they could (and more) to rush through a replacement by return. Just goes to show that first class customer service does still exist. Thanks Martin & co...

• Like 1

Last week I bought a brand new NEQ6 mount from the guys at FLO. However, upon receiving it the north facing altitude bolt bent within an hour of installing it from the box!

Contacted Steve and Martin and the sorted me out straight away with a replacement. They clarified a few things first then agreed the issue must have been a faulty pressure plate on the side of the mount.

I have now received my new one and all works fine.

An excellent example of after sales service by the chaps at First Light Optics. Well done to them and thankyou.

Rgds, Steve

• Like 3

Well I ordered my Skywatcher Skyliner 200p about 3 or 4 months ago, after making my mind up about what scope I wanted I searched for the cheapest one I could find on the internet, after finding a company called first light optics I searched around about them to see if they could be trusted... Seemed legit so I purchased the scope, got a email saying that my order was received.

3 days later I came home to find a fed ex letter in my door saying I had missed them so had to phone up to redeliver so it was meant to be delivered about 3 days later, got a phone call two days later from a guy from fed ex who said he would deliver it early because he was on his way home and lived in the area...

Overall very good company, the redelivery business was my fault so they did a perfect job and I will be using them again.

(Love my new telescope by the way, and I love fed ex!!)

• Like 1

Ordered a Skywatcher 2" UHC filter which arrived very promptly but when opened for inspection I noticed very tiny circular scatches that, after a bit of investigation, I believe they were being caused by the lid of the case catching the top of the lens.

I notified FLO straight away via email and got a very prompt reply from Steve apologising, complimenting my keen eyes ( :grin: ) and offering to send an immediate replacement along with an SAE to send the old one back.

Sure enough, yestersay I received a filter in perfect condition and an SAE with full postage already attached.

Fantastic service! :cool:

Will certainly use again.

Russ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For exceptional service on all orders I have placed since I got into this hobby, they go the extra mile and definitely deserve my repeat patronage. In my most recent order, which arrived the next day after I ordered, I received an additional little box containing a sachet of coffee and two Bendicks chocolate mints! Needless to say, those mints didn't get the chance to melt in my hands, and were very warmly received by my taste buds. Oh, and the telescope OTA and Cheshire Collimator I ordered arrived in tip-top condition.

Thank you, FLO.

• Like 1

Santa finally gave approval to order a SX Lodestar Autoguider. I went to FLO's website around 11:15pm last night, and used their stock check email option to make sure they had them.

I received a reply from James at eight minutes past midnight ( well out of office hours ) saying they had!

How many other retailers would have just left business emails to the following day? I never expected a reply until some time today, but thank you for taking the time to respond when you did. An order was placed this morning.

Steve

• Like 3

Just want to say a big thanks to the guys at FLO for getting my M48>Canon adpter to me before xmas - even though I fluffed up the order by trying to rush it through during my lunch break.

Now enjoying the complementary coffee and minty biccies as I type... a very nice touch.. thanks guys!

• Like 1

In the immediate run up to Christmas, I have started specifying and paying for a named delivery date to ensure gifts arrive on time, yet a number of retailers and couriers have failed in their obligations. Not so with FLO. Inspired by the Top 10 Best Selling Christmas Gifts list posted a few days ago, I decided to purchase the Baader Optical Wonder Fluid and Cloth, as one of my Delos EPs got a little bit dirty at a recent star party I attended. Not in any particular rush for the product, I placed my order on around 2pm on the 18th and immediately received an email confirming my order. The next day I received a notification that my order was complete, and I arrived home from work last night to find it waiting for me on the doormat. Quick, simple and efficient. If only all retailers were this reliable.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently bought lots of little bits from FLO in multiple orders, all despatched day after purchasing and arrived within 2 days. Martin is a great guy who has answered all my questions no matter how stupid they sound. Fantastic, honest business which I continue to use when I need something relatively quickly.

• Like 2

Late wednesday night I placed an order for a ADM Dual Saddle and ADM 7" Losmandy Dovetail bar. Then yesterday morning I decided I also needed a 4" Telrad riser so placed the order for that and paid the £2 delivery charge.

Sometime after 9am I received notification of a refund of the £2 delivery charge and confirmation that the order had been processed and would be out for delivery. This morning all 3 items arrived at my office.

Little things like the £2 refund make FLO a really special supplier in my mind. It never crossed my mind that I had paid delivery on both orders but FLO still refunded it. Very easy communications and they just do what they say are going to.

I sympathise with the staff of the likes of HMV and Blockbusters but large chains and other larger organisations just do not offer the personal service that small indpendants like FLO do. I for one hope that the high street ends up full of smaller retailers as the buying experience is just so much better.

Thanks FLO

• Like 8