SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

I’ve thought off and on about a route into H-Alpha solar observing for awhile now as I’ve really enjoyed white light solar. Spent Sunday night reading around with no real intention of buying anything. Then on Monday spotted this on ABS and decided to go for it. “Buy first and ask for forgiveness later” was the motto of the day ;) Can’t wait to give it a go!12BFCAD1-865F-4919-9FEA-5FD7693159CF.thumb.jpeg.b3aff86417c668893c300ea2df17d3b2.jpeg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Captain Magenta said:

@Commanderfish a difficult question. Berlebach or Manfrotto, which do you prefer?

Magnus

The Berlebach has far more stability and is top notch. I usually have an 800mm FL triplet and a 1846mm Cassegrain on it, weighing about 16.5kg altogether including the Mini Giro Ercole, diagonals and 2" EPs and it's all nice and stable.

The Manfrotto, head and Tak only weigh 7.5kg so truly grab and go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Very nice... How is the double Skywatcher extension tube on the berlebach working out?

Works great, just check the screws holding the extension heads from time to time so the heads don't rotate. Not a big deal.

• Thanks 1

Our very friendly DPD guy just delivered an Ioptron Ipolar less than 48 hours after I ordered it from Rother Valley. Looking foward to 4pm when I can finish work and get it installed :)

Graeme

• Like 6

Purchased yesterday afternoon from Mark at Beaufort, and posted out to me very promptly, altho' the postie (new guy on the walk, so maybe he got lost along the way) was so far behind the usual schedule I'd already given up hope of it arriving today . However the doorbell rang a few minutes past 1pm,...

ortho9mm.jpg.ba03bc30b5258ee4274340415beb3351.jpg

What a neat little EP, weird eye shield wing thing and all, and in perfect condition . Couldn't resist sticking it in the st80 for a view of the bird feeder at the bottom of my garden,and had a terrifying close up view of a scabby feral  pigeon.

Heather

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, Neil27 said:

Purchased from @Dan13 a great example of a hassle free transaction, thanks buddy.

Looking forward to getting the others parts of my imaging rig over the next few weeks.

796B9D84-ED42-40EF-8A59-15AE1360DCBA.jpeg

ECB1EE70-F248-44AF-9F91-A1F3845540F3.jpeg

Excellent Neil, Enjoy! its a fantastic scope!

• Like 1

Hello. Been looking at a second 2in diagonal fir my SW150 frac. Plumped for this - Orion 2in version with twist lock. Saw one a while ago on here in the For sale section.
I missed out on a purchase. 
Just arrived from ENS Optical. 
Think will be a good buy. Twist lock works rather well. 
John 

0BC734E8-20DB-43D5-98D4-2E4A0AAC27C0.jpeg

• Like 9

Alright, so the postman didn't bring this, I had to go get it myself - but still worth a post I think!

OOUK VX16 from @Commanderfish now being checked over, tweaked, and roughly collimated after a 2h drive up. Bit of play in the focuser to sort and the mirror cell wants a fan fitting, but otherwise good to go and a superb "little" scope I'm looking forward to trying out!

signal-2021-04-10-190454.thumb.jpeg.7b22880e3396f15e252a9f33e1bdb980.jpeg

• Like 19

5 hours ago, discardedastro said:

Alright, so the postman didn't bring this, I had to go get it myself - but still worth a post I think!

OOUK VX16 from @Commanderfish now being checked over, tweaked, and roughly collimated after a 2h drive up. Bit of play in the focuser to sort and the mirror cell wants a fan fitting, but otherwise good to go and a superb "little" scope I'm looking forward to trying out!

Looks brilliant. You’ve got a great scope there.

Sorry, I have to ask: what’s with the bats and the BBC Club sign? 🤔

• Like 2

6 hours ago, discardedastro said:

So we find out who the lucky owner of this scope is. I viewed it many times and thought about reuniting it with the ar102 I picked up from.@Commanderfish

• Like 2

From Aunty FLO this week!.

Very happy with this. Super bright in the scopes. Also picked up a Baader clicklock for the Bresser Hexfocuser which is a fantastic upgrade!.

D49EDEE0-296C-4FE6-B17D-21443FBD942F.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

Looks brilliant. You’ve got a great scope there.

Sorry, I have to ask: what’s with the bats and the BBC Club sign? 🤔

The bats are decorative (we've got pipistrelles living in the outside of the house, so thematically accurate) and the BBC Club sign was rescued from Television Centre before it closed for good 🙂

Definitely looking forward to first light - which looks like it might be this evening, if I'm lucky!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, discardedastro said:

The bats are decorative (we've got pipistrelles living in the outside of the house, so thematically accurate) and the BBC Club sign was rescued from Television Centre before it closed for good 🙂

Definitely looking forward to first light - which looks like it might be this evening, if I'm lucky!

hope you do get first light tonight, you will love it

• Like 1

I was the postman today, collected from a fellow astronomer. Part 2/4 of my imaging rig.

May I present my beautiful looking Esprit 150, and it definitely is love at first sight!

Included is the flattener, lakeside focuser, dew heater, flats panel. Aside from a little dust on the front lense it’s perfect.

A0B92FA7-DB10-40E2-9ED8-71F7CA795A53.jpeg

BF409718-34F1-4FDE-9D4D-B103F7A0FF57.jpeg

1D75F0D8-3348-445B-B59A-F84E049337B8.jpeg

• Like 10

12 hours ago, discardedastro said:

That hand truck is way cooler than mine!! Looks.like it's extendable too?