Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

With addtion of Aero 40mm, and planned purchase of Maxvision 16mm, 20mm, and BST 8mm 12mm, my EP case feels a bit full. I've done some 3-D studies in CAD, and it seems like that just a new customized foam needed. The drawing looks like:

post-30887-0-22830200-1381320946_thumb.p

and here's a 3D view (with guessed dimension of coming EPs of course):

post-30887-0-73139900-1381321127_thumb.p

Looks like that I have space for one more ortho :smiley:

• Like 7

Yes indeed, and a far better start than the rubbish I had at first.

I must insist, however that you find something to put them in, even if only a shoebox with 'eyepieces' written on the lid ;-) ;-) ;-)

Cheers

Stu

• Like 1

Some really impressive stuff.

I love Rowans new eyepiece case but no eyepieces, what is the big white one? that could be a secret 80mm UWA that we have not heard of yet.

Also YKSE's graphic of the eyepiece case design is excellent, I am sure it is cheaper to do that than it is to fill it.

Alan.

• Like 1

Cloudy last night, got my chance to cut the foams according to the CAD design, not as neat as in digital world, but better fit than plug foam.

post-30887-0-78432200-1382005041_thumb.j

Only  cover foam left to be cut.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have to carry 2.. surely im not the only one?

This one is 'main' case; those in my signature. Not sure why I seem to be the only person who stacks them standing up. Front from left to right 4.7, 6.7, 8.8, 11 centre 14, centre top 18, top right 24. space for a 30.. :)

attachicon.gif20130406_161634.jpg

Other case, all my other bits! some BSTs (5, 18, 25) some plossls (32, 12.5) a barlow, cheshire and laser collimators, 3 filters (solar, neodynium and uhc) and of course the trusty red torch and copy of sky and telescope pocket atlas! As you can see this case has grown over time and as such the foam is a little bit, well, disordered! :)

attachicon.gif20130406_161739.jpg

It's ok Stargazer. I do it standing up too.

• 4 weeks later...

As I think I have finally come to the end of my eye piece purchasing days :rolleyes: I thought it would be worth getting some cases that would offer that tad bit more protection.

That's a brave thing to say, hope for the sake of your wallet that you're serious.

• 3 weeks later...

Early days for me but I need something to protect my little friends before they get damaged.  A box with foam will for sure save me money in the long run :smiley: .

I've got 6 eyepieces, I'm going to get 3 or so filters I guess.  Two barlows.  collimator.  16 spare AA batteries.  Three spare torch batteries.  Screw driver.   Holes for telescope caps while it is in use.

Can't think of anything else and as I have to walk a little way with spiff the scope on my shoulder I hope I haven't forgotten anything  :eek:

So is there somewhere in the uk I can buy a good waterproof box with form in it ready to cut.  Or do you buy them seperately?  

Now that Tele Vue 13mm has half an hour to run on Ebay - could I fit it in  :rolleyes:  

I have to carry 2.. surely im not the only one?

This one is 'main' case; those in my signature. Not sure why I seem to be the only person who stacks them standing up.

I wondered about this myself. I had mine standing upright to begin with, it seems neater and I'll fit more in that way (not that I need to fit more in at present!), but got worried about touching the eye lenses when groping for the EPs in the dark. So I switched them to being sideways, but they don't seem to fit as well.