SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

• 2 weeks later...

This will be my 3rd different EP case pic on this post, I got a few additions recently for my collection which weren't going to fit in my original case, luckily Maplins decided to discount the larger case at just the right time :)

post-12367-0-95862700-1377555679_thumb.j

This will be it now, I misjudged when I cut my original collection of EPs down to the 3 SW Nirvanas, It left a few gaps that I felt I wouldn't use. In reality, there were times I missed "teasing out" that little bit more detail in my views.

• 2 weeks later...

This has to be the final incarnation for my EP case, i have added a 4mm and a 6mm circle T ortho, note the 4mm came without dust caps so i have put a little poly bag around it for now, i dont see me changing any thing in the case now (famous last words) but very happy with what i have, the 4 and 6mm were not necessary but nice to have the full set of orthoscopics.

Note the 18mm is a BGO, this gets used for A-focal lunar imaging due to the barrel shape

post-8850-0-09244500-1378637385_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Am I allowed 3? Oh well, too bad as that's what I've got :-).

I KNOW I have too many eps, my excuse is that I have a few very different scopes and am also planning for the future with a larger Dob of some description when space allows. In general I have opted for Delos/XW at the mid/high mag range, and Ethos/Nagler for the widefield/low power stuff. There are duplicates of certain focal lengths but with different ep types eg Ortho vs XW or similar. I've kept both 17e and 17t4 as I value the more compact T4 size when travelling, same story for the poor 24mm Panoptic which doesn't fit in here but lives in the TV76 case.

I have plenty of coverage at the medium high mag range for my refractors so I can tune to the seeing conditions and objects, but do also keep a zoom, again for travelling. The 3.7 Ethos to me provides a lovely high power in the 106 and 76, x186 and x137 respectively, pretty much optimum for both under most conditions.

The TV Plossls are almost exclusively for the f20 Mak, giving lovely sharp high mag images with a minimum of glass in the way. The 11mm I have always found to be perfect in my PST. The small Ortho/Plossl case provides a lovely compact travel option, combined with the 17t4, 24mm Pan and the TV76, all bases covered.

These have been built up over a number of years as a mixture of new and used - sometimes I get impatient :-). Damo's 2 Pentax' have completed the collection, there really is no need for any more!! If needs must I can always sacrifice a few to the god of finances and still have plenty.

Blah, blah, blah. Here they are, just hoping for a lovely clear winter to put some of the new stuff through its paces. Bring on PSP!

post-6762-137908228132_thumb.jpg

post-6762-137908229572_thumb.jpg

post-6762-137908231042_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Stu

• Like 3

Getting on pretty well with the Starguiders so added the 25mm and 5mm. Thought the 5mm was a bit of icing on the cake and wouldn't be used much but it seems to be very easy to get on with. Looking forward to trying it on Jupiter. I also bought a UHC filter from Alan. Not entirely sure about the filter. It darkens the sky well but it is quite fierce - really does turn stars very green indeed. The Pleiades were spectacular in their greeny wonderfulness...I might come round to it...the jury is out.

69rf.jpg

Am I allowed 3? Oh well, too bad as that's what I've got :-).

I KNOW I have too many eps, my excuse is that I have a few very different scopes and am also planning for the future with a larger Dob of some description when space allows. In general I have opted for Delos/XW at the mid/high mag range, and Ethos/Nagler for the widefield/low power stuff. There are duplicates of certain focal lengths but with different ep types eg Ortho vs XW or similar. I've kept both 17e and 17t4 as I value the more compact T4 size when travelling, same story for the poor 24mm Panoptic which doesn't fit in here but lives in the TV76 case.

I have plenty of coverage at the medium high mag range for my refractors so I can tune to the seeing conditions and objects, but do also keep a zoom, again for travelling. The 3.7 Ethos to me provides a lovely high power in the 106 and 76, x186 and x137 respectively, pretty much optimum for both under most conditions.

The TV Plossls are almost exclusively for the f20 Mak, giving lovely sharp high mag images with a minimum of glass in the way. The 11mm I have always found to be perfect in my PST. The small Ortho/Plossl case provides a lovely compact travel option, combined with the 17t4, 24mm Pan and the TV76, all bases covered.

These have been built up over a number of years as a mixture of new and used - sometimes I get impatient :-). Damo's 2 Pentax' have completed the collection, there really is no need for any more!! If needs must I can always sacrifice a few to the god of finances and still have plenty.

Blah, blah, blah. Here they are, just hoping for a lovely clear winter to put some of the new stuff through its paces. Bring on PSP!

post-6762-137908228132_thumb.jpg

post-6762-137908229572_thumb.jpg

post-6762-137908231042_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Stu

you have a serious problem mate. what sort of a friend would I be if I didn't try to get you off this horrible addiction and force you to throw the excess away into a (lined for easy removal) bin? whatever you do, don't ever buy another foam lined box when on offer, 'just in case'

• Like 1

you have a serious problem mate. what sort of a friend would I be if I didn't try to get you off this horrible addiction and force you to throw the excess away into a (lined for easy removal) bin? whatever you do, don't ever buy another foam lined box when on offer, 'just in case'

:-)

I know Shane, it's horrible!

No more cases, or eps for me, I'm done.

I'm sure I will slim down my collection from this lot, just need to do a lot more comparing and see which ones to lose.

I did try to appeal for help re the 17 and 21mm Ethos but as Addiction Therapists, the SGL crew are not much help!! I'm fairly sure I can 'lose' this one and go straight from 13 to 21 for example.

Anyway, will give you some to play with at SGL :-)

Stu

:-)

I know Shane, it's horrible!

No more cases, or eps for me, I'm done.

I'm sure I will slim down my collection from this lot, just need to do a lot more comparing and see which ones to lose.

I did try to appeal for help re the 17 and 21mm Ethos but as Addiction Therapists, the SGL crew are not much help!! I'm fairly sure I can 'lose' this one and go straight from 13 to 21 for example.

Anyway, will give you some to play with at SGL :-)

Stu

ha ha - it's like asking for help at an off the wagon party to stay sober.

whatever you do don't let me borrow the 21E, no matter what I say/beg/plead.

ha ha - it's like asking for help at an off the wagon party to stay sober.

whatever you do don't let me borrow the 21E, no matter what I say/beg/plead.

You won't have to beg, borrow or plead, it's going in your scope whether you like it or not :-).

Double Cluster anyone? Think I got my calcs right with paracorr but either way should be spectacular.

post-6762-137915512419_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Stu

• Like 1

These are my 2 cases. Top my wide fields and general viewing. Lower is the specialty case with the planetaries should the conditions be good enough to take advantage. Many times I just go out wth the second case as it is smaller, lighter, and gets the job done.post-31982-0-56523900-1379178336_thumb.j

• Like 2