NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

As previously mentioned I have now updated my EP collection and revamped my EP case to accept the new and complete collection, see below:

post-26735-0-53677300-1372855173_thumb.j

The bits top left are a 2x Celestron Ultima barlow and 35mm 2" extention tube with a superb Howie Glatter Parallizer inserted. Next to that is a variety of filters.

I also have a seperate bag that has my GOTO and other wires, mini tool kit, laser and cheshire plus other bits and bobs including a 25mm Skywatcher Plossl incase I ever need a low FOV ep for viewing certain DSO's.

The widest TFOV given of course by the Axiom is 1.69 with exit pupil at 6.2 which given my age, is the most sensible option rather than going any higher.

• Like 2

The Axiom is looking good there - It left a large hole in my case which I have filled with a pair of binoviewers. Forecast down here is looking good for the weekend, so I may get to try out the new kit :smiley: I still have a space for a second Meade 14mm plossl :fucyc:

P1000510_zps769d27b1.jpg

It might be time to invest in some new foam, though :icon_redface:

Having laid my hands on the BST starguiders I have spent a pleasant morning playing with my Maplin box and a craft knife. It looks kind of neat (apart from the bottoms of the holes which are a relief map of the moon - there is presumably an art to sculpting foam but it eludes me).

pe33.jpg

• Like 1

Finally got a CF card reader, so here is my eyepiece case, with a lot more glass than last time... still more to add, but from this:

IMG_2521_zps4862d323.jpg

To this:

post-22804-0-43541400-1373842922_thumb.j

:)

Still to add are the 11mm and 25mm TV plossls, an Astronomik O-III Filter and a 2" Diagonal :). I'll need a new case!

I've not posted in this thread for a while and I now reckon I've completed my eyepiece buying for the foreseeable future (yes, really !) I thought I'd post a pic of where I've got to. In the big case are the 31mm Nagler, 20mm ES 100, 13mm, 8mm and 6mm Ethos's plus the 6mm Baader GO. The filters are the 2" Astromik O-III and a 1.25" 1000 Oaks H-Beta which is on loan from Mark at Beaufort. In the smaller case are the Pentax XW 5mm, Radian 4mm, XW 3.5mm and Radian 3mm.

With my scopes I think that's covered all eventualities :smiley:

post-118-0-87963300-1374350630_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice set of EP's as you say all bases are covered.....My 5mm XW got some good (its not happened to often) seeing this week, and its made me wonder if i should go for the 3.5mm XW in my 10" reflector..???

I've not posted in this thread for a while and I now reckon I've completed my eyepiece buying for the foreseeable future (yes, really !) I thought I'd post a pic of where I've got to. In the big case are the 31mm Nagler, 20mm ES 100, 13mm, 8mm and 6mm Ethos's plus the 6mm Baader GO. The filters are the 2" Astromik O-III and a 1.25" 1000 Oaks H-Beta which is on loan from Mark at Beaufort. In the smaller case are the Pentax XW 5mm, Radian 4mm, XW 3.5mm and Radian 3mm.

With my scopes I think that's covered all eventualities :smiley:

I'm sure you could fit the 4.7 and 3.7 Ethos in there somewhere!

• 2 weeks later...

This is my slightly different approach to storing EPs. Welcome to my binobox. Consisting of a 7L Sainsbury's Klip Lock food container, lined with foam from a Decathlon camping mat, containing individual mini plastic boxes for my EPs (lined of course). The WO binos are ready loaded with 2 x WO 20mm WA EPs and have a 2" adapter permanently attached to the nosepiece so that I can swap between binos and my 2" EPs without breaking stride. The mini boxes contain my 25mm TV Plossls and my 15 mm Vixen NLVs. Sweet. :grin:

post-8824-0-38000600-1375222983_thumb.jp

I have 21 total eyepieces in a large Orion pluck foam case I have 6 orthoscopics 5 TMB 4 UO konings 4 plossls 1 erfle and a Swa Eyepiece Plus a 3x Orion tri mag Barlow and A celestron 2x ultima Barlow and a polarizing filter Mars filter Ultrablock filter and a skyglow filter and last a collimating eyepiece For my criterion Rv-6 dynascope

Having laid my hands on the BST starguiders I have spent a pleasant morning playing with my Maplin box and a craft knife. It looks kind of neat (apart from the bottoms of the holes which are a relief map of the moon - there is presumably an art to sculpting foam but it eludes me).

pe33.jpg

That looks a bit like a Top gear reasonably priced car :) a bit like my collection, except I have the best case imaginable. It has the following properties:

1. It is infinitely small.

2. It is indestructible.

3. It is infinitely light in weight.

Oh wait, it doesn't exist, it is in fact a cardboard box :D.

Time to invest in one of those Maplin cases me thinks, I'll need it soon for my dark sky trip in Sept. :)

• Like 1

had first light with all 3 tonight but not enough time before the clouds rolled in to give an oppinion but they do seem easy enough on the eyes although i had to take one of the spacer blocks off my moonlite to get focus with the 20mm.if you like your 20mm you will like the 14mm but will give a better review when i get some decent dark skies

I wish i could have 4 and make do. Would saved me a lot of money mate. But I went out on thursday evening, for just 90 minutes and managed to used all but two of those eyepieces. sigh maybe I should have just bought a good zoom :laugh: