Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

After a recent thread highlighting the (potential) weakness of the 3/8th connection into the ScopeTech Zero, I ordered this from @FLO... ScopeTech Mount Adapter. This connects with two supplied M8 bolts and then the M10 bolt from the tripod connects securely to that 👍

1FBFC6A1-FB9B-45E6-8103-5CF83E41B770.jpeg

40D915E2-85C8-44B6-B0FC-E22C23292BBA.jpeg

• Like 7

On 26/04/2021 at 12:28, amaury said:

I just got a planisphere this morning. Thanks a lot @Richard_B

This is a really nice-to-have item for visual observation and not messing my dark adaption using the phone app. 

PXL_20210426_111905826.jpg

You're welcome, glad I could recycle it

Two items today - thanks to @noah4x4 for a bargain, the reducer will be perfect for the 9.25 XLT

And an Amazon purchase of an external wifi dongle so I can get my RPI/Astroberry working from the very top of the garden with a bit more signal strength/stability, thanks to @Stuart1971 & @teoria_del_big_bang for their comments on an astroberry network problem post (I've gone full "belt & braces")

PXL_20210429.jpg.f91124da133e1f3fc9fc2d1baae26aad.jpg

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, blameTECHIE said:

And an Amazon purchase of an external wifi dongle so I can get my RPI/Astroberry working from the very top of the garden with a bit more signal strength/stability, thanks to @Stuart1971 & @teoria_del_big_bang for their comments on an astroberry network problem post (I've gone full "belt & braces")

I really hope it works for you, it did wonders for me 🙂 

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I really hope it works for you

It would if I'd ordered the correct one - oops.

Had two in my basket and chose the cheaper option - not realising that this one has a RealTek chipset so is no longer supported despite it being in the listing.  Oh well, Amazon Prime so it's going back and I've ordered the correct one as it's got £2 off again today and should be here tomorrow :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blameTECHIE said:

Had two in my basket and chose the cheaper option - not realising that this one has a RealTek chipset so is no longer supported despite it being in the listing.  Oh well, Amazon Prime so it's going back and I've ordered the correct one as it's got £2 off again today and should be here tomorrow :) 

i have the realtek version and it works a treat

• Like 1

if I could get it working that would be great - but I know nothing of linux and without an equivalent of Windows 'device manager' on astroberry and some help (read that as lots of help) then I'm a bit stuck

maybe I should stick with it - it's going to force me to learn at least something in a new kernel (and both are Amazon Prime so one can go back afterwards)

2 minutes ago, blameTECHIE said:

if I could get it working that would be great - but I know nothing of linux and without an equivalent of Windows 'device manager' on astroberry and some help (read that as lots of help) then I'm a bit stuck

maybe I should stick with it - it's going to force me to learn at least something in a new kernel (and both are Amazon Prime so one can go back afterwards)

If you get stuck, I’m sure it can be resolved over the weekend but the OS gurus here.

24 minutes ago, blameTECHIE said:

Try it and see, it may well work..👍🏼

• Thanks 1

well we're done with grocery shopping so me and my mate Malbec will have a go at finding realtek drivers and the CLI for installing them

though Malbec is a bad influence and might lead me away from astroberry into the realms of buying more stuff :D  🍷

**edit**

Through no effort on my part, google search results yielded this - and it's now working as wlan1
I'm leaving the onb
oard as wlan0 so I can use it as a hotspot when not at home

RPi-WirelessDongle-RealtekDriver.png.941af8c9944f7e603187412eb01b545a.png

thanks everyone for the support saying it does work, I just need to improve my linux skillset.

Edited by blameTECHIE
update - realtek wifi dongle does work
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, blameTECHIE said:

well we're done with grocery shopping so me and my mate Malbec will have a go at finding realtek drivers and the CLI for installing them

though Malbec is a bad influence and might lead me away from astroberry into the realms of buying more stuff :D  🍷

My pal “Pi” (Notgri Gio) is helping me in the buy/swap area t the moment, she’s very persuasive.

• Haha 1

wow - at that price it's worth getting as a spare (or two) @barbulo

*** edit ***

I thought I'd done with buying for a while, but now I've got 10 tabs open with AliExpress items :D 

Edited by blameTECHIE
internet shopping is dangerous (to the wallet)

By the way, and back on topic, that dongle was the last item the mailman brought. 

Before that, I received a Raspberry Pi, an ASI224MC, a battery dummy for the EOS 600D and a power adapter for the EQ6-R.

A couple of days ago I ordered a ZWO EAF with temp probe.

But the funny thing about the situation is that I STILL DON'T HAVE A TELESCOPE to attach all the gadgets to! I ordered a SW 200pds + EQ6-R Pro + MPCC Mk III four weeks ago but I'm afraid I'll have to wait at least another month. There seems to be a huge demand for Skywatcher products, the pace of production has slowed and the fallout from the "Evergreen" incident is still affecting the supply chain. 😢

I'll post some photos on D-day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, barbulo said:

But the funny thing about the situation is that I STILL DON'T HAVE A TELESCOPE to attach all the gadgets to! I ordered a SW 200pds + EQ6-R Pro + MPCC Mk III four weeks ago but I'm afraid I'll have to wait at least another month. There seems to be a huge demand for Skywatcher products, the pace of production has slowed and the fallout from the "Evergreen" incident is still affecting the supply chain. 😢

I’ve also got an OTA ordered 6 weeks ago that’s still en-route.

Not my only OTA, but with 90%-100% cloud cover last months and predictions the same - it’s all academic

• Like 2

Ordered on April 6, arrived on 28th.

My first parcel from Japan, via FLO (thank you).

image.thumb.jpeg.78c18b93f71815b5090811ea4489cea0.jpeg

But not Tak

image.thumb.jpeg.5dd4f2d5e363998befaa31fd3dba2a88.jpeg

Some time later

image.thumb.jpeg.fac7ff61fd9d732bda0fa5b6f517ef3b.jpeg

Just under 4kg with rings, finder, diagonal and eyepiece.

And fits into a camera backpack

image.thumb.jpeg.63860cde8ef959440e167a283dbb97a1.jpeg

I guess it would be greedy to ask for some clear skies.

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, Dean Hale said:

Quite rare for me to stumble across a bargain. £43 from amazon warehouse. A couple of very small marks on the side. No doubt i shall shortly add my own when clambering around in the dark.

os.png

Hello Dean. Nice price. I have one. Has transformed my sessions. Can sit comfy these days. I’ve bashed mine floundering around in the dark. 
john 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Telescope40 said:

Hello Dean. Nice price. I have one. Has transformed my sessions. Can sit comfy these days. I’ve bashed mine floundering around in the dark. 

Thanks, too good a price to not give it a try. Good to know it's been very useful too.

• Like 2