Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

I knocked this up the other day, not the tidiest but serves well (soory for the naff mobile photo);

post-34088-0-01896300-1391905522_thumb.j

However, after doing it, I saw these in Clas Ohlson. Big ones are about a penny shy of £50. Going to get one next month (spent too much this month as it is); http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Instrument%20Case/Pr314142000

I knocked this up the other day, not the tidiest but serves well (soory for the naff mobile photo);

attachicon.gifoie_912234adyGCkDu.jpg

............... I saw these in Clas Ohlson. Big ones are about a penny shy of £50. Going to get one next month (spent too much this month as it is); http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Instrument%20Case/Pr314142000

Nice !  They look a lot like pelican cases, but not with the pelican price. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, those skywatcher eyepieces look massive. Seeing them in a picture never does them justice for size, but your case serves as a good size comparison. You'll need a suitcase for the full set. :-0)

I thought that too. its ma hoosive.

I thought that too. its ma hoosive.

They are huge - I have the 32mm (2"), 13mm and 5mm (1.25" with 2" skirt) in that range for testing at the moment and the latter two are much larger and heavier than the 32mm. All weigh well over 1lb apiece.

I've not posted a pic of my eyepiece cases lately so here is the current situation:

post-118-0-12113600-1393414875_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

John,

That is not your third 3-6mm Nagler zoom I see there . is it?

Nice kit in any case

Alan

Yes Alan. It's been quite a while since I owned one so I thought I'd like to have another go  :smiley:

I've used orthos a lot since my last Nagler zoom so it seems "roomier" than I remember but it's early days yet. Zooming in to binary stars and watching them spring apart does put a grin on your face  :grin:

Never thought of a zoom for that purpose but I can imagine that would be fun :smiley:

The great thing about it is that you can find just what magnification the conditions will allow really quickly and easily. The zoom has click stops at each mm but you can also position it anywhere in between too. 

Third time lucky John!

I rather like the zoom, it is very good quality considering it is a zoom, ok it is not quite there with the BGO's and the short Radians but it is not far behind. At 5mm the eye-relief is also very generous when you compare, as I am sure you have with a 5mm BGO or similar. The only down side is you don't get much for your 300 quid, I think this is what puts me of the ZO II's or is the cost.

Alan.

So far I'd say it matches the Radians but is not quite as good as the XW's or the BGO / Astro Hutech/ Fuijiyama orthos. But good enough to make it an entirely viable "only" high power eyepiece quite possibly. As usual the differences here are small :smiley: