Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

First Light Optics does it again. Ordered an Evostar 80ED DS Pro OTA on Monday the 28th , I was informed by email that the item was out of stock , my hearts sank noooooooo. I replied asking when it may come back in stock ? "one to two day's" I was informed. Today Wednesday 30th at 8:00 am it arrived , yeeeehaaaaa. I would just like to thank FLO once again for the excellent service that never stops amazing me , I work in the consumer industry and people could learn a lot from the level of service FLO provide .

Thank you

Jeff

• Like 2

Just bought a Baader Skysurfer V rdf from FLO the other day. Yet again, brilliant service and swift delivery *****. Little surprise that I have bought ALL my astro kit from them. 2 scopes, several eyepieces and umpteen accessories.

They look after me so why do I need to go anywhere else??????

• Like 1

I contacted FLO via the helpdesk system asking about current stock of the Hutech IDAS LPS2 filter and adaptor for a Canon camera. 10 minute later James emailed back to say they are in stock. Ordered it around 14:30 yesterday and it was delivered this morning, can't ask for better than that. Thank you :)

• Like 1

Thanks for a great service from FLO. I ordered my Starwatcher 12" Truss Goto scope on a Monday after first checking via email that it was in stock. During the order process I was advised that the delivery might be delayed because of bad weather conditions (heavy snow). I was willing to accept this because the price was good and it only made a difference of a few days. After the order was placed I became impatient and asked if I could be informed when the order was being dispatched from the supplier so that someone could be at home to take the delivery. I had very polite replies informing me that I would recieve emails when the order was being dispatched and also I could track the order on the internet. I was very pleased to recieve the telescope on Wednesday morning at 8:30 am just two days after placing the order. Normally the skies are cloudy for several weeks after recieving a new scope but Thursday night turned out to be clear. I am very impressed with the accuracy of the goto and the quality of the eyepiece views. - One very happy customer!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Over the past month I placed three orders with FLO, for tube rings, dovetail plates, extension tubes, eyepiece and upgraded saddle for my CG5-GT mount. Ordering online was straightforward by creating an account, with FLO acknowledging by email immediately after I placed the order and all items in stock were delivered in two working days from date of order. When the items were dispatched I was notified by email that one item was out of stock and on back order. This item was dispatched the following day.

I was looking to obtain a smaller, lighter compact scope compared with my 10" Newtonian and FLO's prompt service (and price) was a big factor in me deciding to order from them a Celestron C8 XLT OTA. SteveB at FLO was a great help. I placed my order online at 2pm on a Friday and SteveB had the scope with FedEx by 4pm the same day. I could have waited for FedEx to deliver on Monday, but I live out in the sticks and sometimes couriers have a problem finding us (plus I couldn't wait until Monday), so I collected the OTA from FedEx's depot on Saturday morning.

All queries were dealt with promptly using FLO's messaging system which seems to be the best way to contact them.

All in all I have been very pleased with FLO's service and would have no hesitation in ordering from them again.

Bob

• Like 1

Having recently decided to buy some new kit I pushed the button on Sunday on an Astrotrac. This was after a good round of email conversations with James whilst stock levels were checked and the battery holder was sourced from the supplier. All emails were quickly responded too and I was kept in the loop at all times.

I Received confirmation on Monday of the item being dispatched and by 9:00 Tuesday morning it was sat on my desk! Hows that for a slice of fried gold.

Good work FLO, from an all round happy bunny.

• Like 1

Ordered a Skywatcher EQ AZ 6 GT mount and a power supply from FLO at 11:00 on Tuesday. By 15:00 the PSU was in the hands of FedEx. By 17:00 the mount was in the hands of FedEx. At 14:00 on Wednesday FedEx placed all 3 boxes in my hands. Brilliant service! Well done FLO & OVL and thank you very much.

Glyn Thomas

First Light Optics you provide out standing service, i was looking for a finder base for my c9.25 scope so i could use my finder guider from my ED80 to the C9.25 and was not sure which one to buy that would fit so i emailed FLO, i had a email back to me in a matter of mins with the link to there web site for the correct one to use, i placed the order well into the afternoon friday, so i was expecting to receive my goods maybe monday, i was pleasantly suprised to find that when i finished work saturday evening to find my parcel at my house, this has to be the best service i have ever had so thanks so much for the service you provide and i will be looking forward in purchasing my next lot of items in the near future :hello2: .

Edited by cardconvict
  • Like 1

Just wanted to post a big THANK YOU to FLO for the super fast service.

I ordered an ST4 cable from them yesterday lunch time and I had a e-mail later that day to say the order had been dispatched by first class post. It arrived this morning about 10 O'Clock!

If there was an award for best retailer FLO would certainly get my vote.

Well done FLO, please pass on my thanks to all your staff.

• Like 1

I don't have 50 posts but....

Bought an EQ Direct module with an HEQ5 from FLO in January, arrived next day but that's not what this is about. Wednesday night, had a problem with it (first night since Jan that I've got out), dropped FLO an e-mail Thursday and had a reply from Martin at 12.43 to say that there are many things that could go wrong including the PC, software etc. but the only way to be sure is to test with a new EQDirect module that they would send, next day it arrived before 12.00 with a pre-paid envelope to return either the old or new pending testing. I mean, where else can you get this sort of service, its brilliant, amazing.... unbelievable.... Suffice to say that in future for all my astro purchases if I can get it at FLO I'll be buying from FLO.

Thanks and sorry for posting where I shouldn't...

• Like 3

I had a bit of a shock recently when I found a Field Flattener I bought 6 months ago from FLO had developed an optical fault. Now although this item comes with a 2 year guarantee in the box, I lost sleep worrying about this because it's the type of fault that's easy to blame on being mishandled etc. (It's been fitted to a permanent Obsy setup so only handled twice!... but none the less you worry how you prove this)

Anyway, I emailed FLO with the details and photos asking really if there was anything I could do to stop it getting worse or if it was a known fault, temperature induced pinching etc.. Within 30 minutes I had a reply back from Martin saying they hadn't heard of this problem but "don't worry I will send you another with SAE for the return" At the best I was expecting a send it back for us to look at type of reply. The replacement arrived the next day!

Now I have bought the majority of my kit from FLO but this is the first time I've had to deal with something faulty.. and I'm totally impressed with FLO's world class customer service. After sales service...That is the reason for dealing with a company and not because they are the cheapest you can find on the web. In fact I was so impressed with this service that I decided to bring forward my planned summer purchase of a DMK for solar imaging now I don't have to replace the FF :grin:

So there you go .. World Class Customer Service... you know it makes sense.. :icon_salut:

• Like 2

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Martin and the team,

I emailed First light optics asking if they had any 6mm Baader Classic Orthos in stock and Martin emailed me back saying that they had one left in stock. I was at work at the time and emailed him back from my smartphone asking if he could put it aside for me and i would order it from my main PC when i got home that evening. He said he would and just to put a note on the order saying "Hidden on Martins desk". So that evening (Thursday) i ordered the eyepiece and added the note. On Saturday morning the eyepice arrived, all very well packaged.

Im a very happy bunny and i cant wait for first light with this eyepiece. Thanks again guys, very much appreciated.

Richard

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a sky watcher auto focuser on Tuesday with a fringe killer filter and it arrived this morning.

Once again excellent service from FLO and this time no clouds were used in the packing!

FLO, I luv you man...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have placed a couple of orders with FLO and on both occasions the items have arrived very promptly, and well packed.

The latest has been a couple of EP's. Ordered late on Wednesday and one of the items arrived on Friday. The second was out of stock on back order "due in 2-3 days" and it arrived just one day later on Saturday. The available item was shipped straight away separately (at no extra cost to me) which I was very happy about.

Throughout the process I got emails to let me know what had been ordered and dispatched, and could follow the order status online, including tracking the fed-ex packet.

All in all I am very happy with the promptness, and communications from FLO, and will be using them in the future.

• Like 1

Had a bit of a problem due to a mistake that I made when ordering a product from FLO. I was a bit worried having paid a few hundred pounds on something that was not in stock. I emailed FLO and didnt get a reply, instead, I got a phone call from Martin to put my mind at rest and if I would like a full refund or they will get the item for me within a month or so. Hows that for business. That probably why FLO will be in business for many years to come. Regards Martin. Steve

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I placed an order for 2” Baader Solar Continuum Filter and 2” Baader Neutral Density Moon Filter with First Light Optics at around 8:20am last Wednesday. A minute or two after placing my order I received an email confirmation of my order, and another email was received around 4pm the same day informing me that the order had been dispatched. Less than 48 hours later, both items were in my possession. They were both well packed in bubble wrap to ensure they arrived safely.

Very simple and smooth transaction from start to finish.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Another very simple transaction with First Light Optics. I placed an order for an AstroMedia Sun Projector Kit (http://www.firstlightoptics.com/astromedia-astronomy-model-kits/astromedia-the-sun-projector-kit.html ) as part of an astronomy related birthday present for a very enthusiastic young budding astronomer. I placed my order on Wednesday 5th at around 1:05pm and received a confirmation email almost immediately. Just over 3 hours later I received another email informing the item had already dispatched. And it arrived the very next day. As quick and smooth as could be hoped.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I've bought a number of astro goodies from First Light Optics now and they have all arrived well packaged, with great communication and very quickly! One of my most recent purchases was a pair of WO Binoviewers on the FLO clearence thread. These Binoviewers had only been used once at an event and FLO had discounted them significantly! Not only did they arrive well packaged and quickly, I also noticed that the Barlow had a 1.25" Baader Neodymium IR cut filter attached! These arn't the cheapest of filters as many of you know so I emailed the service desk to let them know about the stowaway :D As this isn't the cheapest of filters I pretty much expected them to send me out a self addressed padded envelope to return it. However, they basically said that they hadn't noticed the filter but don't worry about it! I could have quite understood if they thanked me for honesty and kindly asked for the filter back because after all they have a business to run, so I am very thankful to FLO for letting me keep the very useful stowaway, thank you very much indeed FLO! :)

p.s. I guess now I have binoviewers there will be some calma when it comes to buying eyepieces from you guys :D

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've ordered a few small items from FLO in the past and never had any problems. So, having recently sold my flat in the city and moving to darker skies in the peak district, I had some money left over from the sale which was begging to be used on an upgrade.

For some time I have wanted to upgrade to a celestron C11. I had checked out the prices on their website some time ago but more recently had noticed that you now need to call for a quote. I called FLO on three ocassions, each time leaving a message on their answer phone. I left my name, telephone number and a brief message outlining that I would like a price on the C11. After a week of waiting I decided to take my business elsewhere. After contacting another supplier I received my C11 the following day.

I would have liked to have given my business to FLO but they missed out on my custom because of a simple lack of comunication. I'm no businessman but I would have thought that any communication that could lead to a possible sale should always be followed up. It's a good job Alan Sugar isn't a partner otherwise you know what he would say!

Anyway, I'm still waiting for my call back two and a half weeks on. So if anyone from FLO reads this then don't worry about contacting me now. I'm already sorted.

Brian