Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, Dannomiss said:

You guys with your £300 lenses and I'm getting 6 lenses for a total of £300 lol

Temptation is bad... use the force... resist. I think you get one of a type, you like them and you want more of the same. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

So who made a major purchase last night and brought down the internet here in the Normandie region of France from 7am till 10pm they managed to sever a section of the internet 2km of cable had to be changed. Come on own up....

it was the wife's day off work and no access to Netflix "so it was my fault" in the bad books. and no spends...… So you better own up 

10 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

So who made a major purchase last night and brought down the internet here in the Normandie region of France from 7am till 10pm they managed to sever a section of the internet 2km of cable had to be changed. Come on own up....

Someone must have bought a complete rig for astrophography. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dantooine said:

Someone must have bought a complete rig for astrophography. 

no internet is like having your hands cut off..... and for 11 hours albeit for 8 of them I was at work so nada for me yet the other half going crazy....

• Like 1

The nice man from DHL brought my FLO goodies early doors today. 

I think I have more instructions to read.

20200709_085908.thumb.jpg.af2afa10c76a66babce56af5e9851e2f.jpg

In no particular order we have, an ASI178MC, an ASI120MM, a skywatcher spotting scope adapter for the 120MM and because my rack of the eye collimation is maybe not good enough for imaging, a Cheshire eyepiece.

My recently acquired RasPi 4 is loaded with Astroberry and waiting for these new toys to join it in an new chapter in human achievement. The universe just got smaller...

🤩😎

• Like 8

Hurrah, took delivery of my Antlia 3.5nm Ha and SII filters today. Took the opportunity to de-dust my filter wheel whilst installing them. While not quite as good as the 3nm hopefully these will allow me a little more leeway when it comes to moon phase...hey what's .5nm between friends...

“Today...I will most be digging up me turnips!” And the postman brings me my Celestron Omni 2x Barlow.

I bought this as replacement for that not quite so quality item....SvBONY 2x Barlow that I was using as the nose piece on my William Optics binoviewer, that didn’t come with one.

The quality difference is quite large, and I mean large! As in astronomically large!!

The threads are ten times better, the lenses are 15x better and the overall appearance is at least..2x better...lol.

chaz

• Like 1

This turned up in a fairly random ebay search  so i bid and was the only person who did. showed up today and it’s a monster- for some reason I thought it was going to be a tiny little thing but it’s a full blown 50mm finder with solid brass eye lens focuser and wow- massive afov! Needs a bit of cleaning up but i’m well chuffed with it for the grand sum of 4.99 plus shipping 😄 It’s a real beauty!

778115BE-B0D6-44F8-8F6D-EE239AA1AD9E.jpeg

9C013EEE-3F88-4140-B1E6-859AD5C3F6AB.jpeg

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, markse68 said:

This turned up in a fairly random ebay search  so i bid and was the only person who did. showed up today and it’s a monster- for some reason I thought it was going to be a tiny little thing but it’s a full blown 50mm finder with solid brass eye lens focuser and wow- massive afov! Needs a bit of cleaning up but i’m well chuffed with it for the grand sum of 4.99 plus shipping 😄 It’s a real beauty!

778115BE-B0D6-44F8-8F6D-EE239AA1AD9E.jpeg

9C013EEE-3F88-4140-B1E6-859AD5C3F6AB.jpeg

Interesting indeed!.. I know you will do it proud.. :)

• Like 2

A second-hand flight-case, being sold on ebay as left-over part of some new lighting equipment and unused apart from the delivery of such.

Much less than a  new one, but the perfect size for my new finderscope and Telrad. After John's horror stories about the dangers of moving Dobs with their finders attached! Just need some suitable foam to fill it.

IMG_20200709_164121808.jpg

IMG_20200709_164152627.jpg

• Like 4

This is my latest arrival. My first steps back into astrophotography. Asi120Mini and finder guider.

I have an ASIair enroute. I will probably push the button on a new mount as well at some point. Quite like the look of the EQ-35.

Ant

20200709_175248.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Pixies said:

A second-hand flight-case, being sold on ebay as left-over part of some new lighting equipment and unused apart from the delivery of such.

Much less than a  new one, but the perfect size for my new finderscope and Telrad. After John's horror stories about the dangers of moving Dobs with their finders attached! Just need some suitable foam to fill it.

IMG_20200709_164121808.jpg

IMG_20200709_164152627.jpg

Try looking for a local upholsterer, they are likely to have some sizable off cuts of foam, with varying thicknesses.

Ant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Dantooine said:

Temptation is bad... use the force... resist. I think you get one of a type, you like them and you want more of the same. 😁

I'm really pleased with the StarGuider lenses especially with glasses... But @JeremyS new lens looks very nice indeed 

• Like 2

On 07/07/2020 at 17:14, John said:

StellaMira Losmandy plate for use on my 130mm triplet refractor. Lovely quality item. It sits really nicely and securely in the ADM clamp on the T-Rex mount.

Just got to bolt it to the tube rings on the scope now.

Many thanks @HollyHound :icon_biggrin:

P1090713.JPG

P1090711.JPG

The mount looks epic John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ant said:

This is my latest arrival. My first steps back into astrophotography. Asi120Mini and finder guider.

I have an ASIair enroute. I will probably push the button on a new mount as well at some point. Quite like the look of the EQ-35.

Ant

20200709_175248.jpg

Great to see you getting back into it Ant :) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, russ said:

Great to see you getting back into it Ant :) 

Start of a new chapter, last day today, new role on monday (well actually an revisit to an old role lol). New Kit - what can possibly go wrong :) 

20 minutes ago, Ant said:

Start of a new chapter, last day today, new role on monday (well actually an revisit to an old role lol). New Kit - what can possibly go wrong :) 

That's awesome news. It's gonna be great!