NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, LeeHore7 said:

Can you format it in a pc first maybe then put in dslr 

My furious caveman head went on and not to be beaten by wonky tech, certain drawers and cupboards were turned upside down. Lo and behold a donkey's years old pocket camera containing a 4GB SD card was found... and it worked. We have lift off! 🤪🤩😁🤳👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

My furious caveman head went on and not to be beaten by wonky tech, certain drawers and cupboards were turned upside down. Lo and behold a donkey's years old pocket camera containing a 4GB SD card was found... and it worked. We have lift off! 🤪🤩😁🤳👍

Houston we have lift off.......;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

I thought I heard the caveman language ftom here lol, I'm pleased you managed to source an sd card on your treasure hunt, I hope you manage to get a bigger card sorted for next time. I think the max size card for a 450d is 32gb. Let us know how you got on tonight 👍📷🔭🌌

Since it was showing as close to the cheapest its been on Amazon for a few years I decided to splash on a complement to my Pocket Sky Atlas ... I appreciate phone apps are probably better but I am enjoying paper maps! 🔭

8B78AA5F-930E-4B64-9100-EE7596864797.jpeg

• Like 10

The nice DPD guy dropped off a couple of Oklop carry bags of one for my ED120 and the other for my Altair 102 f/11.

As I find that I use the size and bulk of the flight cases for these two OTAs as an excuse for not using them, I thought I'd get padded carry cases to reduce the bulk and remove the chance to use that particular excuse.

Sadly, the bag for the 102 f/11 is a bit tight with the CNC tube rings attached and looks like it probably won't accommodate a handle even with the slimmer and lighter Skywatcher 102mm tube rings, but I haven't tried it yet so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Apart from the slightly tight dimensions I'm very happy with the quality and think they'll do what I wanted them to do.

IMG_20210406_123637.thumb.jpg.b5ab9ceb4ae4d534c0acdc9650722d70.jpg

Edited by AdeKing
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, AdeKing said:

The nice DPD guy dropped off a couple of Oklop carry bags of one for my ED120 and the other for my Altair 102 f/11.

As I find that I use the size and bulk of the flight cases for these two OTAs as an excuse for not using them, I thought I'd get padded carry cases to reduce the bulk and remove the chance to use that particular excuse.

Sadly, the bag for the 102 f/11 is a bit tight with the CNC tube rings attached and looks like it probably won't accommodate a handle even with the slimmer and lighter Skywatcher 102mm tube rings, but I haven't tried it yet so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Apart from the slightly tight dimensions I'm very happy with the quality and think they'll do what I wanted them to do.

IMG_20210406_123637.thumb.jpg.b5ab9ceb4ae4d534c0acdc9650722d70.jpg

The Oklop bags are decent quality and not terribly expensive. I've had the bag for small telescopes a couple of years. It's now evolved into my astro accessory bag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Oooh Manfrotto gear, how posh am I?

Maybe not... a very used but cheap, clean and working Manfrotto Art 134 monopod. Extending to 163cm, with the adapter and bins added it is perfect for my 6' 1/2" height.

1965029079_IMG_20210406_1551092782.thumb.jpg.20ab5562c52bdd857575c7f9e0b00274.jpg

If you’re into Nordic walking, you’ll need a second one of those 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Forgot to post a box shot, but this arrived last week and I fitted it this morning... a FeatherTouch Micro Pinion focuser for the Tak FC-76DCU 😃

Tested it just now (daytime) and it does feel really good... Not that the standard focuser is bad, just like a fine focuser 👍

62995E77-5CD3-4485-8CB1-300B37276AC3.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 11

Observing seat? As i have a sloping garden, the usual observing seat isn’t suitable. While observing the moon recently while high in the sky I found it getting uncomfortable to stay at the binoviewers for any length of time. I grabbed an off cut of 4x2 & sat with that behind me. I was able to concentrate on the views easily for long periods. The idea of a shooting stick came to mind & found this one used on fleabay. Seems like it’s going to be a good buy! 

E5B5D5B5-EB7D-46FD-8036-5F972B3F485F.jpeg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Forgot to post a box shot, but this arrived last week and I fitted it this morning... a FeatherTouch Micro Pinion focuser for the Tak  FC-76DCU 😃

Tested it just now (daytime) and it does feel really good... Not that the standard focuser is bad, just like a fine focuser 👍

62995E77-5CD3-4485-8CB1-300B37276AC3.jpeg

What no box shot! 😉 That's half the fun there 👍

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AdeKing said:

Sadly, the bag for the 102 f/11 is a bit tight with the CNC tube rings attached and looks like it probably won't accommodate a handle even with the slimmer and lighter Skywatcher 102mm tube rings

Wot...no handle, Ade??? 😱😂

Dave

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Sky-searcher said:

Observing seat? As i have a sloping garden, the usual observing seat isn’t suitable. While observing the moon recently while high in the sky I found it getting uncomfortable to stay at the binoviewers for any length of time. I grabbed an off cut of 4x2 & sat with that behind me. I was able to concentrate on the views easily for long periods. The idea of a shooting stick came to mind & found this one used on fleabay. Seems like it’s going to be a good buy! 

E5B5D5B5-EB7D-46FD-8036-5F972B3F485F.jpeg

Just make sure it’s the right way up before sitting down 😬

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

The book - Astronomical wonders and a diagonal in a nice box. It's tiny. The only Takahashi product i shall own for the foreseeable future. Funds are due to be diverted to the hospitality sector as i wish to see Family and Friends and be merry.

PXL_20210407_112335666.jpg

Edited by Dean Hale
  • Like 11