Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

cat5.thumb.jpg.158e28246da962f0c4300cd76b4399e7.jpg

Just arrived, it's not an eyepiece, but just as useful for an imager who likes the warm, a drum of Steel wire armoured Cat5, to replace the ethernet over mains that's just failed (for the second time) in the obsy

Huw

• Like 2

Hi Dave,

I did, but I sold it along with other oculars to raise the funds for my Denkmeier binoviewers, with their 26mm prisms. It was, as you would expect, a difficult decision but I consoled myself with the knowledge that I would replace it at a later date, however, the one that Alan bought was my third attempt, Dave's (Smith)being the second, and the first was a while back and I do not recall who got that one. I do consider myself now a bino observer first and foremost, but they do not do everything  as well as you  would wish, and certainly, my best views of Saturn ever, have been with  the XW 10. That and the XW 7 were my main armament for splitting doubles. I will just have to be patient. :happy11:

• Like 1

This was in my post last week, having been firstly delivered to the wrong address (NOT the Sellers' fault, but Yodels':icon_scratch:).

DSC_0979.JPG.bda8ba2c2cb5e77d1d8b91cacfbe1f16.JPG

It turned out that this is the same Pentax Zoom I bought new in Spring 2016!! So, it has come home and I'm really looking forward to using it this winter season.

Very short first peek reminded me just how good the contrast on Pentax stuff is?.

Dave

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 4

Oh dear, the third eyepiece in a week! at least this time I managed to sell a couple of items to pay for it.

I now have 10mm XW, 17mm hyperion, 24mm hyperion, 32mm TV plossl and 30mm Moonfish. Also 2x and 3x barlows so am now happy.

There is an urgent need to now save as I would very much like to upgrade the focuser on my 250PX Flex tube dob and depending on how I get on with Barlowing the 10mm XW, may consider a 5mm XW.

Dave

BH-24.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, iPeace said:

DSC_1101.thumb.JPG.51808a49b5cdc515ba2f57a261c79ee3.JPG

Lens cap for my new Borg 71FL, which also arrives today...  :hello2:

The branding seemed appropriate, as Canon reportedly makes the fluorite objective for it.

:happy11:

The Borg doesn't come with a lens cap? 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, iPeace said:

I don't quite recall why I assumed it didn't...maybe I read it somewhere, or I just imagined it - getting older, don't mind me... :confused4:

We'll know soon, anyway...!

lol Yes we will, you get it today don't you :) I'm one of the many who's looking forward to seeing pics and hearing your thoughts!

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Lockie said:

lol Yes we will, you get it today don't you :) I'm one of the many who's looking forward to seeing pics and hearing your thoughts!

DSC_1102.thumb.JPG.9f903d108ccb7f6f6eb181371c6ab9fc.JPG

And here it is...!

Wish you could all be here for this - might have had to go out for more coffee and cakes, but what the hey - over to the other thread!

:hello2:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, I received the following items:

- Baader Pushfix Reducer (#2408151)

- Baader TAK-Adapter M43 (#2458199)

- T2 female cap

Now my Docter is a full time 2" eyepiece with M48 and T2 connections at the bottom. The Baader VIP becomes the de facto barlow for my heavier zoom and the Docter via T2. The M43 adapter allows to use the VIP with the Baader solar wedge without touching the 3ND filter. The Pushfix reducer also makes the Docter's focus position closer to my other 2" eps too. :) 

20171202_153720.thumb.jpg.479501f656abc51347da8705f1206d7f.jpg

Edited by Piero
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ags said:

It's not even a nice orange! But the ST80 moves nicely on the AZT6 mount now it can be mounted.

I doubt it's meant to be truly appealing - more to be appreciated for its wrongness.  :grin:  Glad you're sorted, anyway.