Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, HollyHound said:

I noticed you had the adaptor ring for sale for an FT on FC100. Also noticed that @FLO is showing "Unavailable" and 60-90 days (at least I guess) for all FT focusers now, so I can't imagine how long this lead in time must be 😮 Good luck 🤞

Thanks! Yes, a lot of the FT stuff is on very long (and quite uncertain) leadtimes currently. I think FLO have just put unavailable against a lot of these because they are unable to give a satisfactory service in terms of providing info because they can’t get the info from the supplier.

I may try my luck seeing if there is a used FTF2025BCR out there anywhere but I suspect not!

I thought it made sense to switch back to using the A20-302 adaptor and put the silver ring back on the FC100DC because then I can more easily switch focusers between them as I want ie it’s easier to unscrew that mess around with tiny Allen keys! 🤪

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HollyHound said:

Looks great, and the little FS-60CB is a fantastic scope... used as finder (dual scope) or just on it's own 😀

It's certainly true that getting "just one more" Tak is hard to resist 😁 

Thanks 😀.

I think I’ll keep the CQ module on the FS60C as it has more impact on the performance than on the 76 I think.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

I think I’ll keep the CQ module on the FS60C as it has more impact on the performance than on the 76 I think.

Oddly, I've gone the other way.... I've put mine back to being "just" an FS-60CB, mainly because I use it as a "finder" (dual mount) as well, and I just love those super wide views with an XW40 or Masuyama 26 😀

You're right though, it does transform that little scope, especially in terms of field curvature 👍

I'm trialling the 1.04x field flattener on my FC-76DCU and that fulfils the role nicely of a scope of "around 600mm" currently anyway, plus I do have the FOA-60Q for long focal length.... in fact, arguably I don't actually "need" the CQ module right now, but keeping it as if and when I ever travel with a scope, having all the four scope options in one little setup (two objectives, CQ extender and focuser) could be very useful indeed 🤔

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Up untill now all planets and lunar since re starting taken with the EQ5 SW single axis drive. sidereal rate. Finally dual axis drive. lunar rate. Uranus and Neptune should be easier to find in light polluted skies

Thanks to Gaz 81 for the drive, and flo for the Nevada PSU and lynx cable

Its nothing to some i know. But from what i was using its a big step up

DSC00250.jpg

We are expecting LRO style lunar pics now Neil! 😁

On 25/01/2022 at 11:31, Alan White said:

D630127F-D9F7-4F76-8484-65F0EF5197AD.thumb.jpeg.bbbf21cd95fcf75a3c6938948886f91b.jpeg

On 29/01/2022 at 10:34, JeremyS said:

image.thumb.jpg.3b18fdda2addea4f09617bc9c339da11.jpg

I’ve really been transported back to my youth!  I had both these books when I was starting out in astronomy and loved them. 🙂

• Like 5

On 29/01/2022 at 06:01, Saganite said:

Just arrived , to join the XW 30 purchased 12 months ago.  Having owned the 20mm, 10mm,  and  7mm in the past I was immediately struck by how small  it is .

IMG_2396.JPG

Congrats! next to that monstrous 30mm my Toyota would look small.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

We are expecting LRO style lunar pics now Neil! 😁

lol. I wish. Not far from optimum even with one drive and sidereal rate. Under the best conditions i could imagine a slight sharpening over previous though. Mainly by removing wobble. Also should lose less size due to less drift and or better tracking

we shall see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Cropper said:

Good heavens above. That picture needs some kind of Cert 18 warning!

58 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Those are seriously good looking rings! 

All from FLO if you fancy browsing and  flirting with temptation. A few members have them which swayed me. Doesn't take much to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having sorted the storage side of things out at home following some recent construction and renovation work, I’ve gone back to the good old 10” Dobs. It’s optically excellent and will no doubt provide lots of enjoyment in the months to come. Naturally upgraded the to the Astro Essentials RACI finder… excellent postal deliveries this week! Happy astronomer… let’s hope for clear skies at the weekend 🤞🏻F6D147E3-49DD-4AC5-BEA2-BF71268E8A60.thumb.jpeg.5ffae8c49f08ecd317e282af89f8981f.jpeg

Edited by Astro_Dad
  • Like 9