Narrowband

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

30 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

That’s odd. Thinking about eyepieces keeps me awake at night. It’s the excitement and anticipation.

🙂

Possibly it’s Ags’s version of counting sheep 🐑🐑🐑 

Edited by Dantooine
Name

1 minute ago, Ags said:

Exactly... turns out I can't count to 12.

It’s the counting that needs consideration. The less spaces you have in your case.. the less money you have. I think that’s what a “balance” is 💰 

• Like 1

In my eagerness to get the new focusser attached to the SkyMax 150, I forgot to check out the rest of the bits it came with... Astrozap dew heater strip and dew shield, Sky-Watcher 2” diagonal and this Sky-Watcher 28mm 2” eyepiece 😃

Found a few reviews that suggest it’s very decent bit of kit, and fits nicely between my 24mm and 32mm eyepieces... Will give it a go when cloud clears 🤞

DFB95700-79EB-4475-A683-1DBC2AD0600C.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dannomiss said:

And another one. This time a BST StarGuider 18mm 😁

IMG_20200707_115113.jpg

IMG_20200707_115321.jpg

That box is filling up quick. You said you would only get 5 eyepieces in there. It’s looking more like 8. That would be plenty. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dantooine said:

hat box is filling up quick. You said you would only get 5 eyepieces in there. It’s looking more like 8. That would be plenty. 

I think only 5 BST lenses. The top right is the Barlow and the bottom one is the super10mm that came with telescope which I still like 🙂 But from seeing other BST lenses they are different sizes so may need a slightly bigger box

1 hour ago, Dantooine said:

That box is filling up quick. You said you would only get 5 eyepieces in there. It’s looking more like 8. That would be plenty. 

The 5 would be I think;

- 5mm, 8mm, 12mm, 18mm, 25mm (May miss out the 15mm and was advised not much point getting the 3.2mm)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JeremyS said:

That’s odd. Thinking about eyepieces keeps me awake at night. It’s the excitement and anticipation.

🙂

It keeps me awake too, but that's because I am at the undecided stage with things again.
So eyepieces, mounts etc. all keep me awake at night too.

• Like 2

StellaMira Losmandy plate for use on my 130mm triplet refractor. Lovely quality item. It sits really nicely and securely in the ADM clamp on the T-Rex mount.

Just got to bolt it to the tube rings on the scope now.

Many thanks @HollyHound :icon_biggrin:

P1090713.JPG

P1090711.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dannomiss said:

The 5 would be I think;

- 5mm, 8mm, 12mm, 18mm, 25mm (May miss out the 15mm and was advised not much point getting the 3.2mm)

That would make a good set. Mags of:- 30, 41, 62, 93 & 150. The 15mm would be a bit close to the ones either side. Also the Barlow could be used on the 8 if needed. I think my mags work out 30, 55, 89, 120 & 150 so similar spread. After 150x I see alien life forms in my eye 👁 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, John said:

StellaMira Losmandy plate for use on my 130mm triplet refractor. Lovely quality item. It sits really nicely and securely in the ADM clamp on the T-Rex mount.

Just got to bolt it to the tube rings on the scope now.

Many thanks @HollyHound :icon_biggrin:

P1090711.JPG

More than welcome... That does indeed look smart and should provide a good solid support for your refractor 👍

Losmandy is overkill for my current needs, but I agree that @FLO own brand StellaMira is putting out some really well made stuff. I have their refractor of course, but also the 2" diagonal and it's lovely too 😀

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dannomiss said:

The 5 would be I think;

Some of the BST StarGuider eyepiece range are out of stock at the moment. I've been watching for a 5mm version, but with no joy. 

13 hours ago, HollyHound said:

In my eagerness to get the new focusser attached to the SkyMax 150, I forgot to check out the rest of the bits it came with... Astrozap dew heater strip and dew shield, Sky-Watcher 2” diagonal and this Sky-Watcher 28mm 2” eyepiece 😃

Found a few reviews that suggest it’s very decent bit of kit, and fits nicely between my 24mm and 32mm eyepieces... Will give it a go when cloud clears 🤞

DFB95700-79EB-4475-A683-1DBC2AD0600C.jpeg

They are not at all bad and not to be sneezed at. I use mine quite a lot with my 're-modded' ETX105 when fitted with a 2" star diagonal. 
They have a nice rugged feel; (if you like that sort of thing); as well as nice smooth twist up eyeguard. They are definitely better than what
I thought they are for a budget 2" e/p. :thumbsup:

IMG_0324.thumb.JPG.46240330106212d8840e165957e3fd01.JPG

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dannomiss said:

10-15days wait currently 

Yep. Even Skies The Limit on eBay doesn't have any 5mm...

3 hours ago, JeremyS said:

TeleVue Nagler 26T5:

1098179550_IMG_1914(1).jpg.25dd8a1681d4a95b63d9c76ed075a88c.jpg

OK, I'm done with the eyepieces now 🙂

Yeah right. I said that and today I’ve ordered a pan 27. We should maybe be at the end of the search?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dantooine said:

Yeah right. I said that and today I’ve ordered a pan 27. We should maybe be at the end of the search?

You guys with your £300 lenses and I'm getting 6 lenses for a total of £300 lol

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Dannomiss said:

You guys with your £300 lenses and I'm getting 6 lenses for a total of £300 lol

Out of you and me, Dan, I’m definitely the mug here. Your approach is excellent.

• Haha 2

So who made a major purchase last night and brought down the internet here in the Normandie region of France from 7am till 10pm they managed to sever a section of the internet 2km of cable had to be changed. Come on own up....

• Haha 4