Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

15 hours ago, johninderby said:

Guru will do. 😁😁😁

Now to look for a tiny seat cushion. 🙂

I found I didn’t need a cushion on my Nadira chair that I owned, 

My backside has sufficient padding of its own.

• Haha 6

I’ve been wanting another one of these since I had to sell the last one quite a few years ago. Very pleased to pick up this mint example for a very fair price. It will be lovely in my Televue Genesis for widefield (~ 5 degree fov) and also the Tak (3.4 degrees)

30D38BF8-9B2E-4DA2-BA55-6D9CBD085DFF.jpeg

2152C66E-730F-4030-AB5A-21939CC540FA.jpeg

3CE9A698-229F-4F83-BAFB-D15AFE883226.jpeg

BFFAD18C-3918-4568-80B2-6D5FFD4DA0BC.jpeg

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

I’ve been wanting another one of these since I had to sell the last one quite a few years ago. Very pleased to pick up this mint example for a very fair price. It will be lovely in my Televue Genesis for widefield (~ 5 degree fov) and also the Tak (3.4 degrees)

Awesome Stu. My favourite "window" for observing the Veil Nebula though :thumbright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, John said:

Awesome Stu. My favourite "window" for observing the Veil Nebula though :thumbright:

That’s the plan John 😀👍

We are currently trying to hatch a plan to escape somewhere a bit darker (and bigger) so this would get more use 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

That’s wonderful, Stu.

Have you been doing weights as well as all your other exercise?

😊

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

That’s wonderful, Stu.

Have you been doing weights as well as all your other exercise?

😊

I need a 21 ethos for the other hand so I can start doing that 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Nice Stu - I have always fancied trying the Nagler 31mm in my various scopes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Oooh, very lovely! That looks in great nick! Congrats! I had a look through one some years back and it was beautiful. I'll never forget it!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stu said:

That’s the plan John 😀👍

We are currently trying to hatch a plan to escape somewhere a bit darker (and bigger) so this would get more use 👍

Very nice. That and a pair of swimming trunks should just be under the baggage limit Stu. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Very nice. That and a pair of swimming trunks should just be under the baggage limit Stu. 

I think we discussed Stu’s budgie smugglers previously 

And briefly

😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

The used Canon 450D arrived...

Looks in great condition but the battery is flat...

921358842_IMG_20210403_1338367482.thumb.jpg.194b22dc7c538e37a9cb2192222696d4.jpg

Point your ears to the north west tonight and the sonic boom of frustrated screams may be heard...

It does look in great condition, get that battery charging, I'll be listening towards the nw and expect to hear sounds of wonder, clear skies and good luck 🔭📷🌌

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, LeeHore7 said:

It does look in great condition, get that battery charging, I'll be listening towards the nw and expect to hear sounds of wonder, clear skies and good luck 🔭📷🌌

Its a nice day with clear sky forecast... Battery is charged, the camera switches on and the thingywhatsit clicks. Looked on 5 Canon web sites before finding the manual pdf on Canon USA...

Some chores to sort then let the fiddling begin!

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

Actually, upon reflection I think it might have been @andrew s’s budgie smugglers that were debated in this forum, rather than @Stu’s 🤔

Reflecting on my budgie smugglers is only slightly more perverted than licking objective lenes or sniffing Takahashi boxes and berlebach tripods.

Not to be recommended. 

Regards Andrew 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Stu said:

That incredible looking eye lens deserves an encore! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Its a nice day with clear sky forecast... Battery is charged, the camera switches on and the thingywhatsit clicks. Looked on 5 Canon web sites before finding the manual pdf on Canon USA...

Some chores to sort then let the fiddling begin!

You'll do great, just take your time 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LeeHore7 said:

You'll do great, just take your time 👍

All set up. Oh forgot the SD card. No probs I have a couple of decent micro sd spare & a couple of SD adapters.... The chuffin' camera refuses to format either so tonight is a bust! Grrrrrrr!!! 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

All set up. Oh forgot the SD card. No probs I have a couple of decent micro sd spare & a couple of SD adapters.... The chuffin' camera refuses to format either so tonight is a bust! Grrrrrrr!!! 

Can you format it in a pc first maybe then put in dslr 

Edited by LeeHore7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

It's a no go but thanks anyway. Must be the adapters - the cards aren't even showing as devices. No probs, I've retained my composure enough to order a 64GB SDXC card coming tomoz via Amazon. 🙄🤕👍

did you purpose the card maybe for a linux usage?

https://www.sdcardformatter.com

Edited by fozzybear