SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

On 09/03/2018 at 18:28, 25585 said:

Well, since last time; a 2nd Skywatcher ST 80, 2nd WO RACI diagonal, 2nd TV 40mm Plossl - I am  assembling a pair of astro bins. Initially, if it works, 10 x 80.

Also a 2nd Tak clamp as my other "ring" for the DL.

Now I know what you wanted my 40mm TV Plossl for!

Looking forward to seeing that in the future.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trynda1701 said:

Now I know what you wanted my 40mm TV Plossl for!

Looking forward to seeing that in the future.

Got some stuff from FLO coming tomorrow, just bolts etc. The ones that come with a ST80 dovetail bar are too big. 

Nothing new, though I did receive delivery of repaired Sphinx SXW from Vixen, over a week late due to the ‘ Beast from the East’.  Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling as I recalled just how pretty it looked in it’s packaging when it arrived the first time round back in 2014 ?

353B0694-D9C5-48B6-9227-0D60ACF75215.jpeg

• Like 5

On 13/03/2018 at 16:29, JeremyS said:

Fujiyama HD-OR 5mm and 7mm eyepieces

CamKix case for eyepieces - my second one of these, this one dedicated to high power viewing

Tracer LiFePO4 16 Ah battery

IMG_8188.JPG

IMG_8189.JPG

IMG_8190.JPG

IMG_8191.JPG

Jeremy, those cases do look like they might be pretty useful.  Are they waterproof, that is sealed or does it just zip closed?  Also do you reckon they’d be deep enough to take a set of Nagler T4s?

1 minute ago, DeepSkyMan said:

Are they waterproof, that is sealed or does it just zip closed?  Also do you reckon they’d be deep enough to take a set of Nagler T4s?

They are not waterproof DeepSkyMan. The closure is a zip. They'd provide protection from dew and damp, though. They are actually designed to hold GoPro cameras, but you can configure them as you wish by plucking the foam cubes.

I don't have a Nagler T4 so i don't know if that would fit. I have a set of 1.25 inch Pentax XL's and they are too fat.

14 hours ago, JeremyS said:

They are not waterproof DeepSkyMan. The closure is a zip. They'd provide protection from dew and damp, though. They are actually designed to hold GoPro cameras, but you can configure them as you wish by plucking the foam cubes.

I don't have a Nagler T4 so i don't know if that would fit. I have a set of 1.25 inch Pentax XL's and they are too fat.

Hmmm in that case the T4s are gonna be just a bit on the big side methinks?.  Was looking for something a little bit smaller than my Maplin heavy duty flight cases, to clear up some space in the car when travelling.  Thanks for the feedback anyways.

Paul.

Edited by DeepSkyMan
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, DeepSkyMan said:

Hmmm in that case the T4s are gonna be just a bit on the big side methinks?.  Was looking for something a little bit smaller than my Maplin heavy duty flight cases, to clear up some space in the car when travelling.  Thanks for the feedback anyways.

Paul.

If you look at Jeremy's link to Amazon, they do seem to do larger size versions which might be big enough for your Naglers?☺

Dave

My expected new old stock Parks Gold Series Pseudo Masuyama 3.8mm arrived from the USA today☺.

Here's a pic of it next to my 7.5mm, which it dwarfs..

I've added more details on my Eyepiece forum thread "Going retro vintage Japanese glass"..

Dave

IMG_20180315_184846273.jpg

IMG_20180315_183339352.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, 25585 said:

I am waiting for my last 2 eps ever to be delivered. Both buys on ebay from the US. 

I have had a couple lost in the past, qudos to ebay for refunding both. 

Any clues on the eyepieces 25885?

I can’t believe they are the last. After all, we’ve got the Vixen HR 3.4 mm to look forward to next month :happy7:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Any clues on the eyepieces 25885?

I can’t believe they are the last. After all, we’ve got the Vixen HR 3.4 mm to look forward to next month :happy7:

An Erfle and a Vixen LV. I have a Pentax XW 3.5 already, Vixen HR has too short eye relief for me.

• Like 1

All these people buying eyepieces...  I wonder if they know something I don't - I mean are they special see-through-the-clouds-and-rain devices or something??? :D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

Gina I am looking at scopes as well as eyepieces, it’s the cloud that is making this happen of course.

Now if someone could invent a cloud cutting scope, that would sell well in the UK 

They have already, though you may hit a few planning issues!

image.thumb.png.67463e66880a8c4411c957e624928de1.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, F15Rules said:

..Gasping for breath sounds.."my - last - two - eps - ever"...

If you say so, if you say so...:grin::grin:

Dave

Had a couple of disappointments from purchases based on advertised specs, so time to stop and sell some off perhaps. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Had a couple of disappointments from purchases based on advertised specs, so time to stop and sell some off perhaps. 

Yup, I even have the t-shirt!

image.png.ab10ad4446bf64c62f96f60ada54553a.png

Edited by Ama Noody
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Alan White said:

Gina I am looking at scopes as well as eyepieces, it’s the cloud that is making this happen of course.

Now if someone could invent a cloud cutting scope, that would sell well in the UK 

What scope type/size are you considering Alan?