Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, 25585 said:

SW ED100 case, for my Tak 100

IMG_20180220_115521.jpg

IMG_20180220_115615.jpg

SW case for a Tak ?

That does not seem right really. May as well gone the whole hog and left the 100ed in it and saved a few quid.

Maybe you could remove the SW outside logo. And make it a FanTakstic case ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FLO sell ED100 cases separately. Only £10 more than a soft Vixen bag. I would have tried to use my Equinox 100 case, but that required removing the hood. Because ED standard scopes have non-sliding hoods as the FC does I figured that the Tak would fit, which it does, just. 

As can be seen, I had to remove some lid padding (to be replaced with thinner foam). 

The case takes a DL (with 2 inch extender removed) so will easily take a DC or DF. Three catches. I'm happier to take it places now. :) Weight difference in case compared to my Equinox 100 in its case is very noticably less. 

Just paint the lid a plain colour probably or cover with checker plate. 

Edited by 25585
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

It certainly does for me Steve, my pockets are not deep enough or full enough for a Tak.

Neither were mine. Partial savings, part loan paid for it. 

Now I find DL Taks are with lots of dealers - True Tech, Ian King, couple of other UK sellers, and some in Europe too, so there was no rush. 

Add the rest of the world & maybe Takahashi have made more than 100 for their 2nd run. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Weight difference in case compared to my Equinox 100 in its case is very noticably less. 

Just paint the lid a plain colour probably or cover with checker plate. 

Does that suggest the Equinox will hit the for sale boards soon?

The plain lid idea I understand,
but why not leave it in disguise and then surprise as the ED100 turns into a Tak, et Voila!   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alan White said:

Does that suggest the Equinox will hit the for sale boards soon?

The plain lid idea I understand,
but why not leave it in disguise and then surprise as the ED100 turns into a Tak, et Voila!   

Possible. Definitely possible. :icon_biggrin:

6 hours ago, Alan White said:

It certainly does for me Steve, my pockets are not deep enough or full enough for a Tak.

Hi Alan,

I understand where you are coming from.I cannot really justify the spend on one of these, but they are probably the best available at 4".

I recently told Dave (f15 Rules) that my Celestron ED102 c/w Moonlite and Baader T2 prism diagonal was a set up that would take some beating at 4" in a refractor without a lot more outlay and I believe that, so a part of me still hankers after a top flight model such as the Tak 100. Whether my eyes or indeed my skill as an observer , or both,would benefit is a moot point, I actually think not, but still the desire to own one is there.

I don't incidentally hanker after a 5" Tak, Tec, or otherwise, simply because they don't come in big white tubes 2 metres long,and have not been ingrained in the DNA these past five and half decades.:grin:

• Like 1

I will do an evaluation, in due course, of 100mm F9 Equinox v the 100mm F9 Tak. For all objects, then add 120 Equinox, also 900mm FL but F7.5. 

Long term but it will help me decide whether I need all 3. I have Smaug-like possesiveness  of my optics, unless a deal I can't resist comes along. 

7 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Takahashi are missing a trick here...buy a load of identical cases, slap a Tak logo on them and charge £200 each...Kerrrchinng!!:headbang::help::eek::thumbsup:

Dave

I would hope they would be better quality. Vixen also hard cases. 

This SW one "only" £79, part no 20891. Good value for what it is relatively considering a Vixen logoed soft bag was only £10 less. 

33 minutes ago, laudropb said:

The nice postie brought me this lovely eyepiece today. Bigger than I expected so put televue plossl for comparison.

Many thanks to Dave (F15 rules ) for a quick sale.

238AD299-F2AA-4650-A707-4D86EECEA01F.jpeg

I said much the same thing when the 10XW I had arrived, it dwarfed all my other small eyepieces.
Wonderful unit though, great views, enjoy.

Today I picked up a nice little parcel, and this is what it contained...a nice selection of Parks Gold eyepieces, made in Japan, and of the "Pseudo-Masuyama" design, optically the same or very similar to Celestron Ultima, Antares Elite and Orion Ultrascopic ranges..

They are all in excellent condition, boxed and with smooth barrels (NO undercuts to snag on?).

I have also sourced a 3.8mm sample (new old stock) in the USA which isn't arrived yet.

I'm very much looking forward to trying  these out in the Tak.. the 25 and 30mm in particular look fantastic.

I'll post more in the eyepiece forum when I've had first light (ie after The Beast from the East has passed over!).

Dave

IMG_20180226_183442662.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Today I picked up a nice little parcel, and this is what it contained...

Hi F15,

Sorry to say I am not familiar with the Parks brand. How do they perform? Are they more suited to slower / longer FL optics?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Today I picked up a nice little parcel, and this is what it contained...a nice selection of Parks Gold eyepieces, made in Japan, and of the "Pseudo-Masuyama" design, optically the same or very similar to Celestron Ultima, Antares Elite and Orion Ultrascopic ranges..

They are all in excellent condition, boxed and with smooth barrels (NO undercuts to snag on?).

I have also sourced a 3.8mm sample (new old stock) in the USA which isn't arrived yet.

I'm very much looking forward to trying  these out in the Tak.. the 25 and 30mm in particular look fantastic.

I'll post more in the eyepiece forum when I've had first light (ie after The Beast from the East has passed over!).

Dave

A beautiful line up Dave, and I am sure they will be superb.:headbang:

• Thanks 1