Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

They do a smaller 3-compartment version for 99p + £4 postage.

I was hoping to get 2 for £6 all in.

But no, they wanted £6 postage for goods worth less than £2 (£8 total).

I was desperately looking for more stuff to add onto my order, but I ain't no fisherman.

Edited by Reeny

Just got a new Maplins Large High Impact Case while they were on offer and have finished arranging my eyepieces in it. I'm thinking about not doing cutouts for the larger bits of kit but I think I will need to for the Orthoscopics and the Hyperion zoom barlow. I might try to squeeze some filters in there as well.

post-11683-0-71999600-1397733959_thumb.j

• Like 1

You may be right - that Meade 5000 30mm (which I only got last week) has kind of tipped me over the edge. It's a beast of an eyepiece but gives great views. Markarians Chain was spectacular thorugh it and I cannot wait for the summer milky way views.

That Black and Green beast has got me in its grip.

I know it's bad; I know I should resist; but I'm weak and getting weaker. I've set up instant notification for anything that has Nagler in it. I scour the ad sites. I know I'm falling; I know I'm lost - but wow! what a buzz!

• Like 3

I must admit to weakening and buying another EP, although it is for my birthday  :smiley: took advantage of the 10% off at Tele-House and ordered a 6 mm Delos. It will replace a 6 mm williams optic spl. A bit of a departure for me as I have been mainly a TV plossl and, a selection of, ortho's user up until now, the spl being the only long eye relief EP in the case.   

I've been pretty good lately although a Nagler 3-6 zoom has come and gone, a Hyperion zoom has arrived and a 2X Powermate is back in the eyepiece case again. I've got no excuse really as I still have a box of great eyepieces on loan from First Light Optics to play with as well :undecided:

I agree with that in terms of quality (I have both), however I do find the 24mm better in that it delivers practically the same fov but with a smaller exit pupil and the darker sky background which comes with it. Under anything other than a nice dark sky, this gives better results to my mind. You could probably lose the 32mm Plossl in that case and get something else?

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BigMakStutov

I haven't bought an eyepiece for ages now, a year I think. maybe I am cured? then again I have bought two scopes, a filter wheel, two finders and made a couple of solar filters so the addiction is still there!

I Have been pretty good myself, but just lately i have sort of rediscovered the humble plossl, i had bought a used but as new skywatcher silvertop 25mm, finally got a look with it a few weeks back and got a bit of a wow factor, these were very nice for the money, so just picked up a TAL 10mm plossl and waiting for it to arrive 

Sorry to repost this again so soon. Just made a decision about selling a couple more ep's and have now reached a final set for my 1.25" travel/ortho case.

The 24mm Panoptic has never really had a home, and is ideal for widefield at dark sites with a 3.4 degree fov in the TV76. At the other end, the 3 to 6 Nag zoom gives me mags up to x160, more if barlowed so all bases are covered. Quite happy with this now so will stop fiddling! Really enjoying my orthos as I keep saying ;-)

u7etu5yp.jpg

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk