Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, Dantooine said:

I’ve never used a delite. Looks a serious eyepiece. An 18mm one is interesting, what will you be using it in and for?

Dale. 

I have both the 13mm and 18.2mm DeLite (purchased from the SGL sale/swap section) and find them to be excellent, bright, flat eyepieces, which work well in the 80mm ED f/10, Mak 150 and Mak 127. I've used them so far to hunt galaxies, split double stars and even on Jupiter and Saturn. I did have some 82 degree eyepieces (Nirvana ES), but found that I much prefer 62/68 degree FoV, as to me it just seems more comfortable (others of course prefer the wider views).

For the Mak 150, I spent a good few hours last week, just using these two eyepieces and the Panoptic 24mm, for mags of 75x, 98x (call it 100x) and 138x 😀

• Like 1

Delivered this morning, and in excellent condition, thanks Martin 👍

Celestron f6.3 Reducer/Corrector.

I have been looking for one of these for ages, to use in my Celestron C5 and enhance its “grab and go” potential even further 😃

0FD0B97D-8896-448A-B26F-3345BF558B16.jpeg

• Like 5

Wow, this arrived quickly from TS in Germany 👍

Berlebach Report 372 Astro with EQ5 (Vixen GP) head. It did arrive with a wooden accessory tray too, but that’s not shown in the photo.

This is so much lighter (4 kg) than the Uni 28 (9 kg), and is intended to pair with the ScopeTech Zero Mount and StellaMira 80mm f/10, as my lightweight and (hopefully) sturdy grab and go refractor setup.

The Uni 28 can revert back to supporting the SkyTee II and Mak 150.

C0DEC17E-D1EC-49DB-BC8B-7D9600385DA5.jpeg

4D0C1CB0-F9C5-4602-92AE-205ABB0B7714.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My little Lacerta 72 Apo has finally arrived from Austria 😀.......minus the F/Flattner that was supposed to be with it :(

A big thank you to Zoltan (365 Astronomy) who has kept me in the loop and sorting out the missing FF 👍

apo1.jpg

apo2.jpg

Edited by callisto
change wording
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, callisto said:

My little Lacerta 72 Apo has finally arrived from Austria 😀.......minus the F/Flattner that was supposed to be with it :(

A big thank you to Zoltan (365 Astronomy) who has kept me in the loop and sorting out the missing FF 👍

I just had a little look at this on Zoltans site. It's a really nicely specc'ed scope for a good price right now.

1 minute ago, steveex2003 said:

I just had a little look at this on Zoltans site. It's a really nicely specc'ed scope for a good price right now.

I'm a bit gutted about the FF as I was wanting to get straight into imaging with it, but I'll have to wait a little bit longer :)

• Sad 1

Not the postman, and not really astro, but....

IMG_20200717_170754.thumb.jpg.d540b443838d2172a0119f6f7ab39707.jpg

55" LG OLED. Last year's high end model, heavily discounted. Two blokes from John Lewis. Slightly complicated by my heating engineer fitting a room ventilator, putting a 5" hole through a 2' thick stone wall.

• Like 3

Got a little case for my eyepieces off amazon.. 

Going camping next week and hoping for at least one clear sky, so wanted something to keep them altogether and safe.

Im very pleased with it..

might try secure a pocket at the front to keep my pocket sky atlas in but I’ll see if that works out, something to work on while it’s cloudy out..

1A9E0E37-98A4-4680-82D7-8035286141DB.jpeg

0A44DDC0-B41C-47E3-BCD8-55592B152E6B.jpeg

• Like 9

Please allow me to add to the clouds with a APM 20mm/70 degree illuminated spotting eyepiece. In my 80mm spotting scope gives a very useful x17 magnification and 4.2 degree fov. Great compliment to the telrad.

Altair ADC, hoping to give it a whirl on either sat or sun night weather depending.

Sky quality meter which came about as I realised a refund I had forgotten about and left me with a positive balance on credit card. Well had to be spent on something. 

IMG_2426.JPG.dfbe49719dcb03aa51eecedc07932a2a.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, harpy said:

Got a little case for my eyepieces off amazon.. 

Going camping next week and hoping for at least one clear sky, so wanted something to keep them altogether and safe.

Im very pleased with it..

might try secure a pocket at the front to keep my pocket sky atlas in but I’ll see if that works out, something to work on while it’s cloudy out..

1A9E0E37-98A4-4680-82D7-8035286141DB.jpeg

0A44DDC0-B41C-47E3-BCD8-55592B152E6B.jpeg

Looks comfy in there. I always struggle finding a case that’s not too big and not too small. 

Been watching UPS tracking  and anxiously waitng. Finally got dropped off at my local USPS office.

The barlow I've been using is 2x and cheap.

Hope this Orion 3x works good with my camera and lens both.

I have to admit that I was looking at the televue, but they weren't in my budget right now.

20200717_161113.jpg

• Like 5

A brand new in the box, long since discontinued Baader Classic NT focuser, for my Lunt 60. The Feathertouch option was frankly a little rich for my blood. When this one popped up, it was almost too good to be true. Literally a 5 minute install and exponentially better than the outgoing original focuser it replaces. Most pleased.

IMG_2522.JPG

Edited by steveex2003
  • Like 4

A very nice, used Tak MEF 3 microfocuser for my FS128 arrived today..

..it should help getting the best possible high power fine focus on Mars later this year and allow me to dispense with the (excellent) Baader Helical fine focuser I currently use, and thus give me more in focus for use with my binoviewers (I can already use some eyepieces natively with no Barlow, but this will give me a fair bit more to play with).

Just got to find English fitting instructions now! (I'm sure I've seen them on the net in the past..).

Am well chuffed😊👍

Dave

IMG_20200720_141241946.jpg

• Like 8