Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, Stardaze said:

Nice, I fancy a small frac and certainly thinking sky tee and the SW tripod, is that an 80ED and 127 Bresser?

They are both 102, the Bresser 102/1000, which was in stock at FLO so I pounced, and the Startravel 102/500 which came from @Size9Hex of this parish, the thinking being one for planets and the other to look at the stars.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StevieDvd said:

I thought at first the chalked marks were some ancient invocation for clear skies, but perhaps in reality a reminder from self/partner!! 😉

Hypothetically, while I was away my wife was teaching my daughter to spell... Coincidentally it was my parents golden wedding as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrispj said:

They are both 102, the Bresser 102/1000, which was in stock at FLO so I pounced, and the Startravel 102/500 which came from @Size9Hex of this parish, the thinking being one for planets and the other to look at the stars.

I would imagine at the number of scopes will increase as I understand more about what I want to look at, but they were a good reasonably economical place to start...

• Like 1

On 20/04/2021 at 15:17, Mr Thingy said:

If my wife ever sees the 'Order Information' page on FLO........... nice knowing you all 😱

Ditto...............................Bye  :argue:  🔨    🚑    🤒

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My monthly treat, A delivery from FLO and Amazon - earned after a testing few weeks at work or so i tell myself.

The book "a history of the Universe in 100 stars" thank you to the SGL member who mentioned this in an earlier post. Asiair Pro - surprised how much heavier this is than the original Asiair. Pentax XF 8.5 and the StellaLyra 25mm  - looking forward to trying both. Some caps always need more caps.

PXL_20210423_185401492.jpg

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Sky-searcher said:

Thought it would be rude of me to not to purchase at 1/2 price from Amazon.

8D297435-3431-4899-908C-47E6B93D3609.jpeg

Half-price is always a good thing, although I can't remember how much I paid for mine when bought some years ago, but unless it's gone out of print this atlas is now a high-end item, it seems. 

• Like 1

This arrived today for the start of my ultra portable travel kit, based on a recommendation from somewhere in the depths of the Internet. 

It's a compact little package and some nice additional features, but I think the postman might have to take it back tomorrow as it did not fare well with an AZ-GTi and C5 on it, even though it's supposed to take 8kg ☹️

20210423_170737.thumb.jpg.5db29188bc640f3248fbe265aebd392c.jpg20210423_170845.thumb.jpg.9f7906a5c8e25fbd42da2ba4dc1d1c08.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Dean Hale said:

My monthly treat, A delivery from FLO and Amazon - earned after a testing few weeks at work or so i tell myself.

The book "a history of the Universe in 100 stars" thank you to the SGL member who mentioned this in an earlier post. Asiair Pro - surprised how much heavier this is than the original Asiair. Pentax XF 8.5 and the StellaLyra 25mm  - looking forward to trying both. Some caps always need more caps.

PXL_20210423_185401492.jpg

I would be very interested to hear what you make of both those eyepieces. 

• Like 1

A 10”  EL panel for taking flats with my imaging rig- got a good deal on it as it has a couple of blems but i think a couple of sheets of diffusion gel should take care of those.  

It’ll fit in a 10” baking dish that’ll sit snuggly on the ota and act as a dust cover too :) 

8979BE73-EF36-423F-967D-675CD7466A9E.jpeg

0F61D97A-F63E-4452-892E-8E6BFD82DD9E.jpeg

C0418729-901C-4904-9318-AB68E8F3C2DB.jpeg

and new bearings for the Tal 100rs crayford- one of it originals has a cracked race and is a bit notchy

4A58E431-D9FE-4EFC-8313-C3B10A62E201.jpeg

Edited by markse68
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Dantooine said:

I would be very interested to hear what you make of both those eyepieces. 

Will do. The next two nights are looking promising. Just had a little test during the day time and eye placement for the Pentax seems to be tricky. The StellaLyra is a handsome chap but it's the inside that i need to work - daytime pic seems ok from the StellaLyra. Many more knowledgable people here who may see issues - but i think it'll do nicely.

PXL_20210424_141616616.jpg

Edited by Dean Hale
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dean Hale said:

people here who may see issues - but i think it'll do nicely.

I can see some air windmilling around, but that's probably ota cooling rather than the eyepiece.

• Haha 3

Non-Astro related, well not directly.

I took retirement from employment at the end of May last year.

Mr Postman brought me a tax slip showing a bonus payment from my employer for tax year 2020-2021, I was only working April and May.

So, not directly Astro related, but you can bet that’s where the money will be directed.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, iapa said:

Non-Astro related, well not directly.

I took retirement from employment at the end of May last year.

Mr Postman brought me a tax slip showing a bonus payment from my employer for tax year 2020-2021, I was only working April and May.

So, not directly Astro related, but you can bet that’s where the money will be directed.

how much 🤣

everyone is thinking it

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, faulksy said:

how much 🤣

everyone is thinking it

3 digit sum

4th percentile

I just do not know what to spend it on

:)

no begging letters

Edited by iapa