Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

I thought an example of Steve's service would act as a nice counterbalance to some of the recent views expressed about other less satisfactory suppliers.

I phoned him yesterday at around 4:30pm and ordered a red dot finder. The post lady delivered it this morning at 9:30am.

How good a service is that!!!!

Mike

PS I originally typed "red light finder". Thought it didn't look right and changed it, thank goodness.

• Like 5

Yes totally, in the last 3 weeks I have phoned Steve a number of times in respect of some kit, and when he explains he has not got it in stock, but when they arrive he will post one out you know he will, thats the big difference. Also he answers his emails and his phone.

The massive difference also is that when he sends the kit, and a chimp like me messes things up, he has no problems at all assisting, now if that does not set a decent standard then what does, all respect to the guy, I think he will go from better to better, all credit to him and FLO.

I have already come to the conclusion that FLO will be my first point of contact before I go elsewhere.

• Like 2

Not been a SGL member very long but in my few dealings with him Steve is polite, friendly, informative and goes that extra yard. (i.e. phoning me over Easter hols to advise about an order) 8)

My sort of salesman!! :D

Thanks Steve

Bill£

• Like 1

I ordered my first item from Steve at the weekend - a copy of Starry Night Pro Plus.

I've been down the road for a couple of days and was pleasantly surprised to find a call from Steve on my answer machine, when I got back tonight, confirming despatch and estimated delivery.

An email was waiting for me too.

Unfortunately, I'm off down the road in the early hours for another 2 or 3 days so I won't be there when it arrives but I can collect from the depot later (no big deal).

I can't think of any other companies I've dealt with that send emails AND leave phone messages. A nice personal touch.

Thanks Steve :D

I'll be ordering a Lightbridge very soon - just a couple of things to sort out first.

As service seems to be the topic of the month I thought I'd add my own praise of Steve and Aunty FLO :D

IMO, Steve has nailed the key factors in good customer service:-

- Set accurate customer expectation as early as possible

- Make sure the customer is kept informed

That's why I'll be shopping with Aunty FLO again!

Thanks Steve

Tony

• Like 1

I think I've identified the source of the orange haze thats been so widespread recently - all the compliments (well deserved) for the service received from Auntie FLO are causing an orange corporate glow to emanate from the Exeter area :shock:

But seriously, I've dealt with nine different retailers in the last year and only one has been consistent in keeping me informed with progress or explaining when kit will arrive and so on and thats Steve. My astro pounds are coming under closer scrutiny now from my CFO (an inadvertent consequence of that good customer service!) but Steve is definitely my first port of call!

I just got my EQ6 Pro from Steve.

It just about arrived within an hour of Steve's ETA....

Its kind of strange ordering astro kit and not wondering what will be the next hold up...

Here's to ya Steve/FLO...

I remember when I bought my Skywatcher from Steve last November - I placed the order online, received a confirmation email and within a couple of days, the 'scope was delivered. Since then I've bought a few more (small items) and the service has always been superb - and that's great for me 'cos I'm an impatient sod :D

Well done Steve - the service you provide is very much appreciated by us all!

I'll see your "good service" and raise you a "no quibble refund"!

I had been looking for an electronic focussor for the 130PM and had just ordered a focussor from FLO when, literally 10 minutes after the purchase, I found out that the the focussor would not fit my scope. I contacted Steve at FLO, and although the focussor had ALREADY been posted - this must have been no more that 30 mins from the sale - Steve immmediately agree to a return and refund. :D

Yep, they are a class act at FLO.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi from Callington,

We run an astronomy group in Cornwall and this Saturday (05 May), we hosted a roadshow from First Light Optics. Steve visited us for the second time with his colleague Greg and they brought with them a varied selection of telescopes and accessories. The evening was a great success and a opportunity to see all the lovely goodies available which you can normally only view on websites.

On behalf of all of our members we would like to thank Steve and Greg for giving up their Saturday night to visit a very cloudy Cornwall! A great evening, thanks both!

Callington Community Astronomy Group

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just thought I'd add my praise to all the others. At the weekend I found a fault with the mount of my 6SE (loose grub screw on the azimuth gears, if you're interested). I 'phoned Steve on Monday and he gave me the option of trying to fix it myself, letting me know that this would not invalidate the warranty, or posting it back. As it was, I had to return it because I didn't have the right sized hexagonal allen key (I actually went and tried to get one, but a) they're metric and :lol: they're tiny - so no luck). I called Steve back on Monday afternoon, the mount was collected on Tuesday afternoon and returned, fixed, this morning. I've checked it and it's now working again. What was so good about the service were all the 'phone calls, letting me know when the couriers were coming to collect and drop off, and of course the understanding attitude on the other end of the 'phone. Thanks a bunch Steve. :thumbright:

Typically, it's just started to rain. :D

Now, where's the form I fill in to apply to get back all the clear nights I missed while the mount was away?

Cheers, Martin

I have to agree that it is the way in which companies deal with problems that show if they are good or bad.

Any old idiot can take your money - thats the easy part... It's getting the communication, delivery and after sales service right that's that hard part.

If something goes wrong - it's how you deal with the problem that counts.

Nowadays we live in a commodity world - most of the stuff available from one company is available from others - what makes a company stand out? After sales service. This can range from letting people know when things are going to be late to dealing with faulty or missing items.

I bought something from Steve back in June. I received an email telling me it was going to be late (not a problem, providing I know).

When the delivery arrives one of the two items are missing. I called steve and asked when I was going to get it and he said that he had already posted it (a month earlier). He said that he would post another one out the following day. He did and it arrived 36 hours later!

For after sales service, you cannot get better than that!

Ant

• Like 1

Steve called me yesterday after I purchased the Wo ZS SD 66 to tell me that although I had added 2 extra dew strips to the order (I had a 40 quid "daz" voucher to use up), the two strip didnt come to 40 quid and he still owed me some money. I told him to put it towards the SGL figting fund, for use on a certain item we may see in the future :D 8)

Just wanted to add my voice to the good feedback. Steve held the discounted scope for me for a week until I was sure i had the funds, then posted it out next day delivery. It arrived right on time and under budget, so you cant complain at that kind of service. Happy to do business with Steve and FLO.

• Like 1

I have just ordered a baader Mpc, I will upate on how long it takes to get to me. This product, though much advertised seems not to appear in the post, hence I have tried the ever reliable flo. I am sure that I will not be disapointed. :sunny: