Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BLIMEY, IS THAT SAD OR WHAT?

paulastro

I couldn't resits having a quick look at SGL this morning before my day gets completely out of hand.  I then checked to see how many of us were on line - expecting perhaps one or two, after all it is Christmas.  And blimey, over 67 if I counted correctly.  I'm quite relieved I'm not the only astronomy nerd this morning who needs an astro-fix. 

So to all my fellow nerds, a vey happy Christmas to you all.  And, if you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you also have a great day and are spending it  exactly how you want to give you the most pleasure.  :smile:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, paulastro said:

I couldn't resits having a quick look at SGL this morning before my day gets completely out of hand.  I then checked to see how many of us were on line - expecting perhaps one or two, after all it is Christmas.  And blimey, over 67 if I counted correctly.  I'm quite relieved I'm not the only astronomy nerd this morning who needs an astro-fix. 

So to all my fellow nerds, a vey happy Christmas to you all.  And, if you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you also have a great day and are spending it  exactly how you want to give you the most pleasure.  :smile:

Hello Paul and everyone.

A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you All from the Isle of Man....

Just having a browse on here having a bit of "me time" and looking if there any other nerds like me on here and of course looking for a bargain or any other important stuff on here too. Just chilling before we get invaded by the family wanting their Christmas Day meal. 

Best wishes,

Hadyn - IOM

Edited by hadyn42
typo

Happy Xmas all 🙂 another on their own, tho I will go visit my dad in a little while and over to rest of the family tomorrow

ack wireless keyboard seems to be doing its own thing this morning, forgot its xmas pressie of new batteries lol

Edited by DaveL59

A Happy Christmas to all out there especially those on their own. On my second sherry here already and there's a nice bottle of rosé in the fridge for dinner. That's 'Dinner' not 'Luch' as we're in sunny Yorkshire. And it is sunny for a change 😎

• Like 3

Morning and Merry Christmas to all!. Glad I'm not the only one either! 

My fiance got me this for Christmas - voucher for stargazing and astrophotography at Dark Sky Wales. I couldn't think of a better present (well perhaps maybe a telescope on an equatorial mount, but hey we can't have it all 🤣, I'll have to save up for one or find one 2nd hand)

20191225_115217.thumb.jpg.bf33af4d7007f2284efb5a1d1846d162.jpg

• Like 5

@paulastro- Paul you are not the only one I had a quick look about an hour or so ago. Pam just 'popped out' to see someone so I was naughty and had a look at the Sun with my PST and viewed the plage on sunspot AR2753. I also saw (I think) some brightness where AR2754 should be.

My Son and his family (3 teenage granddaughters) have come over from San Francisco so we are going to have a hectic day. They are joining my other Son and his family (youngest girl 3 years old) - I will need a few drinks at the end of the day.

So everyone have an enjoyable day and let us hope for more clear skies in 2020.

• Like 3

Happy Christmas all! 🎄🎄

I'm normally lurking around somewhere on my phone, so am around even on Christmas day. Light lunch had, then we will eat our main meal this afternoon. I'm more a Christmas lunch person but have to fit in with the others! I'm sure I won't starve 🤣🤣

I received this from my dear lady wife, which will baffle and confuse me for a good while I'm sure. Been wanting to try to learn about them for a while so am looking forward to using it 

20191225_123648.jpg

20191225_123627.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Scooot said:

Morning all as well, Merry Christmas :) 

I think I’m always logged in regardless of whether I’m looking.

Afternoon all. Same here.  In fact I'm probably shown as logged into several forums across t'internet but this is only my second post all day. 

• Like 2