SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Nice! How do you find the 5mil?

Difficult to get a clear focus unless the viewing is very clear but when it is it is a great eyepiece.

Haven't tried it in my new SW 200p yet but hope to do so tonight

I am still in the process of building up my eyepiece case but in the mean time this is my lens case. Can't wait to build up a good EP case!

11886187575_b4b81f796c_o.jpg

1186790_10151637992762205_1616393370_n by harbourphotography, on Flickr

WOW! im gob smacked! thats a dream setup! im stick stuck on kit lenses :(

how you find the 1DX? i see they got the 1DC out now and nearly 10k 

Edited by tingting44

Thanks, have you tried it with the planets on your 130? I have the 7mm and the other night viewing was perfect.. think I would have been good with the 5mm but am guessing there are only a few nights where everything comes together.

Yes, used it on Jupiter and it was excellent. I just had a quick look at the moon through the new Dob in daylight and managed to get the 5mm focused on a few craters :cool:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well its not exactly a case although they do get put inside if i'm out for the day.....EP's are in my signature handy for changing over while viewing don't have to leave the chair if its Ne to SE just spin on the chair, it self centring (Ebay a Fiver plus £5 delivery)  

DSC_0015.jpg

Sorry for the dark image, raining so can't open the roof.......

brighten this one in photobucket. :)

DSC_0014.jpg

Edited by Tinker1947
  • Like 2

I just got a new case a Dorr Silver 50 case which more-or-less dwarfs the old (which was quite solid at 43x33x17cm). The new one measures 52x42x22cm, which is a bigger leap than you might think.

post-5655-0-70782300-1391021817_thumb.jp

The case is thick enough to put the EPs in in upright position, which does not show them off that nicely, but saves a lot of space.

post-5655-0-58366800-1391021858_thumb.jp

The top row consists of the Vixen LVW 42mm, the Tele Vue Naglers 31T5 and 22T4. The next row holds the Naglers 17T4 and 12T4 with the Pentax XW 10mm. The final row holds the Tele Vue Delos 8mm and Pentax XW7. On the right we have the Orion 2" Amici prism and the Denkmeier Filter-Switch Diagonal. It holds one clear slot and the UHC filter. The moon filter and O-III filter can be seen between the EPs and Amici prism. I might add the solar EP set (MV 20 and 24mm 68 deg and Pentax XF8.5) to this box, but I might just reserve the space either for a regular 2" diagonal (the 80mm will not come to focus with the Denkmeier), and will probably add some filters, and the odd EP (XW5, or Delos 6, or perhaps the 14mm). The old case is now home to the planetary imaging kit, and the planetary imaging case will be used either for a lightweight travel set, or for some DSO imaging bits and pieces.

• Like 1

I just got a new case a Dorr Silver 50 case which more-or-less dwarfs the old (which was quite solid at 43x33x17cm). The new one measures 52x42x22cm, which is a bigger leap than you might think.

attachicon.gifDSCN3707.JPG

Looks like you have enough space to dig big holes in your bank acount :smiley:

Here is my EP box! Looks a bit simple compared to some on here, although it really just houses the ones I got with my scope. It's a box from staples and cost about a fiver, but it does the job and the picture in the box showed 4 of them holding up a car.......so it must be strong!!!

c64964148c9059a437dc14fee87565cb_zps12a4

72892dedd209577f07e3bab1e2bb6331_zps8ec7

I pinched the foam from an old recording studio that I was surveying. It had closed down before you ask whether I ruined any sound recordings!!

As I upgrade, I will progress onto one of those nice looking cases

Here is my EP box! Looks a bit simple compared to some on here, although it really just houses the ones I got with my scope. It's a box from staples and cost about a fiver, but it does the job and the picture in the box showed 4 of them holding up a car.......so it must be strong!!!

c64964148c9059a437dc14fee87565cb_zps12a4

72892dedd209577f07e3bab1e2bb6331_zps8ec7

I pinched the foam from an old recording studio that I was surveying. It had closed down before you ask whether I ruined any sound recordings!!

for a second I thought your eyepieces were placed in sand :shocked: .  

Our Telementor did not have the original eyepiece box when we purchased it. I found that one of the plastic " workzone " drill bit boxes from Aldi was just the right size with foam added from a computer mouse mat. The plastic box fits perfectly in one of the recesses in the telescope case.

post-21902-0-99143200-1391458257_thumb.j

post-21902-0-90082100-1391458281_thumb.j

Just got a Maplins box today.

7IjM3mD.jpg?1

The box at the top is the one the panaview came in - currently holds a 1.25" and 2" adaptors for the focuser.

I see its your first post devdav.  so what scope goes with this selection of eyepieces ?

welcome by the way.

• Like 1

Thanks, Rory. I have a Skywatcher Skyliner 200p (dobsonian). Still fairly new to astronomy, bought my first 'scope in July last year, that bought the dob in August. Only bought the 2" eyepieces (and the telrad) last week, and am really pleased with what an improvement they are over the ones that came with the 'scope.

• Like 1

My very humble reasonably priced case with the Radian incoming today. The Radian substitutes the Skywatcher 6mm UWA in the case and the SW gets relegated back to the box. Still a much better collection than my camera lens with heaps of barrel distortion as show in the picture :0) 

Had to do a bit of repair job on the foam and rearrange to accommodate the Radian, but it all fits. :smiley:

post-30537-0-45150300-1391873123_thumb.j

• Like 2

Here is my EP box! Looks a bit simple compared to some on here, although it really just houses the ones I got with my scope. It's a box from staples and cost about a fiver, but it does the job and the picture in the box showed 4 of them holding up a car.......so it must be strong!!!c64964148c9059a437dc14fee87565cb_zps12a472892dedd209577f07e3bab1e2bb6331_zps8ec7

It also houses your wife's diamond ring?? :)

• Like 1