SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

6 hours ago, Piero said:

Merry Christmas Mike!

I wish we lived closer so that I could show you what the razor Zeiss zoom can do on the moon. 

The HR also offers "delight" views! :hiding: :headbang:

Happy Christmas to you too, Piero, it would be good indeed to meet up and compare notes on a clear night. "If the fates allow...", as the old Christmas song goes, who knows?  :icon_santa:

In the mean time, I hope you have plenty of clear skies - something we all could use more of - and all goes well for you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The post person (So pc me) delivered something I have desired for quite some time.

TV Nagler Zoom 3-6mm ?

C9B51B77-B335-439F-B697-E2814AF4320E.thumb.jpeg.14165447b432f894ddd4c88d56a28820.jpeg

Obviously it’s now clouded out for the next week, but then I have just had two clear nights while visiting Herefordshire, 

now if I had my scope rather than binos I would be ecstatic rather than slightly ecstatic.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

Delivered by Hermes  from Scotland , amazingly received in one piece ?? 127mm mak 

127 mm  mak

Don't do Hermes down too much.
I have used them several hundred times and all delivered in one undamaged piece, one single parcel lost form 226 sent in 4 years.
The Mak is a solid bit of kit, so should survive in the postal system ok.

Nice scope you have received.

• Like 1

A nice 2nd hand Sigma 10-20mm EX DC HSM from Camera Jungle, described as excellent but I cannot find anything wrong with it. Spotless optics & still with the plastic film covering badge on the side.

Can't wait to get some nice wide Milky Way shots.

IMG_0704.thumb.JPG.6bcacde8f3445fe282d3b0af23702cfa.JPG

• Like 3

New (refurbished) USB3 laptop with ZWO 224 planetary camera and CH4 filter.

All I have to do now is find a manual for the laptop online (none came with it) to work out the USB ports. I have 2 black, 1 blue (labelled SS) and 1 yellow (on the other side of the machine). And one of those 4 is USB3 and the others are USB2. I'll get there eventually ...

2018-01-16.jpg

11 minutes ago, Demonperformer said:

All I have to do now is find a manual for the laptop online (none came with it) to work out the USB ports. I have 2 black, 1 blue (labelled SS) and 1 yellow (on the other side of the machine).

I think that the convention was that USB3 sockets were generally Blue and were sometimes labelled SS so thats where I would start.

Ade

In 2018 I have had delivered a 2nd Vixen LVW 22mm eye piece, Celestron 2x Barlow, Pocket Sky Atlas Jumbo edition, Sky Catalogue Vol 2. 2000.0.

(3 more, the final 3, eps to come)

Photography: a Zeiss Touit 50mm macro 1:1 lens

House insurance bill, credit card bill, energy bill.

Edited by 25585

2 hours ago, Helen said:

A late Christmas present from Mike... A piece of history that is is special for me - Voyager fired my astronomy curiosity 30+ years ago :icon_salut:

Helen

IMG_20180108_173056.jpg

MVIMG_20180108_173242.jpg

No wonder it was late. Even so, how did he get it back so quickly? ;) 

• Haha 1

The Post person today brought me.........

IMG_3029.thumb.JPG.64213e50b721737a755b73c68b274cd7.JPG
A brand new Meade Series 3000 5mm Plossl, Made in Japan, still in its plastic bag and BC&F price tag of £53.
It really is unused and I opened the plastic bag.

IMG_3031.thumb.JPG.71a8781dbdefe20ea2026fb9bbdc0b59.JPGIMG_3033.thumb.JPG.c6e15e649938d433af9d0c1a0a1e2e42.JPG

Bought out of curiosity and to go with my treasured Series 3000 9.5mm Plossl (Japan).

Sadly this may now turn into a series 3000 Japan obsessive run of purchasing, fortunate they are so reasonable in price.
The EP is obviously short eye relief, but the eye lens is recessed and very comfortable to nuzzle your eye into.

Does it show it has been cloudy? :happy10: 

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

I am very interested in the bag, what model is it?

Alan 

Hi Alan, 

It's a Manfrotto Active Shoulder Bag 7 for Camera (MB MA-SB-A7). It's a bit bigger than what I thought, but holds my small set of eyepieces nicely. :) 

It is well padded (about 1cm on each side) and it seems of good quality. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2