SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

These are my 2 cases. Top my wide fields and general viewing. Lower is the specialty case with the planetaries should the conditions be good enough to take advantage. Many times I just go out wth the second case as it is smaller, lighter, and gets the job done.post-31982-0-56523900-1379178336_thumb.j

Very nice :smiley:

The top row in the second case has some class acts in it (all of them in fact !). Don't see many AP SPL's over here :smiley:

Having laid my hands on the BST starguiders I have spent a pleasant morning playing with my Maplin box and a craft knife. It looks kind of neat (apart from the bottoms of the holes which are a relief map of the moon - there is presumably an art to sculpting foam but it eludes me).

pe33.jpg

Nice set. You need to complete it though with the 15 :)

Getting on pretty well with the Starguiders so added the 25mm and 5mm. Thought the 5mm was a bit of icing on the cake and wouldn't be used much but it seems to be very easy to get on with. Looking forward to trying it on Jupiter. I also bought a UHC filter from Alan. Not entirely sure about the filter. It darkens the sky well but it is quite fierce - really does turn stars very green indeed. The Pleiades were spectacular in their greeny wonderfulness...I might come round to it...the jury is out.

69rf.jpg

I meant this set of course.

These are my 2 cases. Top my wide fields and general viewing. Lower is the specialty case with the planetaries should the conditions be good enough to take advantage. Many times I just go out wth the second case as it is smaller, lighter, and gets the job done.attachicon.gifCurrent-1+2.jpg

Lovely collection :smiley:

Stu,

I can see you are like me serious about your Televues. Seeing my old 10mm almost brought a tear.

Shaun,

Very nice collection indeed. I love the way the Delos are all in a neat line.

Alan.

Thank you Alan

Shaun

Edited by Pig

I meant this set of course.

Thought about the 15mm rather than the 5mm but on balance with the 18 and the 12 I wasn't sure the 15mm would get a lot of use. The 12mm is a particularly good lens. I might get the 15mm for completeness at some point but I think that would be collecting rather than needing :)

Very nice :smiley:

The top row in the second case has some class acts in it (all of them in fact !). Don't see many AP SPL's over here :smiley:

IMO the 8mm is the gem of the line...if you can get one recommend it.  I've found nothing sharper or with higher contrast.  It even beats an 8mm TMB Supermonocentric.  The 10mm I've found almost as good.  They all suffer however from light falloff as you get near the field stop, and the shorter ones I had had various reflections or ghosting artifacts, so I kept the longer focal lengths only.  I love the stainless steel barrels and Delrin tops, plus how the lens assembly is self contained, sealed, and removable for easy cleaning of the eye and field lens.  Some well thought out design features.

No longer a set of TV Nags but I don't feel quite so bad having them sat gathering dust during all the cloudy nights we seem to have in the UK.

post-8355-0-94950900-1379370061_thumb.jp

3-6 Nagler Zoom

5mm BGO

6mm BCO

6.7mm ES 82°

11mm ES 82°

14mm ES 82°

18mm ES 82°

20mm ES 100°

x2 TV Barlow

x3 Antares Japan Barlow

Castell UHC 2"

Castell OIII 2"

SW LPR 2"

Baader Neodymium Filter 1.25"

ND25 Moon filter 1.25"

Edited by spaceboy
  • Like 2

Here is my growing collection.

I'd like to add an 8mm Delos and a x2 powermate and then I think I have most bases covered.

post-13692-0-86279200-1379402132_thumb.j

12mm Delos

17.3mm Delos

21mm Ethos

28mm Nirvana

40mm Paracorr

Everyone looks to have a few orthos in their collections, would they give me an added element over the Delos? 

• Like 1

Everyone looks to have a few orthos in their collections, would they give me an added element over the Delos? 

I have several types of eyepieces from an Ethos to Naglers to Radians to Plossls and a TV zoom and enjoy the different experiences of using them in my different scopes. For the same reasons I have a trio of BGOs which I really like too as they provide lovely sharp and contrasty views. That said, based on the observations of e.g. John I doubt there is much to be given away to a Delos either way.

I have several types of eyepieces from an Ethos to Naglers to Radians to Plossls and a TV zoom and enjoy the different experiences of using them in my different scopes. For the same reasons I have a trio of BGOs which I really like too as they provide lovely sharp and contrasty views. That said, based on the observations of e.g. John I doubt there is much to be given away to a Delos either way.

Thanks Moonshane that is really interesting to hear. I might dabble with a 10mm Baader Classic Ortho as it would fit nicely between the 8 & 12 Delos and give me an idea of the different experience.

No longer a set of TV Nags but I don't feel quite so bad having them sat gathering dust during all the cloudy nights we seem to have in the UK.

attachicon.gif414.JPG

3-6 Nagler Zoom

5mm BGO

6mm BCO

6.7mm ES 82°

11mm ES 82°

14mm ES 82°

18mm ES 82°

20mm ES 100°

x2 TV Barlow

x3 Antares Japan Barlow

Castell UHC 2"

Castell OIII 2"

SW LPR 2"

Baader Neodymium Filter 1.25"

ND25 Moon filter 1.25"

Nick, thats a very nice set of glass, will serve you well, look forward to catching up at PSP

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
post-22804-0-79490600-1381231520_thumb.j

Hopefully there is space for my Vixen LV 30mm which is incoming, and then a 12mm Delos. Otherwise, I'm going to need another case...

Some of the eyepieces have gone, out of the case at least - they will probably be sold.

• Like 1

I don't know.

I thought, I had found a quiet corner of the internet where I can have intelligent discussions with fellow scientifically minded people about the wonders and physics of Astronomy.

But no! I come here and all I see is this..

[removed word]! IMAGE AFTER IMAGE OF SEXY PAIRS OF EYEPIECES! CORR, LOOK AT HER, SHE IS BEAUTIFUL..

You should all be ashamed of yourselves. With this seductive barrage of pure [removed word].

tut, tut, shame on you, I love it! x.

• Like 3