Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

In my own experience, FLO is first class. I have ordered several items from them, including a scope, bins and eyepieces and have always been given the care and attention one looks for.

I give FLO my full recommendation. If they have what you're looking for, do not hesitate and order with confidence.

:happy11:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just had my first experience of dealing with First Light Optics.  Put the order in Sunday, got an email Tuesday, one item not available, I made an alternative purchase, the package arrived at my door on Thursdsay.  Forgot to mention, I live in Ireland, how is that for service?

I now where my next purchase will be made.

Paul

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

ordered a howie glatter laser late last night, it's arriving tomorrow...

they answered a query at almost 9:30pm on facebook, almost immediately... now THAT's premium customer service

i love you FLO and i want to have your babies ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ordered a few items from FLO now, on word of mouth recommendation, and I'm FAR from disappointed. Martin has been most helpful in assisting picking the right items for what I want to achieve within my budget. He'll query one way, but once I've explained, he isn't someone who gets all funny about not going with his recommendation, something I find quite refreshing. I also ran into a problem with the SW auto focuser my ex got me as a birthday gift from the kids, in that it stopped focusing. After explaining to Martin in a late night email, including the fact I'd stripped it down as far as I could to see if it was anything obvious (sadly not), I woke up this morning and was more than pleasantly surprised to see a replacement on it's way. And that was before my first coffee!!! Can't ask for better service than that!! Think I'm happy to say that the only time I wouldn't use FLO is if they're unable to source something, and even then, I believe they'd bust a gut to get hold of something they don't have in. Great work, you guys seriously rock and, imo, have a well deserved reputation of being the "GoTo" (pun intended) place for all things astro

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I needed an additional 5kg class counterweight for my Tele Optic Ercole Giro Alt Az Mount. It seems to have a standard diameter counterweight bar but I wanted to ensure the central bore hole in the weight was the appropriate size. I emailed my question to FLO and Grant responded quite quickly with a very precise measurement. Rather helpful for anyone else in the future, that information was added to the description of the counterweight.

I placed my order the next day and it arrived the following. And it is a perfect fit.

Helpful and simple transaction.

• Like 1

Great service yet again from FLO, they sent me a Sky-Watcher Evostar 72ED DS-Pro OTA and OVL field flattener promptly and well packaged:thumbsup:

the only dissapointment was that my packaging did not have a 'May Contain Clouds' sticker on it?. I was looking forward to the sticker it was the only reason I bought the scope?

seriously though thanks again Flo for a great service.

Tim

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I received my second order from this wonderful company on Friday. Again very well packaged and quickly delivered by DPD, the best courier too imo. I do like the sticker: " May contain clouds ", brought a grin to my face that did, does every time I see it as it is now on the box that contains my OTA. In fact I would say FLO are missing a trick there, I would pay good money for this kind of humorous sticker, they should produce  and sell more varieties! ?

All contact with the company has been very prompt and very good. Not so much with the second order which was very straight forward, but the first required some back and forth e mails, between me and the firm. I would say that other suppliers could learn a thing or two from this company, not mentioning names or anything... If there is a choice I will be using this company in the future, before any other, because of that excellent customer service. 

Thank you FLO, keep up the good work. ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'd just like to say a massive thank you to the good folks at FLO and to a gentleman known as Es Reid. 

I bought a re-collimated WO star 71 from FLO in May 2016 and had a slight problem with star shapes. I assumed it was down to needing to play with the tilt adjuster but never got round to it. 

Earlier this year, after a change in cameras, I figured I'd try and improve my star shapes and tried to remove the tilt but to no avail. 

After getting in contact with FLO to see if there was anything that could be done, they asked me to return my scope. After a few emails back and forth, I was told that Mr Reid had taken apart the scope, cleaned it, put it back together and re-collimated it yet again and that it looked good on his bench and would be returned shortly. 

I've just managed to do a quick star test in between the clouds and my stars are the best they've ever been, even with my Canon 6d.

So once again, a huge thank you to everyone at First Light Optics as you have once again proven that you guys are the very best telescope vendor out there and that your after sales customer care is second to none. 

Also a massive thank you to Mr Es Reid for doing the work and fixing my scope. 

And last, but definitely not least, thank you to Grant for keeping me updated and responding to my (probably annoying) emails. 

• Like 7

I returned my Opticron Adventure 8 x 42 T WP binoculars to FLO for re-collimation. As things turned out I had dropped or banged them at some point so FLO offered to send them to Opticron for repair and re-collimation for an agreed fee of £25 plus any other costs that may arise. 

Well today i received my binoculars back in good order and re-collimated by Opticron for NO CHARGE. FLO didn't even charge me for next day postage ?.

This is just marvelous! I just can't say how happy i am! ????

Thank you FLO and Opticron! 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Huge "Thank You" to Martin and the guys at FLO.

Purchased an eyepiece from them (Panaview 32mm) however needed it quickly as am moving house.

From the moment I first messaged FLO their service was superb. Martin got right back to me, explained my options, stock, etc and also let me know exactly what was going on all through my order process. Got the eyepiece the very next day and have to say am delighted with their customer service.

Wish all retailers were this good.

Cheers 

Richard

• Like 1

I bought an EFW off one of the members on here but had to buy a different size carousel which I knew from the start.  Ordered new carousel from FLO.

It arrived but me not being particularly great at mechanical stuff installed it incorrectly and the wheel would not turn.  ?

E Mailed FLO after normal opening hours not really expecting a reply until the following day and got not just one, but 3 replies to my "what have I done wrong" question, and I didn't even buy the EFW from them.  

They also kept me up to date with the supply of the item in the first place as it took a few days to get it from Atik. 

Great service.

EFW working fine now BTW

Carole 

Edited by carastro
  • Like 3

• Helen locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Just want to say about the great service I have just had from FLO.

I contacted them just over a week ago and Martin got straight back to me. I was after 2 locking bolts for my EQ3 balance weights. He went out of his way to see if they were available, which they were. He kept me informed with several emails and they have just arrived. The total cost was only £5 inc p+p. 

Great service. I can not recommend them highly enough.

Steve.

• Like 2

I would just like to say thanks to FLO especially Martin who has answered many questions over the last month or so. Each time I have received a timely and informative response to my questions. 

Even though my scope was out of stock due to FLO’s stock being wiped out at Christmas I was informed when it would reach me and it was even sent direct to me to get here a little quicker. 

Thanks also for sorting the little discrepancy without any hassle, genuine good costumer service that will see me return without hesitation ?? 

• Like 2

I was really wanting some items for this weekend as I had planned a full strip down of my mount and replace bearings and do the Rowan belt modification.

I ordered the items from FLO and when I had not had an email to say the items had been shipped contacted FLO by email. A response within the hour explained one item was out of stock as their supplier had let them down.  Anyway to cut to the chase when I explained I really needed the items for weekend and the out of stock item was not important they had the rest of the items on their way next day delivery (DPD).

DPD had the items to my doorstep, despite the snow, by 10:00 am Friday morning.

So thanks to FLO & DPD for the great service.

Now where are my allen keys?

Steve

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

As a long-time customer of FLO, I'm used to excellent service on their part. This particular experience has made me rate them even more highly. I recently managed to get hold of a Feathertouch focuser second-hand, but needed a couple of adapters; these were listed as arriving in 30-40 days on the website and were at a very reasonable price compared to their European counterparts. I ordered late at night on 7th July, expecting to receive the order sometime in August. I then received an email on 15th July telling me that the order had been completed, and had the items by the next day; I couldn't be more pleased with the service!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well speedy dispatch of my ASI294MC Pro camera. Arrived today and it works - Great. Your attempt however to nullify cloud cover by not putting a label on the box didn't work... 🤔 Perhaps I should have bought the cloud gun too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After being in the market for another skywatcher 130PDS to replace the one that got damaged, I instantly went to the FLO website to place the order.
To my dismay the scope was showing a 7-10 day wait time. I emailed FLO who responded to a series of emails within a few hours. 
It transpired that there was none in the country but was expecting some in the next week or so.

Follow up emails then got sent a week or so later to obtain up-to-date information regarding when they would be coming in and once again I had emails back within a few hours.
The order was placed along with a few other items and today I had an update to say that my parcel had been dispatched and will be with me tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I pretty much solely shop with FLO when buying new astronomy kit. Here are just a few reasons why -Fast friendly responses to any questions, super fast delivery of items in stock, they only stock items they believe in, and they sort out any problems efficiently and with no fuss or arguing.

Here are some reasons that make them shine - Years ago on a thread regarding a FLO bought Vixen bino telescope I mentioned that my wife and I had just had twins. FLO out the blue sent us some baby grows and towels and a card! More recently they've started loaning me beginner scopes to review for my YT channel, and I know they have done the same for another SGL members channel. All for the good of the astro community!

As you can imagine I have a lot of respect for them.  

• Like 1

At 0830 on Friday morning, a Sky-Watcher 3/8s steel tripod leg shed a foot and an unknown metal fitting from the inside.

I immediately emailed FLO for advice. Mid morning I received an email from Martin informing me Sky-Watcher UK will send me a complete replacement tripod leg if I'm happy with that arrangement.

Obviously I agreed and the very well packaged leg arrived via FedEx today (Monday).

Thanks Martin at FLO for the excellent service.

• Like 1

I wanted an upgrade on my Vixen's focuser. She's an old girl now - probably at least 30 years old or so - and I felt she really deserved a little treat. Before I ordered a Moonlite my first stop was to contact FLO for help. The team was fantastic, answering all my questions and offering me some great advice. I really appreciated this help for it just gives one peace of mind knowing that everything is in safe and knowledgeable hands.

The Moonlite arrived in Spain this morning via DHL in under 48 hours. Absolutely courier proof, packaged in two seriously well padded/protected boxes, I fitted the Moonlite and it is every bit as good as I had hoped. Now the Vixen's fluorite can get down to some serious business.    

Thanks once again to FLO for your great service. 100% recommended :thumbright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My apologies to members;  could not find a topic for this, so I had to create one.

I lost my 1.25" eyepiece adapter at a star party in September, so I needed a replacement.  I looked around all the online vendors in North America (I'm Canadian), and extraordinarily, could only find two.  Then I looked at FLO.  I've always wanted to support them, since they support this forum.  They just never had what I needed at the right time/price.  Remarkably, the price was one-half the American dealer's!  So I ordered the part from FLO on 14 October, and it arrived this morning, 25 October.  It fits even better than the original.  Thank you, FLO!

• Like 3

Flo have been great helping me get my new rig together in time.   I broke and decided that I wanted a small rig for large DSO's, like the whole of M42, Andromeda, or the horse head and flame, amongst other targets.

Already having a ZWO ASI290MM and a Canon 70D.   I decided that I wanted to give them a better home and was looking at lots of things online.  My purchase, was split between two orders.   It went like this....

1. William optics SpaceCat 51

2. Star Adventurer Pro Pack

3. Skywatcher stainless steel tripod.

Which I ordered and walked down the shops for lunch.   When i got back, I'd been thinking and decided that I was going to add a guide scope.    So, I ordered a ZWO Mini Guide scope, and the vixen mount to attach it to the top of the SpaceCat51.   After speaking with FLO. I was able to add them to the same delivery.  The mount for the guide scope was also something I'd asked about, and it fits great.

I've now got a new simple to setup mount that should be great for wide field and large deep sky object work.

Martin at Flo was very helpful in making sure that I didn't miss any small parts that I needed to get everything up and running.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterdy lunchtime I Ordered an Astronomik 12nM Ha Clip in filter for EOS APS-C. I needed it quickly so contacted Martin for assistance.

It was sent by DHL express (additional charge but not excessive) and is sitting on my desk - in Galway in the West of Ireland- barely 25 hours after placing the order.

If only all online supplier were this helpful and efficient.

David.

• Like 2