Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

On 23/04/2021 at 10:23, GavStar said:

It was good to be able to do a meet up after such a long time. Shame I forgot that I didn’t have a diagonal attached to my AP130GTX! However luckily I had my tec turret to use instead which was quite fun to rotate around for easy magnification changes.

A8B4E14F-C27F-45BA-8BC6-3D7A7060E865.jpeg

Surprised no NV intensifier attached. 😄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I underestimated how light it is getting. It's  midnight and clear blue sky to the north...I need to wait for another hour to have a chance but it's a work night. 

Not a recent image, but this was my Skywatcher Quattro 10S (still owned) on my old NEQ6 at what was a local dark site (now flood lit).

Quattro 2014_08_03.jpg

Edited by ajohnson
Incompatible image format
  • Like 12

My able assistant (well, it’s daughter and maybe I was more the assistant) at around 4am at the end of a recent 2 hour Jupiter & Saturn watch.

The old Skywatcher Skyliner 200p came without a base which is still under construction and being tested. Worked well!

C3AF1BA2-9240-437D-A6CD-BEE60A6DDCE9.jpeg

• Like 12

On 13/06/2021 at 19:36, Ags said:

Set up for lucky imaging of M57 tonight.

IMG-20210613-WA0009.thumb.jpeg.9e4452c9fed4b8fbb4849b0181fb762e.jpeg

Ags is that a Celestron C6 mounted on your AZ GTi?

Edited by Guest
Typo

4 hours ago, Grumpy Martian said:

Ags is that a Celestron C6 mounted on your AZ GTi?

Yes it is. Works very well! This picture is slightly incomplete as I had not yet attached the 1kg counterweight. It is perhaps not strictly necessary but I feel it reduces strain on the AZ-GTi.

Edited by Ags
  • Like 1

Hello all,

Sadly I kept forgetting to take my mini phone tripod out to get a decent night shot this last week, but here's an passable phone shot of my Z73 out on its first few nights under the stars:
image.thumb.png.4fe4109ea1c880de0cff7a6a35708f75.png

• Like 7

On 17/06/2021 at 14:39, PeterStudz said:

My able assistant (well, it’s daughter and maybe I was more the assistant) at around 4am at the end of a recent 2 hour Jupiter & Saturn watch.

The old Skywatcher Skyliner 200p came without a base which is still under construction and being tested. Worked well!

C3AF1BA2-9240-437D-A6CD-BEE60A6DDCE9.jpeg

I love the base for that skywatcher! creative touch on it is so fitting.

11 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I love the base for that skywatcher! creative touch on it is so fitting.

Thanks! On the other side is Orion. I don’t have much time during the day and have had to construct this outdoors. It’s been a slow-ish progress. Should be decent when finished and painted. Probably better than the supplied original. 

However, I’ve found that once I had a basic working setup made I could test and tweak the base bit by bit. Eg I wanted the eyepiece rack to be on the eyepiece side. But I found that while sitting on a chair and observing the rack needed to be at a height that wouldn’t (at certain angles) clash with my knees. And getting the bearings moving with minimum stiction took some fiddling - easier to do when only part constructed. 

CCB791B7-BE43-4577-A65B-3E0A4CC7C41F.jpeg

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...