Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Delivered today, Royal Mail from FLO, 3D printed bracket assembly for ZWO ASiAir and EAF for mounting on my William Optics Blach & White Cat 51.  Really nice quality and allows for secure mounting of both ASiAir and the EAF onto the WhiteCat/RedCat 51 OTA. haven't tested the autofocusing yet but certainly looks good.  Oh made by ProAstro, here's the link from FLO site. 

ProAstro William Optics RedCat 51 ASiAir and EAF mounting assembly

Jim 

WC4 Cropped.jpg

WC3.jpg

WC2.jpg

WC1.jpg

Edited by saac
  • Like 11

Well had a good play around with the new to me SA2i, firmware checked, polar scope aligned, Scope and ZWO camera ordered from FLO. Couldn't run to a field flattener yet, budget ran out :) That will come later.

• Like 1

Decided to upgrade my bins from the current Canon 10x30 IS to some Bresser 16x42 IS. 

Quick check on terrestrial views show image just as steady although seems a little sharper.

Weight wise they are the same but the Bresser seem to have a better built feel to them.

Bring on the clear skies. 

20230202_115839.thumb.jpg.8f9595d78187fce472cd0fa9bbddbc88.jpg

20230202_115847.thumb.jpg.11972bdab59349ab272381d808ef8ed3.jpg

Edited by bomberbaz
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

2Decided to upgrade my bins from the current Canon 10x30 IS to some Bresser 16x42 IS. 

Quick check on terrestrial views show image just as steady although seems a little sharper.

Weight wise they are the same but the Bresser seem to have a better built feel to them.

I am imagining a fur lined parka and an ice trench outside a hangar on Hoth. 😀

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
on
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bomberbaz said:

Decided to upgrade my bins from the current Canon 10x30 IS to some Bresser 16x42 IS. 

How do you find the IS binoculars compared to a normal pair of binoculars. I have an old pair of prinlux 7x50 bins and was thinking if researching for a pair of IS ones. Edit... Woaaa just seen some prices, steps back slowly until the lottery is won 😂. The IS bins do look a lovely piece of kit though. 

Lee 

Edited by AstroNebulee

2 minutes ago, AstroNebulee said:

How do you find the IS binoculars compared to a normal pair of binoculars. I have an old pair of prinlux 7x50 bins and was thinking if researching for a pair of IS ones

Lee 

A dream to use lee and these are very lightweight. As an example of their capability, you can see the same through 10x30 stabalised as you can in normal 10x50. 

I am guessing that the 16x42 I just bought will be close to 15x70's in capabilities. 

I hope to give them a whirl this weekend and will report my first light.  

• Like 2

On 30/01/2023 at 13:04, F15Rules said:

"to stop you freezing me to death when you come to bed after watching Orion for 2 hours!!"

I'm laughing imagining you standing in your garden motionless,  staring up at Orion for two hours straight 😂

• Like 1

On 30/01/2023 at 08:32, Space Hopper said:

We like handles on here, don't we....?? 😀

For some reason I get the vibe that handles are shunned here on SGL, is this true? how could something so practical and intuitive deserve the evil eye? or maybe this is just me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

For some reason I get the vibe that handles are shunned here on SGL, is this true? how could something so practical and intuitive deserve the evil eye? or maybe this is just me.

Au contraire. Handles are nearly as popular as Taks here.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

All the more due to our dear departed John Handleby. I do and shall continue to think of him any time handles are mentioned. Shame we can't get a handle reaction added to SGL! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AstroNebulee said:

How do you find the IS binoculars compared to a normal pair of binoculars. I have an old pair of prinlux 7x50 bins and was thinking if researching for a pair of IS ones. Edit... Woaaa just seen some prices, steps back slowly until the lottery is won 😂. The IS bins do look a lovely piece of kit though. 

Lee 

keep yer eyes on ebay. I got my canons for 1/3 new price. And they really do make a massive difference

• Thanks 1

Not what the postie brought, but rather what the moving company took away; all of the astronomical equipment I have purchased and used over the last 8 years since moving here has now been packed onto a giant lorry, not to be looked through again until at least May / June time 😭😱 They've obviously taken most of my other belongings too but I mean who cares about that stuff? 😂

Weird feeling. Even weirder that we don't leave Berlin until end of Feb, and I've essentially had to pack for now, my upcoming two month Japan trip, and then at least a month in the UK before we get stuff back. I did think of keeping the tiny ultralight travel scope setup with me, but as it is a) 100% cloud cover all day every day at the moment, and b) I will be in Tokyo for a significant portion of my time I figured I will just have to deal with it!

Or buy a Tak while I'm in Japan (with a handle of course) 😎

Edited by badhex
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

D'accord!! J'aimerais en savoir plus sur les poignées sur ce forum !!👍😁😂

Davide :help:

Edited by F15Rules
  • Haha 2