SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

Just superb service yet again from the ladies and gents at FLO.  Had problems develop with a motor focuser and remote control that I bought just after Xmas.  Returned and replaced with ease, speed and no fuss.

Thank you.  Greatly appreciated.

6 stars.

• Thanks 1

Been thinking about a light weight 4” refractor for a while and one that could be airline portable with some disassembly as my LZOS 105 is a bit heavy and needs a beefier mount. Found my finger hovering over the buy button of the FC-100DC all weekend before finally pulling the trigger at 23:30 on Sunday evening. Also added a dovetail and some tube rings.

Received an email early Monday afternoon stating order was complete and then communications from DPD the courier who provided a 1 hour slot on Tuesday to deliver the packages. I like DPD as you can track the driver so I headed home when the courier was 4 deliveries away and he showed up less than 10 mins after I did.

The box for the scope had taken a knock which had punctured the outside box and dented the inner second box, but Takahashi triple box with polystyrene inserts and chips so all seems fine. Hopefully that clear skies guarantee* holds true so I can actually use it some point this year!

Box1 and Box 2

835230CC-D7D3-4842-AC18-15E4A61FCAB8.thumb.jpeg.862dec58ea83021993370805e184ba62.jpeg

Box 2 and Box 3

CDC822D7-F5B4-4D91-A993-33EC0F828225.thumb.jpeg.a8e6943151cc4deb34053a00c987f6e6.jpeg

*eventually

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Decided to add the Baader Click Lock 2” adaptor to my Takahashi FC-100DC. Also added an Astronomic 2” OIII filter as had been thinking about trying one out alongside my UHC for a while. Placed order very late Friday (after office hours). Received a dispatch confirmation the following Monday and was delivered Tuesday morning. Nice and easy.

63360B77-D416-456B-8C5D-0FCFA8490A39.thumb.jpeg.87709fa27e4f76955f10d3697e32ab9a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is becoming the watch Matthew build his full Tak FC-100DC set up (see the two posts above). The standard Takahashi finder mounting is a bit of pain if you transport the scope so I added the More Blue quick release finder base. Was out of stock with an expectation of 10-15 days for new supply. Registered to be told when it came back in. Email was sent last Friday so less than 10 days from when I flagged interest, but I didn’t notice till Saturday morning. Placed the order. Dispatched Monday and arrived the next day. Nice and easy.

EBCAAA2D-9E55-46B9-8E0F-90BE6FE67164.thumb.jpeg.11b00ea92e536d0a7928bbeca24d090d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Woo! 4 in a row(see three posts above). Is there a prize for that?. 😜

My Takahashi FC-100 continues to require extra bits and bobs. This time a bag to transport it around. Selected the Oklop 100/900 refactor bag. Should serve my needs well. Already use a larger version with my APM LZOS 130/1200.

Placed order at 12:45pm this past Friday. Received an email almost exactly an hour later stating the order was complete with a Royal Mail tracking number. Arrived the next day before lunchtime. Great!

IMG_3987.thumb.jpeg.11855dd2d5b4ae0cefff6056cf57c2ee.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I needed a few goodies to cheer me up, so ordered them from FLO yesterday about 2.30pm, dispatched an hour later, here at 10.30 this morning!!!! Wow, just wow. Can't think of another online retailer that is that quick. Many answers given to my pest like questions too previously. This is why FLO are the go to for me when it comes to astronomy purchases! Just the best customer service! Thank you FLO. :smiley: ( They know how to package things too, unlike another next day delivery company... )

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Preaching to the choir here but just had to say what fantastic service I had from FLO.

I was lucky enough to see they had 4 SeeStar S50's in stock on Monday evening,  I ordered one straight away and it was delivered Wednesday lunchtime!

Great service at anytime but amazing the week before Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Good after sales service is the mark of a good supplier. I have had to contact FLO on a number of occasions over the last few years for after sales service, and every time they have been extremely helpful, with very good communication, and most importantly, they have fixed the problem. I can't recommend them highly enough. 

Malcolm 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I posted on here SGL because my EQ5 black plastic cover had snapped on the top screw tried everything only thing I could do was bodge it with melted plastic. 

Was advised contact FLO so I did got a Email back from Alex said he would check if they had one or contact their supplier. 

The next day Alex got back to me he had found a unit sent photos but for some reason I could not see them. 

Sent me another email apologising which was unnecessary but he did with photos attached I could see. 

As I was in hospital I said I would contact him today all being well I did so this morning Alex got back to me with a way to pay for this non stock item it's now paid for and getting dispatched. 

The service went above and beyond I really appreciate it nothing less than five star treatment no wonder FLO have a very good reputation they are excellent and every employee. 

Paul 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1