NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

5 hours ago, leo82 said:

Yesterday the postman very kindly bought me an 8mm BST starguider, well he left me a note and I had to pick it up after work. Luckily, they are open until 8pm on Wednesdays. Dunno when I’m gonna get to try it out though, forecast is nothing but cloud all week!

13AD459D-B324-468A-94F8-ABD9F7119374.jpeg

Great on planets and double stars 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, leo82 said:

Yesterday the postman very kindly bought me an 8mm BST starguider, well he left me a note and I had to pick it up after work. Luckily, they are open until 8pm on Wednesdays. Dunno when I’m gonna get to try it out though, forecast is nothing but cloud all week!

13AD459D-B324-468A-94F8-ABD9F7119374.jpeg

I got one of these ^^^ the other week too :-D

This morning it got even better - courtesy of faulksy's broken clutch I got one of these \/\/\/\/  Aren't I a lucky person?

XW5.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Finally got my Berlebach Planet Tripod, meant to be a Xmas present (thanks FLO) but I sweet talked the missus into leting me have it now. This was double packed and just feels and oozes quality, fantastic piece of kit and well chuffed. Have took some photo's with my mount and scope on it and will post later. It came with the DM6 head, double clamps, and both sets of feet. 

ADeJjL.jpg

vOs9HB.jpg

• Like 6

I'm having an exciting time too - this just came to replace the one I got three days ago with a flaw in the small end lens.  (What a disappointment that was!)

William Optics SPL 3mm.  x200 in the ST120 - very nice.

And it promises to be clear this evening!

Doug.

P1050992.JPG

Edited by cloudsweeper
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Timebandit said:

Present, and its not even Christmas?

IMG_20170908_032901.thumb.jpg.5b8e9da201b9f422fd660fb45e190568.jpg

Vixen LVW13 ?

23 hours ago, Alan White said:

Grrrrr :wink:

I take it you are not a fan of my LVW Alan?. I Maybe looking for a 22 if all goes well. Maybe you are looking to move your 22LVW on ??

18 hours ago, JOC said:

I got one of these ^^^ the other week too :-D

This morning it got even better - courtesy of faulksy's broken clutch I got one of these \/\/\/\/  Aren't I a lucky person?

XW5.jpg

Hey you have got my eyepiece?. I was trying to persuade Mike(Faulksy) to sell me this 5XW for ages, without success. If I had of know that all it took was to take my spanners round to his house and doctor his clutch , it would of been in my eyepiece case?. I had to dig deep and buy a new one. 

In all seriousness Mike I am sorry you had to sell your XW's, as I know you rated them highly . Hopefully you have got your clutch sorted and will have better luck in the new year ?

2 hours ago, Timebandit said:

take it you are not a fan of my LVW Alan?. I Maybe looking for a 22 if all goes well. Maybe you are looking to move your 22LVW on ??

No, I like your 13mm very much, you beat me to it in the For Sale section when Dave f15rules put it up for sale.

As for the 22mm LVW, Oh No, that's not moving from me.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2017 at 14:28, Alan White said:

Nice Mr Postman has delivered today:

IMG_0266.thumb.JPG.fbedb69bc0a781b271af8d14ae171a13.JPG

Very pleased with the nearly new Pentax XW 10mm purchased from a forum member.
But have to say, its far bigger than I was expecting, build quality is superb, the best EP in my present stable.
Makes my 11mm Tele Vue Plossl look a tiddler, as indeed it is.

IMG_0269.thumb.JPG.09e9296776ae11f81a30a0a73c2f58b6.JPG

Bought on a whim, now on Beans without toast for quite a while.....
I now very much look forward to first light, of course its clouded out, but of late when isn't it.

Well done Alan, you beat me to it by a whisker .......!:mad:.....................:cry:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Timebandit said:

Hey you have got my eyepiece?. I was trying to persuade Mike(Faulksy) to sell me this 5XW for ages

LOL!  Well if it makes you feel any better I'm a beginner (well I've had about a dozen viewing sessions in the last year and against the ages that some of you have spent at it I still feel like a beginner) and I'm hoping that the investment in some good kit will give me views good enough and easy enough to see (re: eye relief) to inspire me to continue - keep and eye on buy and sell, you never know, my clutch might give in one day (but I hope it doesn't!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Looks like we are all buying nice eyepieces at present.
Also it's a fastest to the draw situation, some you win some you loose.

NO.......... some of us are just trying to  :icon_biggrin:

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alan White said:

I'm actually waiting for 2 Baader adapters and something from Switzerland :) , but they will take a while to arrive...hopefully for Christmas..  :(  

oh well, they will arrive at some point! :) 

1 minute ago, Piero said:

I'm actually waiting for 2 Baader adapters and something from Switzerland :) , but they will take a while to arrive...hopefully for Christmas..  :(  

oh well, they will arrive at some point! :) 

An AYO mount perhaps?  If yes, please tell us more, I rather hanker for one.

If not I hope its a nice chocolate bar ;-)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Alan White said:

An AYO mount perhaps?  If yes, please tell us more, I rather hanker for one.

If not I hope its a nice chocolate bar ;-)

Yup. an AYO II! :)  Looking forward to it! 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 13:09, Alan White said:

That is how I managed to get my 10mm XW Pentax. On AB&S it was the very latest ad so was able to snap it up.

Yesterday the postman brought this one along and the last two nights have been clear!!

I'm just getting back into observing (rather than imaging - which I will continue) and it has been great seeing old friends back in the sky. My view of M42 was the best I have ever seen in the 17mm (in a 10" SW flex tube dob)

and also had nice views of M81,82 the eskimo neb, M1, M36 and the double cluster. No more eyepiece spending from now on as I'm also on beans on toast for some time to come. I'm really looking forward to the next Kelling with dark skies.

Dave

BH-17mm.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dave Smith said:

That is how I managed to get my 10mm XW Pentax. On AB&S it was the very latest ad so was able to snap it up.

Yesterday the postman brought this one along and the last two nights have been clear!!

I'm just getting back into observing (rather than imaging - which I will continue) and it has been great seeing old friends back in the sky. My view of M42 was the best I have ever seen in the 17mm (in a 10" SW flex tube dob)

and also had nice views of M81,82 the eskimo neb, M1, M36 and the double cluster. No more eyepiece spending from now on as I'm also on beans on toast for some time to come. I'm really looking forward to the next Kelling with dark skies.

Dave

It's like the OK Coral at present Dave.

How comes you are still able to afford the toast as well as the beans after two eyepieces?   
That's not fair, we are on a diet of beans only till payday ;-) so best keep away from this end of Essex for a while!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alan White said:

It's like the OK Coral at present Dave.

How comes you are still able to afford the toast as well as the beans after two eyepieces?   
That's not fair, we are on a diet of beans only till payday ;-) so best keep away from this end of Essex for a while!

It a good job then I saved you from yourself and pulled the trigger on the LVW first. Otherwise you would of been on a diet of bread and water ? ?  ?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

It a good job then I saved you from yourself and pulled the trigger on the LVW first. Otherwise you would of been on a diet of bread and water ? ?  ?

Indeed it was.
Even worse I nearly had the 5mm XW too.

Thankfully the Finance Officer noted my budget extension plans.

7 hours ago, Dave Smith said:

Dave

You just got in there first Dave, another member contacted me a mere 5 mins later!!! I'm pleased you are happy with it.

9 hours ago, Dave Smith said:

Dave

BH-17mm.jpg

Hi,

I recognise that eyepiece ;-)  and I'm glad that you're happy with it, I have lots of kit for sale on UKABAS at the moment including a 5mm Pentax XW if you're interested.

13 hours ago, A40farinagolf said:

Hi,

I recognise that eyepiece ;-)  and I'm glad that you're happy with it, I have lots of kit for sale on UKABAS at the moment including a 5mm Pentax XW if you're interested.

I would love to have your 5mm and the other Hyperion but simply no funds at the moment. Fortunately the 10mm XW does Barlow well.

Dave