Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

2 minutes ago, Paul M said:

The posty bought me an early birthday present (we'll be away on the day): an illuminated Moon globe. It has a remote and can change colour etc. Quite effective in a dark room :)

They're great.  My Godson bought me one as a little fun thing and I love it.  Sits on my office desk.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul M said:

The posty bought me an early birthday present (we'll be away on the day): an illuminated Moon globe. It has a remote and can change colour etc. Quite effective in a dark room :)

20180922_103704.thumb.jpg.14cadf95b81fcfbaea7953d45724fd63.jpg

At first glance, I registered a Snow Ball and was impressed it survived the post.
Now I have read the wording, very nice indeed and Happy Birthday in advance.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Paul M said:

20180922_103704.thumb.jpg.14cadf95b81fcfbaea7953d45724fd63.jpg

Mine is on nearly every evening, with this cloud cover its often the only moonlight I see!!  Lovely item. ? 

• Like 1

This week, not the postman, but my friend Peter delivered a new to me Moonlite Focuser that has now been fitted to my lovely midnight blue Celestron Omni XLT 102ED.  

Here are a few images of it fitted to the Omni XLT 102ED in WL solar mode and I'm very pleased with it.

IMG_4507.JPG

IMG_4482.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Alan White said:

At first glance, I registered a Snow Ball and was impressed it survived the post.
Now I have read the wording, very nice indeed and Happy Birthday in advance.

Thanks,

It was a present from the MD. Seemingly she thought it was going to be another "oh thanks...." present, heading straight for a cupboard. She's delighted that:

a) I posted about it here.

b) It's a popular item.

I've also received 2 bottles of Gin, un wrapped in advance but still unopened!) So on return from our Tenerife trip perhaps I'll be enjoying the odd evening of double moon globes! :)

• Like 1

Well I'm certainly as happy as I could be with my latest delivery. Got home from Spain early hours this morning and still woke at 8 as I was so excited to open it. 

I hope it performs as well as it looks because it certainly looks the part. 

This is for the remote obsy in Spain so the through the mount cabling really appealed, and I can't afford a 10Micron or AP, so this was next on the list. 

20180923_125235.thumb.jpg.d23c1c69125f6d79126e78fc043e922a.jpg

Edited by RayD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RayD said:

Well I'm certainly as happy as I could be with my latest delivery. Got home from Spain early hours this morning and still woke at 8 as I was so excited to open it. 

I hope it performs as well as it looks because it certainly looks the part. 

This is for the remote obsy in Spain so the through the mount cabling really appealed, and I can't afford a 10Micron or AP, so this was next on the list. 

20180923_125235.thumb.jpg.d23c1c69125f6d79126e78fc043e922a.jpg

8am? I wouldn't have been able to sleep all night long if i were you :D I wish you clear skies ... hang on, you said SPAIN? Well you only have clear skies there ;) I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with this new toy mate. So happy for you :)

40 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

hang on, you said SPAIN? Well you only have clear skies there

Ohhhhhh if only that were true!  I just had 16 nights there, and only 2 of them provided any chance of imaging.  It's been a shocking couple of weeks, and at one point I was sat there hoping for clear skies, but logged on to my UK obsy imaging! 

Strange world ?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RayD said:

Ohhhhhh if only that were true!  I just had 16 nights there, and only 2 of them provided any chance of imaging.  It's been a shocking couple of weeks, and at one point I was sat there hoping for clear skies, but logged on to my UK obsy imaging! 

Strange world ?

Hahahahaha it is a strange world and then you come back and it's been raining since morning. ? :D

They way how I'm seeing this is we're in a transitional phase from summer to winter... During this phase it's most likely to rain than be clear so we can all catch up on sleep before the long winter nights. Soon, we'll be all spoilt mate ;)

• Like 1

Sat at home waiting for me are a pair of Denkmeier EP's (14 and 21mm) shipped over from the US :)

Excitement is only tempered by the HMRC charges - I think they have worked it out incorrectly and so I have the faff of submitting a claim to have some of the money back.

Sometimes in life you get an "itch you have to scratch", and this was one of mine...

Telementor1.JPG

I wasn't looking for it, nor thinking about it, but I was browsing the net for something else and came across this classic beauty.

It dates from 1989 and came with 6mm and 16mm Carl Zeiss Jena orthos, a 25mm Huygenian and a (non standard) diagonal) all in 0.965mm barrel size. The whole stupid is in lovely, lightly used, condition.

I've already sourced a Zeiss M44 -T2 adapter so I can use 1.25" eyepieces, and tonight I had really lovely views of Saturn and Titan, glimpsing the Cassini Division to one side of the planet, (straight through viewing) and a very respectable view of Mars, with the polar cap quite distinctly seen. To be honest, the views held up very well with my FS128, which has struggled in the "low murk" recently. Sometimes conditions really do mean that "less is more"!

I'm really chuffed with this classic old frac, at F13.3 it's like old times!

Dave

2_$_58 (7).JPG

4_$_58 (5).JPG

3_$_58 (6).JPG

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, cv01jw said:

Sat at home waiting for me are a pair of Denkmeier EP's (14 and 21mm) shipped over from the US :)

Excitement is only tempered by the HMRC charges - I think they have worked it out incorrectly and so I have the faff of submitting a claim to have some of the money back.

Don't hold your breath, it took them 3 months to refund me about £75.00 overcharged and no apology.

Dave

• Thanks 1

On 22/09/2018 at 23:13, AdeKing said:

This week, not the postman, but my friend Peter delivered a new to me Moonlite Focuser that has now been fitted to my lovely midnight blue Celestron Omni XLT 102ED.  

Here are a few images of it fitted to the Omni XLT 102ED in WL solar mode and I'm very pleased with it.

IMG_4507.JPG

IMG_4482.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

What a lovely looking setup Ade. Bet the views are cracking too.....if you’ve managed to see any sun that is!